Kidnap - Episode 4

Oh my, oh me oh my, (cue the Garnett Silk song of the same name lol), this episode called me single in several different languages. The chemistry was being released in waves. The way they left me feeling single I might as well take a vow of celibacy (inner voice: as if your virgin self could commit to that *side eye*). 

I enjoyed this episode; a perfect weekend chill episode after the busy week I had. Looking forward to the next episode.

RXinw:
I enjoyed this episode; a perfect weekend chill episode after the busy week

This sounds like a good choice to watch after I just finished The On1y One.  :-(

Casper:

Has anyone seen Hidamari ga Kikoeru (I Hear the Sunspot)? I’m currently on episode six and it’s becoming one of my favorites but I don’t think I’ve heard anyone talk about it ;-;

I watched it because I enjoyed the original very much. This series didn't disappoint either.

The On1y One  Finale

DO NOT read if you don't want to know ending details.

Anyone in the mood for ice cold mint tea? Seriously, that's the ending scene. I feel robbed. And thirsty.

I was even hoping for a time skip to adulthood at the last moment, with a romantic closure. NOT even a closure for the teachers.  Dang it!!

Ngl, not sure how I feel about this series, as the last half wasn't all that. Ep 11 had a few scenes I didn't get at all, like the whole getting locked in the gym and the little party with the teachers and inane convos. The word lame comes to mind.

Because I noticed the real age of both main actors, (29 & 30) I struggled a little with accepting them playing high schoolers. 

Never saw their parents again after they moved into the dorm or soon after, unless I missed smth. Well, except for the practically x-rated flashback scene Tian had of his dad, which was just about the only excitement in that department for the whole series. Sadly, not for the couple I was hoping for.

Come to think of it, whatever happened with the dorm theft story? Did I miss that too?

The good parts - I felt like Tian & Sheng had great chemistry so I felt bad when Sheng made the choice he did. Tian was so attentive to him and he never caught on. The actor playing Tian did a great job. I enjoyed the teacher and classmate characters.

The music throughout was super fantastic. Especially the last few eps. 

Lastly, I have trouble keeping this series separate from Addicted Heroin, another currently airing drama. The downside to watching similar stories at the same time maybe.

I rated it a generous 8/10 and crossing my fingers for a S2, but not holding my breath.

American Fan:
The On1y One  Finale

At this point I am wondering if I should just put it on hold and wait until the official announcement of season 2 because based on all the posts on X (Twitter) I would not even know how to rate this series. I feel like this is the type of series needed to be watched with a continuation of a season 2 so it all ties together well like We Best Love.

RXinw:

At this point I am wondering if I should just put it on hold and wait until the official announcement of season 2 because based on all the posts on X (Twitter) I would not even know how to rate this series. I feel like this is the type of series needed to be watched with a continuation of a season 2 so it all ties together well like We Best Love.

Not a bad idea. I can't say anything more without spoilers.

Casper:

Has anyone seen Hidamari ga Kikoeru (I Hear the Sunspot)? I’m currently on episode six and it’s becoming one of my favorites but I don’t think I’ve heard anyone talk about it ;-;

If you scroll back to when it was airing, a lot of  us talked about it - and loved it, too (myself included).