What am I going to do when I run out of BL shows to watch!?!  At the rate I am devouring them it won't be long.  Also out of curiosity, is there anyone in this club like me who is 50+ age range?

Popcxqueen:

Has anyone read the Old Fashion Cupcake manga and is it available in English somewhere? I just started the first episode and already I LOVE IT.  The sweet things they're eating all the way to how they're tackling middle-aged burnout and apathy. 

And oh my word, when Togawa smiled as he saw Nozue walking into the office wearing the three-piece suit he had told him looked good......swoon.

Update: So I found the manga and read the whole thing in one sitting.....so I know it won an award, but honestly I'm liking the drama better so far, for whatever reason. Anyone else read the manga?

Popcxqueen:

Update: So I found the manga and read the whole thing in one sitting.....so I know it won an award, but honestly I'm liking the drama better so far, for whatever reason. Anyone else read the manga?

I haven't read it yet, but I would love too. Where did you find it to read?

Plushpriestess:

What am I going to do when I run out of BL shows to watch!?!  At the rate I am devouring them it won't be long.  Also out of curiosity, is there anyone in this club like me who is 50+ age range?

I think we gonna get lot more than expected in upcoming days. Besides dramas you can branch out to Mangas, novels and animes of same Yaoi genre

hoshthegoat:

I wanted to eat everything tbh.

Yeah the pacing was pretty slow... it didn't help that there was a lot of unnecessary slow-mo and awkward pauses when characters were speaking.

I kept the show in 1.25 speed literally. And something went bad from ep.9 like story or direction. 

I'm in love with Green Thai Curry and search for it everywhere nearby my place due to the show. 

Popcxqueen:

I gonna read it too. I think it is best J-BL drama to me. 

TheUntamedHeart:

I haven't read it yet, but I would love too. Where did you find it to read?

I found the manga here at MyReadingManga, which seems to be a website dedicated to LGBTQ+ manga, anime, and live action. I also found a bunch of J-dramas and films there (BL, etc) and the subtitles look pretty good so far! And I might be wrong, but the site also doesn't seem sketchy like many others (although I have two ad-blockers and virus protection on my laptop.) But to be able to watch films like Close-Knit, that I had only found on Dramac**l, and Kamisama no Ekohiiki, which just came out, this site is shaping up to be helpful for some harder-to-find J-BL's (and other LGBTQ+ representation.)

That said, this site is most definitely for adults only!  Seeing as I am a full-grown adult myself, I had no trouble with the content, but much of it is NSFW and 18+ for sure.

Here are some links:

MyReadingManga: https://myreadingmanga.info/

Link to Old Fashioned Cupcake manga and live action:
https://myreadingmanga.info/search/?search=old+fashioned+cupcake

Anime and Live-Action: https://myreadingmanga.info/video-movie/

Raining Sunshine:

I gonna read it too. I think it is best J-BL drama to me. 

I'll be interested to hear what you think of the manga versus the drama. Like I said before, I'm liking the drama more than I liked the manga, for a few reasons. (If you'd like, I can list those reasons in another comment, under a spoiler tag...)

Popcxqueen:
Here are some links:

Thank you :D

Plushpriestess:

I have a weakness for Korean and Chinese Dramas if i run out of BL.

I'm "only " XD 40 :D

Plushpriestess:

I'm 40 and i feel your pain about running out of shows. I only started watching BL last year and i have already watched 172 with 10 in progress. Feel like i have run out of all the good shows that have already finished airing. 

Raining Sunshine:

I kept the show in 1.25 speed literally. And something went bad from ep.9 like story or direction. 

I'm in love with Green Thai Curry and search for it everywhere nearby my place due to the show. 

It's sad because it could have been a really good drama if it had been done right.

It made me really want to try Pad Thai... but the peanuts ;;

Popcxqueen:

I'll be interested to hear what you think of the manga versus the drama. Like I said before, I'm liking the drama more than I liked the manga, for a few reasons. (If you'd like, I can list those reasons in another comment, under a spoiler tag...)

I have started with  it, Thank you so much for the link (virtual huggies). 

Would love to talk or hear opinions about my favorite drama. 

Live action casting is visual feast like they want us  keep the drama in repeat mode. Ep.4 was so good that I have to stop video, go back repeat from first so that it won't   end soon. 

hoshthegoat:

It's sad because it could have been a really good drama if it had been done right.

It made me really want to try Pad Thai... but the peanuts ;;

Yes, I used to watch it with so much excitement like waiting every week for next episode to air as I love food dramas a lot. But things took turn drastically that I thought to drop but later finished all episodes just to see what exactly happened.

So you don't like peanuts