p43425:

No cheese huh? But ... but ... "quesadilla" literally means "little cheesy thing".

Just go with it.

p43425:

Just think of me as seasoned and possibly wise.

A salty wise guy. 

RXinw:
(okay I feel like I am giving someone a heart attack)

OMG, me. 

RXinw:
I also know how to and have slaughtered pigs.

You've shattered my image of you forevermore. 

axdxex:
Anyway-- the song is:

碎日 by 涂善存 (Charles Tu)

I didn't but I'm glad to know!

GelfyFaeth222:

Think I can hear the soft opening of Hall of the Mountain King preparing for tomorrow's challenge question lol 

I'm not readyyyyy!! 

@RXniw

Beautiful pics of fruits!! I've seen some of them in Thailand, but I was too afraid to try any.

Jadeheart:
Lima beans(they can f#@% right off and get tossed into a volcano)

Good plan!!

Jadeheart:
Stroads(they're an immense blight in American infrastructure)

I've never heard of stroads, but after Googling they don't sound good.

woopdy:
side note: this Up guy must be a really good actor because every time he appears on screen I just want to punch him across the face

Please don't punch my Up!!

TY_0910:
No problem! It's okay, if it is not to your taste :D  To each their own!

I'm going to try the recipe you shared. Btw, my brother came to town today and he treated me to Indian dinner!! It was sooo good, Interestingly he recommended that I try the vegetable biryani, and I thought of you. :-)  It was delish!!

TY_0910:
This is the first time I have met someone, albeit online, who doesn't like Cilantro... and what do you mean it tastes like soap?

I know quite a few people that don't like it. I do though!! I LOVE it, and the scent.

@fortpeatforever

Cool collage pics and great choices!! 

TY_0910:

you don't like Cilantro? *shocked to my very core* This is the first time I have met someone, albeit online, who doesn't like Cilantro... and what do you mean it tastes like soap? maybe they prepared it wrong the first time... my request, give it a chance again, of course no pressure, but you don't like cilantro...?  *still in a daze*

Get ready to learn something new today: 

"The gene for this cilantro taste is called OR6A2. Thinking cilantro tastes like soap is recessive. So if you or someone you know thinks cilantro tastes like soap, you have two recessive alleles." 

"In a study, 14-21 percent of people of East Asian, African, and Caucasian ancestry disliked cilantro. In contrast, only 3-to-7 percent of those who identified as South Asian, Hispanic, or Middle Eastern disliked it."

TY_0910:

NOPE, IT DOES NOT!!! IT REALLY, REALLY DOES NOT! :((( 

Spoiler: Up is supposed to have a redeeming arc, but it's too short, and they finally end up together, because apparently, the toxic love they have for each other is so great that it trumps time and logic -_-

Still though, I really enjoyed this show so much I binged watched it. And put it on my fav BL list. I like bad boys, motorcycles and action all in one drama. Yes drama Gods!!

woopdy:

:,( 3 hours wasted. honestly its impressive how the acting and the cinematography seem pretty good yet the story is absolutely fucking ass.  I feel like I have never run into a show that sucks in this unique way, yk? I simply cannot sit through 3 straight hours of watching this evil mf abuse this absolutely stupid and dense mf. Like wow thanks for reminding what real life is like I appreciate it. I thought TV was supposed to be fun!!

Now I see this post! Hahahaha. 

Jadeheart:
"The gene for this cilantro taste is called OR6A2. Thinking cilantro tastes like soap is recessive. So if you or someone you know thinks cilantro tastes like soap, you have two recessive alleles." 

Thanks for that info! While I love cilantro, I know quite a few people (including my hubbie) who can't stand it - so maybe this is why. I've never asked him if he thinks it tastes like soap, so now I'm curious.

+++

As to today's challenge question: I won't answer because having just one "ultimate bias" is too constraining for me, and having a "bias wrecker" makes it sound like a competition. There's enough love (and lust) in my heart to share equally and fairly among several dozen BL actor cuties. Reference is made to my list claiming exclusive legal rights ("dibs"), previous version of 10 May 2024 herewith updated to "version 4" (in alphabetical order):

Bever Patsapon, Bom Tanawat, Chen Xuan Yu, Dunk Natachai, First Chalongrat, Fluke Natouch, Fourth Nattawat, Gameplay Garnpaphon, Gun Atthaphan, Iwase Yoji, Jeon Chang Ha, Jur Vasin, Keen Suvijak, Li Zhen Hao, Mark Jiruntanin, Newyear Nawaphat, Nomura Kota, Nut Supanut, Offroad Kantapon, Okura Takato, Onishi Ryusei, Opal Kritsapatorn, Oriyama Nao, Palm Veerapat, Perth Tanapon, Plan Rathavit, Sakai Sho, Sato Ryuga, Sota Ryosuke, Tai Thanaphat, Tiger Aekapol, Top Piyawat, Tutor Koraphat, Xu Bin, and Yim Pharinyakorn 

Please note that I'll only do them one at a time, not all together. I wouldn't want people to think I'm pervy.

TY_0910:

you don't like Cilantro? *shocked to my very core* This is the first time I have met someone, albeit online, who doesn't like Cilantro... and what do you mean it tastes like soap? maybe they prepared it wrong the first time... my request, give it a chance again, of course no pressure, but you don't like cilantro...?  *still in a daze*

There's one specific gene that causes this in 10% of cases. https://health.clevelandclinic.org/do-you-love-or-hate-cilantro-the-reason-may-surprise-you

I'm behind. It's been a rough few days in mental health world (both personally and professionally given my job lol)

Day 12 - List 5 things you love

1. EDM concerts/music. It's rare for me to be in a place and feel free and not worry about peoples thoughts of me. When I'm in the middle of a crowd and we are all dancing, I feel free.
2. Art. I am not terribly good at it, but I love to see how people express themselves. I used to go to fairs where I would try to buy something from a local photography. The type that I enjoy haven't come in many years, which makes me sad, but it's something I enjoy.
3. Computer/technology. I had a chronic illness develop in my early teens. My computer helped me stay connected when otherwise I would've felt lost.
4. Poetry/books/writing.
5. Football.... I really, really like American football. I'm a Ravens fan.

Day 13 - List 5 thing you hate/dislike.

1. Dating... I don't think I need to expand. But it's a tough world out there. Inconsistency is king apparently.
2. When my headphones die midrun or workout. Or I lock my keys in the weightroom and no one is there to let me back in... not that I'm bitter.
3. Any kind of phobia toward sexuality or gender. All the isms.
4. When there's nothing I can do to help a client.
5. What dementia does to a person.

Day 14 - Your favorite foods. Do you cook yourself, dine out, have it delivered?

I am the worst cook known to humanity. It's bad. I don't know how I survived graduate school. I don't get to eat my favorites anymore because my (horrible) ex is who made them, but I still love them.

1. Mapo Tofu
2. Shi zi tou (Lion's Mane Meatballs) with stewed cabbage
3. Baozi

Not from him:
4. French fries of all kinds.
5. Chicken and rice... I can be simple sometimes.
6. Greek food. All the Greek food. Literally amazing.

August BL Challenge - Questions

Day: 1, 2, 3

˚₊‧꒰ა Day 4  ໒꒱ ‧
⤷  Drama Tags

꒰ა  Favorite   ໒꒱ 
Adapted From A Manga -I find it fascinating to see how characters from a story are portrayed in a live-action adaptation. When I watch the drama version, it's incredibly satisfying to delve deeper into the storyline and experience scenes that weren't included in the show. Additionally, I enjoy comparing the scenes in the manga to those in the live-action drama.

Morally  Ambiguous Male Lead-  These characters as they blur the line between right and wrong, prompting me to question my own beliefs. It's intriguing to see how their actions spark debates in the comments, leading to a shift in perspectives, including mine. This challenges me to step out of my comfort zone and reevaluate my stance on various topics. 

Musician Male Lead- This tag is a personal favorite Of mine. I adore it when stories intertwine with them, adding depth to the characters' emotional journey. It's incredibly satisfying to see the male leads overcome their obstacles through the power of music. Plus, adding new songs to my Spotify playlist is a great excuse, which always lifts my spirits. This tag truly resonates with me.

Investigation/ Murder / Action- I'm lumping these together because they usually all go hand-in-hand. The fast-paced nature of these dramas is incredibly thrilling to me. I find it particularly enjoyable when a story can catch me off guard and keep me guessing completely. Additionally, I have a strong appreciation for well-executed gunfights in stories. Perhaps it's the  American in me, lol. 

Sexual Content—  Occasionally, I need a break from the typical high school romance and yearn for more profound and compelling storylines. However, I still enjoy the NC scenes from series with this tag. Also, when we get bonus behind-the-scenes footage, it's cherry on top

.꒰ა  least Favorite   ໒꒱ 

Cooking- Despite my numerous attempts, I've been unable to develop an interest in them. These shows often suffer from a lackluster storyline and minimal character development. The relationships between characters either don't make sense or lack time to develop. Usually, there is not enough emphasis on the food, which should be the show's primary focus. I've also noticed that I skip through many scenes due to boredom. Additionally, I've observed that many cooking series' humor is exaggerated and reminiscent of the anime Food Wars. One particular series I watched seemed to consist of characters moaning every time they ate. Intriguingly, every BL couple I encounter has at least one cooking show in their series backlog.

School Bullying/Enemies To Lovers- I strongly prefer stories about enemies-to-lovers, where two characters who initially dislike each other eventually fall in love. However, I don't enjoy it when this trope is mixed with school bullying. It's unsettling to see a romantic relationship develop between characters when one has actively made the other's life miserable and humiliated them. It is also problematic because it can glorify or normalize the idea of starting a relationship with someone who has bullied you. This concern is significant because school bullying is still an essential issue in many schools worldwide. Therefore, it shouldn't be a central focus of a series. Instead, stories should emphasize student empowerment and self-love, promoting positive and healthy relationships.

Mean Parent/Family Pressure -I find myself conflicted about this issue. While I understand the importance of portraying specific experiences, I am concerned about the frequent repetition of these storylines. The overwhelming prevalence of depictions of controlling or homophobic parents is starting to have a significant impact on me. However, I do recognize that there are also positive and supportive parental representations within the LGBT drama community. It is essential to highlight and emphasize these positive portrayals rather than continually focusing on negative ones.

TraumaCertain traumatic experiences don't bother me as they can contribute to character development and be praiseworthy when executed properly. It's the storylines heavily centered around the main character's experience of SA that trouble me. The reason for my concern is the prevalence of comments romanticizing the idea of the victim being in a relationship with the person who caused them harm. I fail to comprehend how people can view this as justifiable or as romanticizing the action. Why is it still acceptable in today's society? I will never be able to understand.

Child Abuse- I find it incredibly difficult to watch scenes where a child is experiencing severe neglect and abuse. The sound of a child crying affects me deeply and fills me with overwhelming sadness. When such scenes appear, I usually prefer to mute the sound and close my eyes until they are over because I find it extremely distressing to witness.

Meet You At The Blossom - 11

Watching Huaien on the ground clutching that necklace he gave to Xiabao while every memory of their's flashed by was just devastating to watch; only for Huaien to utter:

"I was born with sin. I don't deserve all the good things in the world. The more I want you, the faster I lose you."

Hold on I need a moment.

In the words of Celine Dion's song Is Nothing Sacred Anymore:

"Never thought a heart could break without making any sound"

When I watch the finale tomorrow I know I will be watching the end of a journey; a special series being cemented in my heart and mind. For me it is the first ever series to hold a place beside Until We Meet Again in my heart.

Day 15. Who is your ULT BL bias & bias wrecker? (The actor not the character). Why? Share a fav pic!

Gun Atthaphan is my ult bias. He's a good actor + I like to see him on screen, he has presence and can act multiple personalities or whatever have you. He's versatile when it comes to his acting abilities and that's exactly what a good actor should be like.

I don't have a bias wrecker, but I have a few other faves. PP Krit is among them.

No pics because I'm lazy. Check out his IG (gun_atthaphan) and TikTok (atpgunatpgun).

RXinw:
Meet You At The Blossom - 11

Watching Huaien on the ground clutching that necklace he gave to Xiabao while every memory of their's flashed by was just devastating to watch; only for Huaien to utter:

"I was born with sin. I don't deserve all the good things in the world. The more I want you, the faster I lose you."

Hold on I need a moment.

Oh! We watched it at the same time. I just finished and came her to say about the same thing! So heartbreaking. I realized I should have waited for tomorrow's ep then watched both. :-(

What a powerful scene. What a jerk Su Yin is. 

American Fan:
What a powerful scene. What a jerk Su Yin is

If I had not given it a 10 before then this scene would have definitely made a special 10 scene for me.

Regarding Su Yin he is what us Jamaicans would call, "A real dutty johncrow"

p43425:
Please note that I'll only do them one at a time, not all together. I wouldn't want people to think I'm pervy.

Screaming! LOL so one at a time makes it better? LOL I am dying.