Monique Thompson:

Are you watching Between Us? I’m really enjoying this and it only has a few episodes to go.

No, I haven't started it yet so I'll take a look, thanks^^

Plushpriestess:
8) Last but most important to me I learned how to LOVE.

Honestly I started the topic thread with lighthearted appreciation for Asian Dramas in general but honestly some of your responses were so touching and especially yours Plush made me tear up.

We don't usually share any personal details but I'm Indo-Canadian so growing up we always had south east asian drama playing around the house and we also watched a lot of adapted Asian dramas. I remember falling in love with a Japanese period series named Oshin dubbed in Bengali in the 90s when I was only 5 and used to ask my mom to do my hair like the main character. I also learned common Japanese phrases and learnt to use chopsticks by the time I was 7.  Over the years my love and respect for various cultures, cuisine, music and travelling only grew that can be contributed to the impact that show had on me at a very early age. 

Not to mention wholeheartedly agree with you on love and kissing. Watching  all these different perspectives on love and intimacy has definitely changed my standards compared to what they were. The ideals of love looks very different in North American shows and watching some of the reality shows these days makes me cringe way more than likes of  Unforgotten Night or Secret Crush ever would. I also appreciate love in it's various forms more rather than the ideal standard norms now.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences. Regardless of where you come from, your age or cultural background, I love the impact watching these shows had on us.  There are so much on social media these days that are targeted to be controversial and divisive,  it does my heart proud that we as a community choose to focus on the positive and learn and appreciate more rather than solely focusing on the entertainment factor. 

here for boys love:

Vote for your favourite 2022 BL here:  https://mydramalist.com/list/4YWGwydL 

Thanks for sharing and gosh the sheer number of BL releases we had in 2022 is pretty overwhelming huh?!  I had a hard time voting - especially since haven't watched a lot of gems like Triage, My only 12%, Vice Versa yet.  Will update the list as I watch more.

I don't know if the maker are paying attention to MDL but I do see a lot of YT video reviews and recommendation videos quote MDL for their source materials so please vote for your favourites as I think our contribution matters :)

Cupcake:

Is anyone watching Cutie Pie 2 You? Cutie Pie was my first BL ever, so I liked it while it was airing, but on reflection, the ending left something to be desired. I don't hate it, but I wouldn't rewatch. For me, the second season has started off ok. I love NuerSyn the most (I didn't get enough of them in S1) and I enjoyed them in this season. LianKuea are doing ok, I know NuNew has won awards, but for me his acting isn't my favourite. MaxNat are also ok, I skip some of their scenes because they aren't all that interesting and we're going to be seeing them in Naughty Babe. Overall, I mostly like it. What are your thoughts?

WHOA - CP S2, E1 was unexpected for me. My ultimate and only rabid shipped couple ZeeNuNew were surprisingly meh on this episode - their highlight still being the "meow" scene for me. But I still adore them and hoping to see better dialogues (looking at you, writers!) and more  OOOMPH from those two.

Surprise was MaxNat - Max especially  - boy somehow had a glow up and exuding main character energy, the bigD Zaddy vibe (sorry for the cringy description but I said what I said LOL).  I want to see them more this season!  

Overall, I think it's a bit too early to tell if I like S2  or not but it will definitely tell us if we REALLY did like CP as much or it all the hot chemistry of the MLs. 

Monique Thompson:

Are you watching Between Us? I’m really enjoying this and it only has a few episodes to go.

Avidly watching and FINALLY some progress in Ep 9! I really loved this one. How adorable are Team's parents man! I just want to put all three of them in my pockets.  Won't spoil anything since aired so recently but it felt like the show finally turned around after last 3 episodes that felt like lather, rinse, repeat. 

SORRY for spamming but I'm catching up after a while. Anyone watching LITA UNCUT on Viki?  
If you are, dare I ask what the uncut version has - because man it's not like they left a lot to imagination in the cut version.
I don't have Viki account (already have 5 monthly subscriptions! *face palm*)  but will consider it if it's worth it. 

I have seen both versions and basically the uncut has what your imagination created but was not seen. LOL and it just expands those cut scenes more 

ALSO, THERE IS GOING TO BE A "MY BEAUTIFUL MAN: ETERNAL"  MOVIE IN APRIL?!!?!?!!?! https://twitter.com/lollipoplegend_/status/1612942814949826560?t=f54uU_3cQNqGlh-sZVs-Ow 

jenn:

ALSO, THERE IS GOING TO BE A "MY BEAUTIFUL MAN: ETERNAL"  MOVIE IN APRIL?!!?!?!!?! https://twitter.com/lollipoplegend_/status/1612942814949826560?t=f54uU_3cQNqGlh-sZVs-Ow 

WHAT WHAT WHAT!?! *hops around like a crazy woman*  OMGOSH!  I'm going to explode!

Neith03:

SORRY for spamming but I'm catching up after a while. Anyone watching LITA UNCUT on Viki?  
If you are, dare I ask what the uncut version has - because man it's not like they left a lot to imagination in the cut version.
I don't have Viki account (already have 5 monthly subscriptions! *face palm*)  but will consider it if it's worth it. 

I watched the Uncut version, because that was what was on iQIYI when it first came out. I’ve never seen the “cut” version (although I’m sure by now is a YouTube edit showing the changes out there lol). But I heard things like the bathroom stall scene got edited (it was like 30 seconds instead of 3 minutes) and I’m sure all the other NC scenes did as well. 

Plushpriestess:

WHAT WHAT WHAT!?! *hops around like a crazy woman*  OMGOSH!  I'm going to explode!

i am sooo excited tooo! I hope for an international release 

i'd like to join ~ and wondering why brightwin badges are missing? i'll make one

jenn:

I have seen both versions and basically the uncut has what your imagination created but was not seen. LOL and it just expands those cut scenes more 

Oh dang so I definitely need to catch up to that! 

jenn:

WHOAAAA  this year keeps getting better and better. We get to see them domestic! *swoons*

Thanks for sharing this - made my day!

I love this thread so muchhh 

Is anyone watching the director who buys me dinner?