p43425:

I love it when BL Watcher gives a really brutally honest review - in this case,"Bump Up Business": "However, the series collapses into unwatchable nonsense in its second half ... the last few episodes are dire ..." (I've not yet attempted to watch it myself, but after reading this, I would need some convincing! Chun Mo, I haven't forgotten your very negative comments on it a few days ago.)

I posted this back in October, and finally now I've gotten around to watching this series.

The nice thing about having one's expectations set so low is that they can only be exceeded. I wanted two hours of BL fluff with K-POP cuties, and that's what I got. I have no regrets about watching it. 

Yeah, the story - flimsy to begin with - really fell apart in the last few episodes. Yeah, it's not steamy or snoggy, but then again I'm not a very snoggy person; I'm totally fine with a nice love story that ends with an affectionate peck on the cheek. And I have to give credit to Nine and Mill (of OnlyOneOf): For such inexperienced actors, they were quite good. 

American Fan:
Fake Buddies from RiqueXinw's update.  A cute & quick watch! 

As you say, a cute & quick watch (although I have to confess that I fast-forwarded through Ep. 2, which is the GL one).  I assume it ends with the newly posted Ep. 3. For those looking, it doesn't (yet) seem to be posted on MDL.

+++

Thanks also to Rique, Axdxes and American Fan for the above comments on "Venus in the Sky", which had been buried in my "maybe" pile but is herewith moved into my PTW queue.

p43425:
The nice thing about having one's expectations set so low is that they can only be exceeded. I wanted two hours of BL fluff with K-POP cuties, and that's what I got. I have no regrets about watching it. 

RE: Bump Up Business - I had the same viewing experience! It wasn't nearly as bad as "popular opinion", but not one of the better BL's either.  I partly watched it cuz the cast is in a K-pop group that I have a passing interest in. I felt bad for the low rating so I gave it a 7.5, which I never do. I stick with whole numbers, haha. I like to keep it simple. 

Not My Bro

Has this new BL title been mentioned here? YT had this on my page and I didn't have it on my list so thought I'd post it just in case. i might have missed it. Looks more comedy which I'm all for! 

Just got done watching We Are's newest episode and omg my babies TanFang are seriously the cutest!! <3 

American Fan:
RE: Bump Up Business - I had the same viewing experience!

You make me feel so validated. Thank you! :-))

Thanks also for the nudge on "Not My Bro". It was already priority "High" on my PTW list, although I have zero recollection of this title or how it got there. (If in doubt, let's assume it was via Rique.) Looks super cute 'n fluffy, so I hope it comes out soon!

p43425:
I'm totally fine with a nice love story that ends with an affectionate peck on the cheek.

Is this how it ended? Please tell me because your answer decides the fate of it on my PTW.

RiqueXinw:
Is this how it ended?

(re "Bump Up Business") Not literally, but if you're looking for tongue-slurpin' snog action and steamy shower scenes, this is not your series.

PaiSkyForever:

Just got done watching We Are's newest episode and omg my babies TanFang are seriously the cutest!! <3 

omg omg omg

at this point I'm glad this show is this long because we're getting the chance to flesh out all out characters

and TanFang's love story is legendary omg I can't believe Fang punched Tan lmao

a few weeks back I wasn't sure about these two as a couple, but last ep and this one made me love them so much

axdxex:

omg omg omg

at this point I'm glad this show is this long because we're getting the chance to flesh out all out characters

and TanFang's love story is legendary omg I can't believe Fang punched Tan lmao

a few weeks back I wasn't sure about these two as a couple, but last ep and this one made me love them so much

Lmao ikr That punch was shocking  XD

WE ARE (WEDNESDAY) EP9

Once again I'm here to say, I love this episode. I love this show. I've actually been re-watching the last episodes of this show and Wandee all week

Peem and Phum are my babies. I love them so much. This episode we see Phum struggle with moving forward on his pursuit of Peem, and the guilt regarding the deal going on between them, that no longer fits their current relationship. Although he hasn't been acting on it, it still makes him feel guilty. To add to it, the man is freaking jealous, and I can't blame him because Kluen came in aggressively and with nothing holding him back. Plus, Phum is not yet sure how Peem feels about him, because nothing has been explicitly said. That last part was adorable with Peem trying to comfort Phum and the cuddling *dead*

There was not much of Q and Toey this week, but it seems like next week the show will center around them, so I'm excited for that!

Tan and Fang I have already talked about, but omg I'm so into them now. The way the friend group got together to listen to their love story was so cute. I also think it got Q's and Peem's wheels turning ;)

We Are: Episode 9

CHEMISTRY DAMN IT. Phum and Peem took the show for me today. I love them. 

It seems like Phum's friend Bear likes Kluen. Bear is also a very good friend.

I am looking forward to the next episode.

p43425:
(re "Bump Up Business") Not literally, but if you're looking for tongue-slurpin' snog action and steamy shower scenes, this is not your series.

As long as there is an actual kiss on the mouth, I am good with that. The thing is I have watched my good share of air and cheek and no kiss series in the past when the BL pool was small so now I find it hard to go back lol so now my policy is that if there is not at least a smack on the mouth I am not watching well that is if I binge because if I watch while airing there is no way of knowing. 

RiqueXinw:
As long as there is an actual kiss on the mouth, I am good with that.

Check - although some might call it Korean-style dead fish kiss (which I personally am fine with).

p43425:
some might call it Korean-style dead fish kiss

I am rolling lol murdaaaa hahahahahaha