axdxex:

Takara no Vidro And The Significance Of Marigolds!

I've been feeling really confused since watching the latest episode. I found it odd that Takara didn't mention the beautiful marigold photo that Taishin shared with him. Instead, he chose to comment on Taishin recognizing him as a senior.

Takara loves nature, so it was strange that he focused on the senior common instead of connecting with Taishin over their shared interest. From what I've learned, Takara isn't the type to be bothered by minor comments like that. I wondered what caused his reaction and if there could be another explanation.

Takara's first instinct regarding Taishin is to deny that he's affected by the situation; even though he may come across as a bit standoffish, he's still nurturing. So, his reaction to the senior comment may align with his normal behavior. But I wondered if marigolds have any significance related to his response and if it adds another layer to their developing relationship.

I found that Marigolds are often linked to the cycle of life and death, representing the beauty and fragility of life. Marigolds are also known for symbolizing loyalty, passion, and affection, signifying a solid and enduring bond. Their vibrant colors and resilience make them popular for conveying deep emotions and connections.

If we apply this to their personalities, Taishin is the very definition of purity, loyalty, and life itself, while Takara seems to show affection in his actions solely for Taishin. He is already proving to be a passionate lover but is showing signs of perhaps a loss of a loved one or a disconnect from a family home. So, marigolds are appropriate in this context because they guide the lost ones, the "dead," back home. Let's remember that Taishin and Takara already show a bond that could last a lifetime.

Final Thoughts;

I just realized that this is the photo Taishin took at the park just before the stalker showed up. Also, here's where it gets juicy: Taishin is quite knowledgeable about plants. The thought that he purposely included the flower to convey a message to Takara and to understand its significance adds an incredible layer of complexity to this scene;

Circling back to my comment, "Takara loves nature, so it was strange that he focused on the senior common instead of connecting with Taishin over their shared interest." Again, Takara is also knowledgeable in plants, so he may have known the significance of marigolds and chose to change the subject to a safety topic.

Why are they like this? I am losing my freaking mind over here!!! 

I'm almost halfway through Stand By Me, a Chinese short series gangster bromance set in the Republican Era. If it keeps going the way it is I'll prob give it a 9 or 10 just cuz I love the comedy and Wang Zu Yi, but not sure what the end has in store.

I'm loving the relationship btw the ML's. One is the straight guy (no pun intended) and the other is the goofy guy in a cute way. (Sooo cute I sent him flowers!!).  They play off each other really well. 

They remind me of Tang Yi & Shao Fei in History 3: Trapped,  which is an all-around excellent watch!

Simi_Tutu:
Why are they like this.. I am losing my freaking mind over here!!! 

Can I say it? haha. It's a Japanese drama.

American Fan:
Can I say it? haha.

LOL, I  EAT IT UP EVERY TIME!

American Fan:
I don't like the scent of coffee, let alone drink it.

@RXinw: Just to prove that I'm not a clonebot of American Fan, I love coffee (and JBLs).

Simi_Tutu:
Takara no Vidro And The Significance Of Marigolds!

Hmm, maybe - but I interpreted it differently: Taishin: "Wow, Takara is so awesome because he knows it's a marigold." Takara: "Pffft, everyone knows that."

p43425:
I interpreted it differently

Ok, you got me. I laughed hard! 

Also,I absolutely need my giant iced coffee every morning and an Espresso Martini on Fridays haha 

Re: Century of Love - Episodes 1 & 2

I thoroughly enjoyed these first two episodes. I had major Until We Meet Again flashbacks with the red thread and lover dying by gunshot wound similarities. After watching both episodes I only have positive things to say which is a good indicator that I truly loved every second of the episodes. I love the Chinese elements of this series. The Chinese instrumental music of what I am amusing is the erhu, that was used in episode 1 really set my mind at peace and brought me into the atmosphere they created to fit the time period. I also liked the martial arts fight scenes in episode 1; they really did them justice. Watching them reminded me of the Chinese martial arts movies from the early 2000s and 90s that had names such as, "The Drunk Monkey"; which had these dramatic sound effects each time someone got hit during a kung fu showdown. I was also reminded of Kung fu Panda and Legend of Korra season 1 & 2. All the fight scenes were good and did not make me laugh as they looked serious and executed skilfully in my opinion.

I love the great degree of symbolism this series has. The colour red is used heavily; from the red thread scene, blood to even the red cloth that covered San and Vee at their first meeting. The colour red in Asian cultures is known to symbolise love and marriage. Even in San's room the lamp shades are red. I also took appreciation of the fact that the first time San met Vad she saved him and now the first time he met her reincarnated as Vee he saved her instead.

The music is so beautiful in this series. I love the theme song especially when it comes in at the significant scenes; it makes the events really feel fated, and the lyrics are touching; again UWMA flashbacks. The fact that my mind has already created this association tells me that I am most likely going to enjoy this story-line. Oh, and I love that dramatic instrumental that came on at the end of episode 1 and I think somewhere in episode 2; it sounds like drum beats and the sound of a chain rattling in the background. I just love the mood this series had me in during the watch and left me in after; I feel happy and at peace.

The way the curse is  fleshed out makes it easy to follow along and I love the details of it. The goddess definitely has a sense of humour in making Vee the reincarnation of Vad. I also found San's wet dream  hilarious. To think that all these decades his penis was not working and now after meeting Vee it is suddenly rising to the occasion so to speak. (Why did my mind snicker at the word penis; for god sake oops almost said my real name - me, Grow Up!)

I hope that this series will finish as strongly as it started out for me because lately too many series have started out well only to descend into lacklustre performances due to drag or other drawbacks. 

Overall it was a great first two episodes and I look forward to episode 3 which will be out today; at least by my clock.

RXinw:
I thoroughly enjoyed these first two episodes. I had major Until We Meet Again flashbacks with the red thread

Yes - plus also "First Love Again" because of the gender element.

It's funny how they draw so heavily on Thai-Chinese elements in "Century of Love" when reincarnation is such a Buddhist thing.

RXinw:
I hope that this series will finish as strongly as it started out for me because lately too many series have started out well only to descend

Yes, I also try not to get my initial hopes up too high for the same reason - but so far, I have a really good feeling about this series. Anyways, I'm glad you (and others) share my initial enthusiasm!

So I'm on ep 4 of Love Sea and that Mook character is a reason alone for me to drop this show LOL 

The first 3 eps are like those holiday romance novels I used to read as a junior teen and now we've gotten really derogatory really quickly

Elfy:

So I'm on ep 4 of Love Sea and that Mook character is a reason alone for me to drop this show LOL 

The first 3 eps are like those holiday romance novels I used to read as a junior teen and now we've gotten really derogatory really quickly

Bleh, can't make it to the end of episode 5. Not that it's super annoying. I'm just bored LOL

Elfy:

Bleh, can't make it to the end of episode 5. Not that it's super annoying. I'm just bored LOL

I admit that I skip the 2nd couple parts.

It is surprisingly quiet here considering today the finale of We Are aired.

Updates:

Source - X (Twitter)

The trailer has a lovely little scene hehe.
https://t.co/2LrARJzn6m

Loved this trailer; full of action but I doubt it is a BL. 

Now I have never watched a BL reality show but I had plans to. I think my first will be the Japanese one called "The Boyfriend"; all because I saw a particular clip on X with a young man in it.

This is him. Yup definitely watching; for exploration of the reality series world of course *cough* no other reason. 

p43425:
@RXinw: Just to prove that I'm not a clonebot of American Fan, I love coffee (and JBLs).

*Raises coffee cup* cheers!

p43425:
Yes - plus also "First Love Again" because of the gender element.

Oh yeah!

p43425:
Anyways, I'm glad you (and others) share my initial enthusiasm!

Planning on watching today's episode tonight because I binged the two first episodes last night so I want to recreate the night time atmosphere all over again lol. I am so glad that we get two episodes per week! Wednesdays & Thursdays

We Are the series - I will rate it soon hehe. I know I will be seeing some tens in here later on.

Wednesday Roundup!!!

Century of Love Ep3

I did not expect this show to take the turn it did at the end. I am a little shocked. TBH I'm not a fan of that particular trope ( a love interest who is a traitor), but I'll trust the process because the preview hints at some cute  shenanigans. 

Once again this week, I have to mention just how good Daou and Offroad are together. The chemistry is chemistry-ing.  That wedding scene with San lifting the red fabric off of Vee's face was gorgeous.  He really does have such a pretty smile.

The special effects for this are not that great, but I'm not at all bothered. It just adds to the old timely vibes.  

Hidamari ga Kikoeru Ep4

It's here... the hurt, pain and suffering. Can I say I much prefer that trifecta early on in shows rather than keeping it to the last few episodes. I find it much more engaging. 

This show is beautifully shot and edited. The way they play with sound and silence is so engaging, and I don't just mean the scenes relating to Kohei's hearing loss. I also mean the rain, the silence in a conversation, the background noise of everyday life : birds, bike pedals, plant watering, crickets. All the things Kohei can't hear.  

This episode was definitely a break up episode, even if these two weren't actually dating (YET). It's the way Kohei felt rejected and pulled away from Taichi, basically cutting him off. And it's also in the way Taichi inadvertently hurt Kohei, in an attempt to protect him. 

Now, how shall I wait until next week ???!!!

We Are Ep16

It's done and over. I have to let my children go ;; I feel like this deserves its own post so I'll be back after work with a proper review.