LisNoir wrote: But Deep Rooted Tree was so good. I had no problems getting hooked to that one.

I have no comeback for this truth. But I liked Sungkyunkwan a lot so...we part company on this one Lis-ssi. I just know there are some really good dramas I would have missed if I dropped at ep. 1. City Hall and Hong Gil Dong are prime examples of this for me. City Hall's first ep is slow..but the rest of that drama is amazing and turned out to be one of my all time favorites that I've watched more than once. I feel the same about Hong Gil Dong but just not as strongly as CH. Bottom line is...if you can't do it then you can't. There are plenty of other dramas to watch as we all know. :)
Jeaniessi wrote: I have no comeback for this truth. But I liked Sungkyunkwan a lot so...we part company on this one Lis-ssi. I just know there are some really good dramas I would have missed if I dropped at ep. 1. City Hall and Hong Gil Dong are prime examples of this for me. City Hall's first ep is slow..but the rest of that drama is amazing and turned out to be one of my all time favorites that I've watched more than once. I feel the same about Hong Gil Dong but just not as strongly as CH. Bottom line is...if you can't do it then you can't. There are plenty of other dramas to watch as we all know. :)

Jejeje...Mianhe.
These are the dramas I've dropped: Arakawa Under The Bridge: Usually I like surreal plots and weird characters, but this was waaay too much for me. Binbo Danshi: seen 3 episodes. At the beginning I naively thought that a drama with 2 of my favourite actors could only be great, but soon enough I found out that this theory was far from truth. Coffee Prince: the main actress was damn annoying. RH Plus: Although this drama was badly written and the acting was awful, I actually found it entertaining for about 5 episodes. :D But now that I have >50 shows that I plan to watch, and several dramas on hold, I'm not sure that I'll watch this ever again. Taisetsu na Koto wa Subete Kimi ga Oshiete Kureta: was very promising at the beginning. I had been looking forward to see Miura Haruma and Toda Erika act as teachers. And truth to be told, I got hooked on this show pretty easily. But problems arise after 4 episodes when the conflicts became meaningless. It would have been a great show if the writers ended it after 4 episodes. :/
yaven wrote: These are the dramas I've dropped:

Arakawa Under The Bridge: Usually I like surreal plots and weird characters, but this was waaay too much for me.

Truth! Arakawa was ANNOYING! I dropped it too.
hahah i am loving this thread ... will be back with my list later .. but i am sure i have four dramas or more that i dropped lolz .. will explain when i come back later ..
Likeyyy !!! 1) Boys over flowers.. watched till 4 episode (hardly) Reason: i couldnt take the same thing happening to the other main lead... even in HYD i wanted the girl to end up with the other main lead guy ... Another important reason was girl's acting ... arghh !! it was very poorly done ... there was also a lack of chemistry between both main leads .. TO be honest, i gave this one three tries.. i first started watching it and then dropped it after first epi.. then i watched till 3rd but when i tried the last time.. i knew i am never going to watch it again ... it really didnt bother me cuz i knew the story :P Dropped Scale " you are not just worth my time" ( Gosh i sound so mean :P) 2) Romance Town .. Reason: This was just boring... it was really flat for me .. i watched til 5 or 6 ( dont remember clearly) but then i couldnt watch it .. i was not curious at all to find out what happened to them .. Drama scale : " why waste my precious time when i can watch something much better" 3) Hana Kimi Remake Reason: Though in the beginning i found the story a bit different and it got me going.. but then i couldnt take it anymore .. Main lead guy didnt give me that feeling what manga did.. plus, he was not that good looking at all .. ( am def going hell for this one:P) ... Drama scale: "Sorry REmake .. but i cant re watch this drama" 4) Ouran high school I will apologize beforehand but i really tried liking this one to0o but i couldnt watch it ... i couldnt even watch more than two episodes.. I have a picture imagination and to make it worst my imagination is really strong or powerful .. i read the manga and watched anime.. but i thought the main lead guy was not what i imagined him to be .. effects were poorly done ... Drama Scale " its all my imagination fault .. " Sorry for posting twice.. i didnt realize i was the last one to post .. :S ..
BiyaS wrote: Likeyyy !!!

Sorry for posting twice.. i didnt realize i was the last one to post .. :S ..

I liked your list and your explanations! No need to apologize for posting twice! We all do it! No one will verbally spank you or they'd be a hypocrite! LOL
Jeaniessi wrote: I liked your list and your explanations! No need to apologize for posting twice! We all do it! No one will verbally spank you or they'd be a hypocrite! LOL

haha .. thanks for already protecting me from spanking ;) ...
So I'm going through the Monster and trying to get rid of stuff. Just dropped PK Youtube version (If I disliked the long version, why continue the torture?)...........and I'm getting mixed messages about Spy Myung Wol.......I guess that one is staying for now.
Sleepninja wrote: So I'm going through the Monster and trying to get rid of stuff. Just dropped PK Youtube version (If I disliked the long version, why continue the torture?)...........and I'm getting mixed messages about Spy Myung Wol.......I guess that one is staying for now.

You will not miss anything if you don't watch the YT version and I dropped Spy Myung Wol...lol
LisNoir wrote: You will not miss anything if you don't watch the YT version and I dropped Spy Myung Wol...lol

Haha Noted.......so that's one no and 1 yes(ish) lol

i have been meaning to start Spy Myung Wol for a long time now...i think i will give it a try (meaning i will watch it all since i almost never drop a drama lol)...i haven't even dropped ROmance Town yet...lol
A couple of others on the chopping block : A Man Called God and Poseidon.

Anyone have any thoughts on these two? Keep or drop?
Sleepninja wrote: A couple of others on the chopping block : A Man Called God and Poseidon.

Anyone have any thoughts on these two? Keep or drop?

I've never watched AMCG (never will...lol But I've read that it sort of sucks) and I dropped Poseidon (I apologized to Siwon and everything, but I couldn't watch it anymore...lol)
i watched Poseidon...and rated it 4...but if you like Siwon you can give it a try...i fell for Siwon in this drama..he looks absolutely amazing.. haven't watched Man called God