chi-ha-nzhillazz:
Ride or Die

I wanted to watch this, but put it away, because I wanted to watch something sweet and it also had low rating. Maybe I will give it 2nd chance now, because now I have mood for japan shows. :)

nightingale:
what good GL is supposed to be like

Good GL is same as good comedy / horror / thriller... what is good is different for each person. I don't say, that Transit Girls or Citrus is my top GL drama, but it was good and absolutely not disgusting... unless you mean, that all same sex relationships are disgusting (they are not).If in some culture co-parents-in-law can marry each other then there is no reason for non-blood related step-siblings to be denied of marriage too. If those adult kids marry first and their co-parents-in-law later, it is OK. So, why would it be wrong if step-siblings would want to marry 2nd? Result is the same.

But humans live in different cultures and religions and so I understand, that their opinions are different. But please don't call something as disgusting when you even didn't see it. Mdl tags can be very misleading.

nightingale:
I wonder now, should we give everything tagged as LGBT a chance just in case it's good? There's an argument to be made that we can't know for sure we'll like a series until we try it and the dropped list is right there... but I don't want to overuse it either.

Nothing is mandatory here. No one has to watch everything that is good. People can do what they want. Some people don't use lists at all, others drop a lot, another group has no drop policy, etc. Yes, you can't know whether you will like something until you try it, but that also doesn't mean, that you have to try everything. In many cases I don't like shows with high mdl rating, but I like those with rating 7 - 8. But there surely can be some shows 9+, which I would like. But what happens if I miss it? Nothing. :)

kardasx:

I wanted to watch this, but put it away, because I wanted to watch something sweet and it also had low rating. Maybe I will give it 2nd chance now, because now I have mood for japan shows. :)

And then there's me who found them sweet ;) it is very loud, very risque, and left me as a ball of jumbled emotions. I understand why most people wouldn't like it though. I'm watching another one right now, Wrath of Desire but I made the mistake of watching it in 2 parts and the next day it was taken off the web I was watching from, and I don't have gaga anymore so (˚ ˃̣̣̥⌓˂̣̣̥ ) but the director herself is a lesbian who has many other movies so I'm onto them right now

chi-ha-nzhillazz:
And then there's me who found them sweet ;)

I meant sweet as something like Sakura Trick (anime) (no drama, cute moments, with happy ending). My problem is, that I many times check the ending first to see whether it is happy or not. When I was deciding to watch it, I wanted something sweet and not dark. So in the end I rather rewatched Sakura Trick. But now I have mood for something darker, so I will give it a try. :)

By the way, Wrath of Desire can be found on youtube, but without subs. You would have to find them elsewhere and sync with that YT video.

kardasx:

I meant sweet as something like Sakura Trick (anime) (no drama, cute moments, with happy ending). My problem is, that I many times check the ending first to see whether it is happy or not. When I was deciding to watch it, I wanted something sweet and not dark. So in the end I rather rewatched Sakura Trick. But now I have mood for something darker, so I will give it a try. :)

By the way, Wrath of Desire can be found on youtube, but without subs. You would have to find them elsewhere and sync with that YT video.

That's a plan... I know how to sync subs with downloaded videos–well I don't but my app does ;) but i didn't know it could be done for yt. I saw that video too- the Myanmar lgbt channel. 

Oh I understood what you meant, Ride or Die is in no way sweet in the traditional definition and i get you since I'm totally a mood watcher too. I'd give you ending spoilers if you need them for this movie 

chi-ha-nzhillazz:
I'd give you ending spoilers if you need them for this movie

No need, I saw the ending already. :) Now I will only need to watch the movie to understand it. 

I would say, that it is double-edge sword. I can't start watching something without knowing the end and when I know the end, it is harder to start, because I already know how it ends. lol. But I have to check it anyway, because I don't want to watch something with tragic ending or GLs where one of female leads ends marrying a man. It is funny how GLs changed my mood (especially GAP). I used to watch many romances, but didn't like love triangles with SML. Now I had to put most of them on hold, because I would rather ship FL with SFL then ML. :)

kardasx:

No need, I saw the ending already. :) Now I will only need to watch the movie to understand it. 

I would say, that it is double-edge sword. I can't start watching something without knowing the end and when I know the end, it is harder to start, because I already know how it ends. lol. But I have to check it anyway, because I don't want to watch something with tragic ending or GLs where one of female leads ends marrying a man. It is funny how GLs changed my mood (especially GAP). I used to watch many romances, but didn't like love triangles with SML. Now I had to put most of them on hold, because I would rather ship FL with SFL then ML. :)

This one should work well for you though, it took me two watches to completely get into the story. If you keep the ending in mind while watching, it'll help you understand even more, do tell us how it went once you watch it

Shipping fl with sfl, ml with sml—it's a disease I had before discovering these blessed gay shows. Istg the day i first saw love by chance was one of those "turning points" in my life ;) 

chi-ha-nzhillazz:
Shipping fl with sfl, ml with sml—it's a disease I had before discovering these blessed gay shows.

I don't do that all the time. Only when ML is a jerk... so I think why FL stays with him, when she could be happy with SFL :) If ML is nice, then it is okay. But now I rather prefer shows completely without MLs (female centered plots or GL,) or something not focused on romance... like Hatsumori Bemars - which is about friendships and sports (but also female centered).

Well that was weird.

Mio:

Well that was weird.

Catching up on the activity Mio?