axdxex:
Change2561

I want a bad ass cop / detective show for PoohPavel but why does this look like an office romance it's okay I'll take it because it's PoohPavel and I have fallen
Anythign PingNut. Anything.

ABOUT CHANGE I AM HOPING FOR A SERIES WITH ANY PITBABE COUPLE TBH

ALS OIF THEY GIVE US A COUPLE WITH A 3RD PERSON (UNREQUITED LOVE) WOULD BE NICE

MAYBE WITH SAINUTPON   OR   TOPTEN MICHAEL AND POP

I MEAN THESE GHOST SHIPS ARE GHOST SHIPPING 

axdxex:
GMMTV

I'm on the ForceBook agenda where one of them plays a single father idk why ok-- it probably won't happen but whatever
rumors/speculation about a FirstKhao mafia drama directed by Jojo are circling and it sounds like a dream (idk if it'll happen but I do think FK are working w/Jojo again)
Just give me JoongDunk with a good plot (is darker too much to ask for?)
I'm expecting another ensemble BL because GMMTV has too many artist to give jobs to
I'm also expecting recasting for secondary rolls in The Vampire Project with BounPrem (now that GMMTV is producing), my candidates for the role that Boss was casted for are Thor, Pepper, Great, or Inn.

GMMTV

I TOO HAVE HIGH EXPECTATIONS I MEAN OFC FORCE BOOK AND JOONG DUNK DESEVER MORE AND BETTER BUT LOOKS LIKE WE MAY GET OHMMARK REAL SSOOON

Chun Mo Rionnag:

Yes, I asked earlier in this thread on page 709 (the day of its release) if anyone else was watching it, but got no response.

I thought someone may have...but I'm too lazy to dig around, sorry! But I'm watching too. :-)

Chun Mo Rionnag:
I asked earlier in this thread on page 709 (the day of its release) if anyone else was watching it,

I did actually take a quick look at it at the time. It didn't immediately grab me, but I do appreciate your tips.

American Fan:

I thought someone may have...but I'm too lazy to dig around, sorry! But I'm watching too. :-)

Actually, I'm going to stop watching the instalments, wait until it's finished and then pay to watch the full version.

Chun Mo Rionnag:

Actually, I'm going to stop watching the instalments, wait until it's finished and then pay to watch the full version.

Do you know how many parts there are? 

American Fan:
Do you know how many parts there are?

I don't. 

axdxex:
April BL Drama Challenge

Day 18 - BL Drama That Was  Major Let Down

My Tooth Your Love.

I had the same complaints as you did.

axdxex:
April BL Drama Challenge

Day 18 - BL Drama That Was  Major Let Down

My Tooth Your Love. Am I going to be controversial for this one?

Hmm, I don't really disagree with anything you say. But ...

Yes, I also thought they tried to push in too much story (and backstory) without fully developing everything, although I think it was still a good attempt at understanding the psychology of the two leads. And yes, the two side couples were inadequately developed  - especially Alex and RJ. (I really liked RJ, not not only because he's super cute but also because he's a really interesting character - but Alex, gah, why did he keep throwing in random English?  Do Taiwanese people really talk this way?) I also felt that some aspects of the story felt rather forced, especially the dental theme and the strange equestrian thing near the end.

And yet, although I wasn't so keen on the series at the start, I actually really enjoyed it - and although the main love story wasn't the best, I thought it was alright. I was probably too generous in my rating, but I prefer to focus more on the good and what I liked, and in the end, I thought it was a pretty good story with pretty good characters and character development, generally good production quality, a unique style  - and finally, I liked the way everything came together nicely in the final episode.

So there. *stick-out-tongue emoji*

April BL Drama Challenge

DAY 19 - BL Drama Better Than Expected

The Wedding Plan, which I dropped after the first episode, but went back to much later and unexpectedly loved it so much I gave a 9/10. 

I do like a story when one of the MLs falls early and quietly starts to pursue the other ML. And what a combo, with the typical handsome but unemotional CEO type and then there's Nuea, a smart, sassy and very funny personality. I'm glad I decided to pick it back up.

If you haven't seen it yet and want a light, entertaining series with lots of laughs, this might be for you.

American Fan:

The Wedding Plan, which I dropped after the first episode, but went back to much later and unexpectedly loved it

I also loved "Wedding Plan", but my expectations weren't particularly low, so I can't really say that it was so much "better than expected".

I'm actually struggling with this question a bit and trying to think of specifically when my expectations are low, and I can think of three reasons: (1) bad reviews or MDL ratings (for stuff already out there, i.e. not applicable for new releases), (2) a BL from a start-up studio or with first-time actors or from a struggling country (e.g. Cambodia or Myanmar), and (3) like you, when the first episode makes a really bad impression on me, but I continue watching and start to like the series more and more, either because it gets better or (quite often) because I start to recalibrate myself to the series, so that when I go back and rewatch the first episode, I see it differently.

As an example of the very last variation (recalibration), there's a current series that comes to mind: "1000  Years Old".  When I watched the newly released first episode, there were no MDL ratings, so I didn't know what to expect, but I'm not really a vampire person, and it's from a start-up low-budget studio, so my expectations were low. And indeed, I first thought it was pretty stupid and shlocky - but I continued watching, and by Episode 3 or 4, I started to really love it, mainly because I recalibrated myself to watch it as a cute, goofy comedy-spoof and not to try to take it seriously. Probably many or most others (if anyone is watching it?) will still think it's stupid and shlocky, but not me. Now I love it. (Please do not throw any rotting fruit at me!) So what the heck, this is my pick for today's challenge. 

American Fan:
April BL Drama Challenge

The Wedding Plan,

I didn't love it, but I thought it was enjoyable. I found it cute that Lom was such a simp for Nuea, but also a bit frustrating that he couldn't properly explain his situation with Yiwa. And I did like the Special Episode.

April BL Drama Challenge

Day 19 - BL Drama That Was  Better Than You Expected

Unforgotten Night. I started this drama with low expectations from reading reviews, and then I witness these shortcomings myself in the first few episodes. I think all the complaints about this show are valid:  it is low budget, the BDSM aspect of the plot was always an afterthought (I thought it was an important factor because of Kamol's whole stich about people not being able to handle his kinks and then he proceeded to be vanilla for 90% of the show), Kamol was way to nice for a mafia boss.

Despite all this-- I enjoyed this show. I would even recommend this show. I'm not 100% sure on why-- but maybe it's because it's wattpad sugary fantasy coded and I'm programed to eat that up. It's cheesy but it's  entertaining. 

Still rated this a 7/10 though because I try to rate objectively. All its points come from its entertainment value.

April BL Drama Challenge: DAY 19 - BL Drama Better Than Expected

Sing My Crush  I watched this almost as soon as it was released, so there were hardly any reviews. I really didn't know what to expect so my expectations were pretty low. I ended up loving it. BaRam and HanTae were great together and I enjoy my best friends to lovers trope. 

p43425:
So there. *stick-out-tongue emoji*

LMAO I knew someone would like this show-- it's rated super high and the comments on MyDramalist are generally good. Goes to show, "Different strokes for different folks."