demi:

Hello! I'm Demi, a relatively new and picky BL enjoyer. I'd love to join this club! ☺️

Just by posting in this thread, you're a member.

There are also lively Discord groups if you're interested, the MDL BL Drama Lovers server is here:  https://discord.gg/uRSVuwEqga  there is also the BL | GL Wonderland Discord Server: https://discord.gg/blwonderland Both servers offer watch parties and lively conversation about individual BL (and GL in the case of the latter group) dramas and films.

Fàilte!

angeliviki2022:

Welcome! Just let us know what kinds of BL you enjoy and we'll recommend similar ones. 

I usually like ones with good production/budget and an interesting plot that isn't too slow. For example I did a jbl dive recently because I loved how shy/realistic the protagonists can be but I ended up tired of how slow they can be... Some episodes had many filler scenes, throwback montages or slow monologues. I liked them for their realness/quirkiness and the spicy scenes lol. I always appreciate spicy.

Wrenix:

Wow, well that's going into my favourites list. Thanks Rx lol

Review for Bed Friend I watched the Uncut version on Iqyi. 

Insightful review. It's one of the favorite shows. Uea overcame a lot of trauma and owned his sexuality. He still had some phobias, like his fear of the dark, and I'm glad King was sensitive to it even though he may not have understood it. As much as King tried to play it off as casual, he had it bad to Uea from the beginning. Just the way his eyes followed Uea from the first time he saw him. Bed Friend is also one of the first shows, in addition to The Eighth Sense, that talked about therapy and taking medication for depression. It's taboo in Asian cultures to even admit needing help that this was so refreshing to witness.

demi:

I usually like ones with good production/budget and an interesting plot that isn't too slow. For example I did a jbl dive recently because I loved how shy/realistic the protagonists can be but I ended up tired of how slow they can be... Some episodes had many filler scenes, throwback montages or slow monologues. I liked them for their realness/quirkiness and the spicy scenes lol. I always appreciate spicy.

Based on your comment above and looking at your completed list, the only one I can recommend is The Sign.  I think our ratings are very different. Do you consider 8 or 8.5 something good or just so-so? I'm a really generous rater, so if I enjoy a show, I will easily give a 9 or 9.5. I will give 10s to those I couldn't stop watching or I eagerly awaited if I watched while it was on-air. Here's my list in case you want to check it out (with comments on the shows). https://mydramalist.com/list/1R8JP9m3

RXinw:

Welcome!

I like your profile picture.

Pulled it off someone's IG.  LOL. And, WOW, your profile page is quite racy, its fifty shades of BL Universe.

PS: Guess the series and character that I am referencing is the italicized sentence.

demi:
I usually like ones with good production/budget and an interesting plot that isn't too slow.

Since your top rated BL so far is the original Japanese "Cherry Magic", I might recommend the Thai remake (Youtube GMMTV channel but within Thailand only, so you need to VPN to Bangkok).  I'm usually a tough critic of remakes, but I'm watching it right now, and it's really really good.

The Trainee final ep

I swear I teared up at that ending TT it was so sweet. 

JaneRyan have become a favourite for me now lol I absolutely need a special ep of their marriage or something pleaseeee GMMTV 

I can’t seem to put my feelings about this drama into words, I’m just overwhelmed with happiness from how great that was TT 

Overall rating: 9/10 (because of the Bahmee/Tae/Judy complex that was like completely unnecessary) 

Also, I’m still so obsessed with the OST, it’s so so so good!!! I can’t stop listening lol

Hello my dears! 

I've just finished The Trainee, too. I've watched the last three episodes today. I liked this drama very much. It was so wholesome and healing, sweet and leaves a happy feeling. Sometimes I had a good laugh (for example as the printed pages fell on the floor, anyone who has seen it, knows what I mean. :D). I would have liked there to have been more moments between Jane & Ryan, but maybe there will be a special episode for them, like Onyx wrote. :-) I am totally in for that! :D 

At the moment I only watch The On1y One as a BL drama and otherwise non BL dramas. 

demi:

Welcome! :)

I just watched Cherry Magic the other day. I enjoyed the story but Kiyoshi annoyed me all the way until the last episode. Have you seen Tokyo in April is...?

ZachRivera:

Pulled it off someone's IG.  LOL. And, WOW, your profile page is quite racy, its fifty shades of BL Universe.

PS: Guess the series and character that I am referencing is the italicized sentence.

Lol, my profile is a place only few dare to visit lol

The only BL I can think of is Dangerous Drugs of Sex but that was a movie, so the only series that attempted to give 50 shades vibes is playboyy.

Wrenix:

Wow, well that's going into my favourites list. Thanks Rx lol

Review for Bed Friend I watched the Uncut version on Iqyi. 

I am glad you enjoyed it.

demi:

Welcome to the club!

*thinking emoji* let me see what I can recommend:

Cherry Blossoms after Winter

Dear Doctor, I'm Coming for Soul

Jazz for Two

Last Twilight

Century of Love

Meet You at the Blossom

Blueming

Laws of Attraction

Love Mechanics: Director's Cut

Oxygen

Plus & Minus

Shigatsu no Tokyo wa...

We Best Love: No. 1 For You

We Best Love: Fighting Mr. 2nd

Until We Meet Again

Oh, Mando!

The Eighth Sense

Tie the Not

Siew Sum Noi (I liked this one but not everyone does)

Let me leave it there for now.

demi:

Hello! I'm Demi, a relatively new and picky BL enjoyer. I'd love to join this club! ☺️

Welcome to the club! :)

Magnoliee:

Hello my dears! 

I've just finished The Trainee, too. I've watched the last three episodes today. I liked this drama very much. It was so wholesome and healing, sweet and leaves a happy feeling. Sometimes I had a good laugh (for example as the printed pages fell on the floor, anyone who has seen it, knows what I mean. :D). I would have liked there to have been more moments between Jane & Ryan, but maybe there will be a special episode for them, like Onyx wrote. :-) I am totally in for that! :D 

At the moment I only watch The On1y One as a BL drama and otherwise non BL dramas. 

Yesss, it was such a great feel-good romcom, I couldn’t stop laughing throughout lol 

I LOVE OffGun now, after watching this and Not Me and now I can’t wait to start watching Cooking Crush just to see more of them! Gun is an adorable cutie pie while Off is the hot stuff- they are made for each other honestly XD 

............ I'll just leave this here.....enjoy .....

Wrenix:

............ I'll just leave this here.....enjoy .....

Sheesh ur killing me bro TT I was just about to go to bed and now I saw this….well, here comes another sleepless night for me lmao