Vya van Velaris:

Who Rules The World is announced to premiere on April 18!  

I'm excited! The trailer looked so good. I hope it won't disappoint.

I hope it'll stay more on the wuxia side than political one

jmennuie:

I hope it'll stay more on the wuxia side than political one

I see a lot of sword fight in the trailer, so hopefully it's more wuxia.

Maybe like Sword Snow Stride?

Vya van Velaris:

It looks really good!

Vya van Velaris:

Me too!!   

Who Rules The World is off to a pretty good start. The leads are paced relatively well. My one issue is I think the court intrigue stuff is moving a little too fast for my liking and I am worried that I'm going to eventually feel like that portion of the show is repeating in circles. But I'm sure there are people who prefer this pace to a slow burning political intrigue.

Knavery:

Who Rules The World is off to a pretty good start. The leads are paced relatively well. My one issue is I think the court intrigue stuff is moving a little too fast for my liking and I am worried that I'm going to eventually feel like that portion of the show is repeating in circles. But I'm sure there are people who prefer this pace to a slow burning political intrigue.

I haven’t started yet. I’m trying to wait till there are more episodes. But I’m glad the responses are pretty positive so far. 

I would love to become a member of the Historical Dramas Club! I've recently started to get into historical dramas last year. My first historical drama I fell in love with was Mr. Sunshine back in 2019. Last year I watched around 10 historicals, may not seem like a lot but 4 of those were 50 episodes each. One of the dramas I watched last year was Word of Honor and I ended up falling in love with the Wuxia genre. 

I'm currently watching Who Rules the World, though I'm only 2 episodes in right now. I'm hoping to get caught up this weekend. I'm also planning to pick Asa ga Kita back up, put it on hold a few months ago.

Pandemonium09:

I would love to become a member of the Historical Dramas Club! I've recently started to get into historical dramas last year. My first historical drama I fell in love with was Mr. Sunshine back in 2019. Last year I watched around 10 historicals, may not seem like a lot but 4 of those were 50 episodes each. One of the dramas I watched last year was Word of Honor and I ended up falling in love with the Wuxia genre. 

I'm currently watching Who Rules the World, though I'm only 2 episodes in right now. I'm hoping to get caught up this weekend. I'm also planning to pick Asa ga Kita back up, put it on hold a few months ago. 

Welcome! 

Pandemonium09:

Welcome!!

Pandemonium09:

I would love to become a member of the Historical Dramas Club! I've recently started to get into historical dramas last year. My first historical drama I fell in love with was Mr. Sunshine back in 2019. Last year I watched around 10 historicals, may not seem like a lot but 4 of those were 50 episodes each. One of the dramas I watched last year was Word of Honor and I ended up falling in love with the Wuxia genre. 

Welcome! Watching 10 (esp some with 50 episodes) is an achievement to me, you did great! I still have Word of Honor on my PTW list, I should start it sooner rather than later.

Greetings, HDC.  I want in :)  Check out my profile, and you'll see why :) 

Nienna

thanks! Happy to be here :)

Welcome in the club "She Who Weeps" ! :)

Welcome, Nienna!

To all lurking members :)

To make this thread more like a club instead of just a welcoming committee, what about we all do a monthly recap of historical/costume dramas we watched, put on hold, or drop on that month? That way we exchange recs & maybe find new dramas that were flying under our radars?

I thought I’ll just throw the idea out there. Let me hear if you think this is a good/bad/terrific/stupid idea or you all have/don’t have the time. ;p