American Fan:
Thailand photo collection

I love these!! I was there in January 2024 for a return visit (first visit was in 1995). It was supposed to be a solo trip but my SIL and her daughter ended up coming along. We had so much fun visiting temples, eating and shopping at the night market in Chiang Mai and Bangkok's Chatuchak Weekend Market (supposedly the largest market in Thailand). I also took them rock climbing outside of Chiang Mai and at Railay Beach. 

American Fan:
My first Thailand photo collection is posted on my feed.

Ahhh love! Did you have a favorite spot to visit?

axdxex:
I have a hard time finding people to travel with, and I'm scared of doing it on my own (the people I know either don't like to travel, don't have money, or don't have time), so I always have to wait for others when I just want to get up an go ;;

I travel solo! I did Costa Rica last year and am going to Portugal shortly. I plan to go SE Asia probably next year. I had the same issue with friends being married/having kids/not wanting to spend money on travel, so I started to do it myself. Best thing  I did :) I did take my mom to Greece before that. Favorite place.

RXinw:
Well that was one long post lol. Anyways these are my thoughts on the mentioned series.

Always interested in your thoughts! Every time I think I'm out in left field with my own thoughts, there's always someone here on the same page. :-)

Elfy:

I'm the hateful flexitarian so I wouldn't have judged LOL Your pictures look awesome though <3

Haha, I wouldn't say hateful at all. I'm not a militant plant based (similar to vegan) person by any means. It's totally a personal decision what people want to put in their bodies. 

ShirleyCrow:

Lovely photos. @Americanfan .  I would love to go some day.

Thanks!

FortPeatForever:
I cannot wait to go with my niece and sister in summer 2026.

What fun that will be. 

babi:
Looks so beautiful! I wanna go too, it's my dream. I live in South America, way too far 

Actually I think both North & South America take about 22-24 hours to travel to Thailand.  Not to mention it depends where on the American continent one is, since it's so large! It can be a 5.5-6 hr flight just from one side of the US to the other.

It IS far, for sure. The hardest part is being cooped up on a plane for hours and hours. I get restless and have to walk around often. I'm amazed at people that can sit for 11 hours straight!

axdxex:
I have a hard time finding people to travel with, and I'm scared of doing it on my own (the people I know either don't like to travel, don't have money, or don't have time), so I always have to wait for others when I just want to get up an go ;;

Right? I've traveled alone, but it's just not as fun. And it's different going somewhere that might not speak your language at all. I think it would be fun to go with a specific travel group. Like, all women in your age-bracket or something like that. I've never been on a group tour, except for a one day tour in Italy & Ireland.

American Fan:
Right? I've traveled alone, but it's just not as fun. And it's different going somewhere that might not speak your language at all. I think it would be fun to go with a specific travel group. Like, all women in your age-bracket or something like that. I've never been on a group tour, except for a one day tour in Italy & Ireland.

segos:
I travel solo! I did Costa Rica last year and am going to Portugal shortly. I plan to go SE Asia probably next year. I had the same issue with friends being married/having kids/not wanting to spend money on travel, so I started to do it myself. Best thing  I did :) I did take my mom to Greece before that. Favorite place.

I've done a couple tours pre-covid with a local group, which were pretty fun, traveled with a friend once, and last year I took my parents to Japan, but I'm starting to realize that I'm going to have to travel solo too ;; I've actually been trying to muster up the courage for a while now. My anxiety gets the better of me, I keep thinking that if things go south, I'd at least like one person to know lol

angeliviki2022:
We had so much fun visiting temples, eating and shopping at the night market in Chiang Mai and Bangkok's Chatuchak Weekend Market (supposedly the largest market in Thailand). I also took them rock climbing outside of Chiang Mai and at Railay Beach. 

Sounds wonderful! I was in three locations in the south. Really wanted to get up to Chiang Mai so bad, but there wasn't time. That's always how it is. And I don't rush and run around when I'm traveling. Yes! i was at the Chatuchak market too. Great fun!

I have a few more photo collages to do and will post later.

segos:
Ahhh love! Did you have a favorite spot to visit?

Besides the island we were in Pattaya & Bangkok. I would say the island was a favorite. I love the ocean/beach (I live in the mountains), and the relaxed vibes were refreshing. We stayed in a nice spot on the beach, so it was 24/7 heaven!! 

But Bangkok has a lot of interesting things to see. I love art galleries and local artisan shops, including art supply shops. Also, the local temple in Bangkok, of my host, was really cool. I'll share a pic of that later.

segos:
Best thing  I did :) I did take my mom to Greece before that. Favorite place.

Cool!! While I lived in Israel I wanted to go to Greece so bad, but I just couldn't find the time. I've only traveled to Victoria Island BC by myself, except for trips back & forth to Israel from the states. Usually I have people I know in many places, so I get there and then I'm not alone. :-)

axdxex:
I'm starting to realize that I'm going to have to travel solo too ;; I've actually been trying to muster up the courage for a while now. My anxiety gets the better of me, I keep thinking that if things go south, I'd at least like one person to know lol

You might consider starting with same language (English?) countries that are friendly (Ireland come to mind as a perfect choice) and welcomes tourists. If you like to plan your trip by the day, including your lodging,  then you could leave a copy of your schedule and details with a family member.  You could send a daily text, or an AM/PM text just to check in with that family member.

axdxex:
My anxiety gets the better of me, I keep thinking that if things go south, I'd at least like one person to know lol

If you ever want to chat about it, feel free to reach out. I have double experience with being a therapist and a travel advisor. I also wouldn't mind considering a potential travel partner in the future! I'm in my 30s though (and also have anxiety haha).

American Fan:
While I lived in Israel I wanted to go to Greece so bad,

I highly recommend it. Especially since you like the water. It's absolutely beautiful and the food is the most amazing.

----

I tried to start some dramas last night but nothing was clicking. I'll try again tonight, but it was a bummer :( Even The Eclipse with First in it didn't capture me much. 

segos:
I tried to start some dramas last night but nothing was clicking.

I hate when that happens! I watched the first ep of Takara no Vidro but haven't formed an opinion yet. I usually love or hate a J-drama, so I'll see how this goes.

American Fan:
You might consider starting with same language (English?) countries that are friendly (Ireland come to mind as a perfect choice) and welcomes tourists. If you like to plan your trip by the day, including your lodging,  then you could leave a copy of your schedule and details with a family member.  You could send a daily text, or an AM/PM text just to check in with that family member.

That's a good idea. I'm totally a planner so that would be totally possible. Even when I travel in a group I make sure to leave an itinerary and copies of my important papers with my family. 

segos:
If you ever want to chat about it, feel free to reach out. I have double experience with being a therapist and a travel advisor. I also wouldn't mind considering a potential travel partner in the future! I'm in my 30s though (and also have anxiety haha).

I actually had to go to therapy when I first started traveling abroad 7 years ago! I was so anxious about everything-- but my dream has always been to travel so I had to go learn how to work around it.  I'm much more at ease now tbh but I'll definitely reach out once I make up my mind!

American Fan:
My first Thailand photo collection is posted on my feed

Some lovely pictures you have here. The scenery looks very tranquil and relaxing. I especially like the last one in the right hand corner with the lights and tables and a background that looks like the sea. I can imagine some good conversations and drinks taking place there. Also the picture with the palm tree caught my attention. I have no idea about the plants found in Thailand but that palm tree caught my attention because my grandma has some in her yard; they are a popular tree in my country. All this vacation talk makes me want to go on one. 

RXinw:

Some lovely pictures you have here. The scenery looks very tranquil and relaxing. I especially like the last one in the right hand corner with the lights and tables and a background that looks like the sea. I can imagine some good conversations and drinks taking place there. Also the picture with the palm tree caught my attention. I have no idea about the plants found in Thailand but that palm tree caught my attention because my grandma has some in her yard; they are a popular tree in my country. All this vacation talk makes me want to go on one. 

Thanks. The evening lights and tables are by the sea. It was awesome eating outside with a sea breeze in that atmosphere.  And did you know Israel has palm trees?! I sure didn't. I have memories of green parrots making their home in the palm trunks. I always associated palm trees with places like your country, of course. And there are palm trees in Arizona too.  

I'm caught up with Takara no Vidro. I think I figured out what parts and why I struggle with J-dramas in general. Pretty sure I can chalk it up to cultural differences. It doesn't help me enjoy them more, but at least I understand it better. 

American Fan:
I hate when that happens! I watched the first ep of Takara no Vidro but haven't formed an opinion yet. I usually love or hate a J-drama, so I'll see how this goes.

I have trouble getting into J-dramas too. I love Japanese culture, but something just feels uneven to me. I'm always giving new ones a shot, so maybe I'll find one.

I am giving The Eclipse another go. I also have to get a root canal in a couple weeks, and I was going to go back to work after but I decided to take the day off and lay in bed watching BLs instead.

Bad Guys trailer. I couldn't find an MDL page. 

American Fan:
I'm caught up with Takara no Vidro. I think I figured out what parts and why I struggle with J-dramas in general. Pretty sure I can chalk it up to cultural differences. It doesn't help me enjoy them more, but at least I understand it better. 

I really like Japanese BL's but I'd love to hear your take on why you don't enjoy them, because I know a lot of people feel that way.

Looking through my PTW list for specials to knock out and I'm having trouble finding places to watch them. I'm really interested in this one and I've never heard it mentioned in the BL. Not sure where I picked it up at.

Season 14: TV Cinema: Behind The Shadows

I tried a link in the comments section but I'm blocked. I think it was Billi something..?

Also can't find Between Us special and Anti Reset special. not on Viki or YT :-(

And others...