tanavanas:

Hii! This seems like the best place to get information about historical dramas so I'm just gonna ask, hope you guys don't mind. I want to watch historical dramas with someone who doesn't like tragic endings, fantasy and plots with too much blood so I'm having hard time picking something that fits. Do you have some recommendations? It can be C or K drama, realistic (not wuxia, xianxia etc) and with the happy ending. Thank you in advance! ?

The Imperial Coroner is also a good one. 

tanavanas:

Hii! This seems like the best place to get information about historical dramas so I'm just gonna ask, hope you guys don't mind. I want to watch historical dramas with someone who doesn't like tragic endings, fantasy and plots with too much blood so I'm having hard time picking something that fits. Do you have some recommendations? It can be C or K drama, realistic (not wuxia, xianxia etc) and with the happy ending. Thank you in advance! ?

From what I watched I can think of :

• Sungkyunkwan Scandal
  • Hwarang
  • Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung
  • Mr. Queen
 tanavanas:

From what I’ve watched, they are A Girl Like Me and The Romance of Tiger and Rose. Both are quite light-hearted with happy endings.

Hello! I really enjoy historical shows so I would like to join this club.  (◕‿◕✿)

I've been enjoying Sword Snow Stride. The cinematography and choreography are well done. The story is somber and serious with humor here and there to fit the mood. The characters are interesting. Story seems to be male lead tries to win everyone over with kindness/reason.

autumn carrot:

Hello! I really enjoy historical shows so I would like to join this club.  (◕‿◕✿)

Welcome!

Knavery:

I've been enjoying Sword Snow Stride. The cinematography and choreography are well done. The story is somber and serious with humor hear and there to fit the mood. The characters are interesting. Story seems to be male lead tries to win everyone over with kindness/reason.

I like it, too, although the plot got a bit repetitive in the last part. It does end with  a bang, though. Can't wait for the second  season!

autumn carrot:

Welcome! :) 

Ari:

Maybe the long ballad? I really liked it. It's not like super gorey, there isn't any fantasy. 

I already watched The Long Ballad. I really liked it so I may rewatch it tho.

Estelll:

Here are some I can think of right now (in random order):

The King in Love and The Story of Ming Lan sound good. Thanks!

Vya van Velaris:

The Imperial Coroner is also a good one. 

Hmm, for some reason I wasn't interested in it while it aired but I see it has a good rating and mostly positive comments so I think I'll check it out. Thank you!

kYuBin:

From what I watched I can think of :

• Sungkyunkwan Scandal
  • Hwarang
  • Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung
  • Mr. Queen

I watched Hwarang and Mr. Queen (loved both!) so I'll keep the other two in mind. Tbh, I'm not the biggest fan of female-led historical dramas so I avoided Rookie Historian but I may check it out. Thank you for recommendations!

awkward potato:

From what I’ve watched, they are A Girl Like Me and The Romance of Tiger and Rose. Both are quite light-hearted with happy endings.

The Romance of Tiger and Rose sounds interesting even though it has some fantasy elements.  I'll add it to my list. Thanks!

autumn carrot:

Welcome in the club !

kYuBin:

Welcome in the club !

Thank you!

Ari:

Welcome! :) 

Thank you!

Vya van Velaris:
Welcome!

Thank you!

Vya van Velaris:

Welcome!

I like it, too, although the plot got a bit repetitive in the last part. It does end with  a bang, though. Can't wait for the second  season!

Like you I'm really hoping there is a season 2 and they can keep the cast intact. I thought the cast did a great job. The story in the back half had some hiccups but was overall strong. That being said they built up this giant and complex world and the focus of season 1 was more personal with the male lead. I want to see them explore the world with a season 2 and be more like Nirvana in Fire for example.

That's not a criticism of the show though. It was so good I want more. Also more Qing Niao story please. I've made a ton of gifs of her scenes. Too many.

Hope I am not late to the party  !

○I like it when the tags-history, romance and drama come together. 

○I can only tolerate angst to a certain extent. 

○I like it when stories are anchored in a particular settings/context and the place comes alive through the characters and story imprinting it in my memory. = alternate history is welcome.

○Loves to pick historical tidbits Facts and Trivias from shows. Adores when dramas make intelligent use of such knowledge.( as in how Luoyang made use of the water ways)

○I try to judge dramas on their own. In thier own context. I believe every drama has its own strengths.

○(Slow-watcher. Haven't watched that many. Sticks to cdramas)?

Historical accuracy is a complicated term . There are multiple histories. While watching a drama, it is just a drama for me.. Hi story! Hi all ? ? ? 

Can I join the fun?

Welcome to all the new members!!! ^_^ 

HealerHanzi:
○Loves to pick historical tidbits Facts and Trivias from shows. Adores when dramas make intelligent use of such knowledge.( as in how Luoyang made use of the water ways)

○I try to judge dramas on their own. In thier own context. I believe every drama has its own strengths.

○(Slow-watcher. Haven't watched that many. Sticks to cdramas)?

Historical accuracy is a complicated term . There are multiple histories. While watching a drama, it is just a drama for me.. Hi story! Hi all ? ? ? 

Can I join the fun?

I agree to most of your points!! I also like to learn through dramas, even if I also agree that they can never be 100% historical accurate... At least I learn of their culture, and how life was back then in these places, and if I can pick up some historical titbits as well (and later maybe read on the real historical characters, if any), that's a win! :)

But above else, historical/costume dramas are entertainment to me...