The time has come! The moment several of y'all said y'all were waiting for!

HEADCANONS/SHIPS

Go elect and vote here: https://mydramalist.com/list/1xrxZbb3

And don't forget to vote on previous polls (linked on the front page of the club).

hello everyone! i havent watched a asian gl yet bc im new to the fandom but i really want to! i cant wait for 23.5 to come out omg

a second poster for Love in the Rain was just released!! look how pretty they look side by side!!

SKIU the series twitter account is always posting updates, if anyone is interested https://twitter.com/SKIUTheSeries but i will also update here whenever i can!

sweetsatang:

hello everyone! i havent watched a asian gl yet bc im new to the fandom but i really want to! i cant wait for 23.5 to come out omg

welcome, you arrived at just the right time! There so many great GLs being released, i will give you some recs, if you don't mind.

for longer series, we have GAP (already completed, fully available for free on youtube) and Show me Love (currently airing, only the first episode is available for free on youtube). they are the first ever full length thai GL dramas, definitely worth a try. the leads for both shows have AMAZING chemistry!

for shorter series, i recommend She Makes My Heart Flutter and Girlfriend Project Day 1. both very short and sweet korean dramas fully available on youtube.

and there are many upcoming shows to look forward to! besides 23.5 (which i'm also extremely excited for), i'm highly anticipating Be Mine the Series, Love in the Rain and The Last Case. you can check out my Upcoming GL List too, if you're interested. i'm constantly updating it with new information for each project.

tysm for the suggestions!

Mermy! I can't quote you but thanks for giving the greenlight to use mermy :) would love to know your name too! And such pretty posters,,

I read your comment on 23.5 and i have to agree. I know for a fact -and this is really sad- that our first gmmtv go, and it's going to be taken over by Gemini and fourth. I had such a laugh when gemfourth fans were attacking Earth for that one line in moonlight chicken. If this fanbase can't even separate actors and characters, he much hope do we have.

I however fully intend to enjoy my milk and love and Gemini and fourth, because yes, i love all of them as actors. I've found that they've all delivered well in their roles before. And you're right, people who don't dip their feet into lgbt, miss out on something

AthenaTheStorierX:

The time has come! The moment several of y'all said y'all were waiting for!

HEADCANONS/SHIPS

Go elect and vote here: https://mydramalist.com/list/1xrxZbb3

And don't forget to vote on previous polls (linked on the front page of the club).

Omg I've listed Dear Missy as my #1 on there. I lost my mind over that show because it screamed gay while the girls were getting boyfriends and shit. Had to drop it eventually bc it made my heart bleed. If anyone decides to watch an episode (first four should be free on yt) let me know if it's just me or did y'all feel the connection too k?

chi-ha-nzhillazz:

Mermy! I can't quote you but thanks for giving the greenlight to use mermy :) would love to know your name too! And such pretty posters,,

I read your comment on 23.5 and i have to agree. I know for a fact -and this is really sad- that our first gmmtv go, and it's going to be taken over by Gemini and fourth. I had such a laugh when gemfourth fans were attacking Earth for that one line in moonlight chicken. If this fanbase can't even separate actors and characters, he much hope do we have.

I however fully intend to enjoy my milk and love and Gemini and fourth, because yes, i love all of them as actors. I've found that they've all delivered well in their roles before. And you're right, people who don't dip their feet into lgbt, miss out on something

my real name is luiza, but i dont use it much online. so feel free to call me any way you prefer haha

and yes, i plan to enjoy the hell out 23.5 regardless of the fanbases. MilkLove are my favorites, but i highly enjoyed GemFourth in MSP and even more in Moonlight Chicken (which i'm coincidently currently watching and it became one my favorite shows). im sure all 4 of them will be incredible and the show will be a huge success. and hopefully, in the future, there will be a larger variety of GL shows with both f/f and m/m side couples so people can pick which they like best (and i will be watching them all)

AthenaTheStorierX:

In that case, I also recommend Napat

I have conflicted feelings about Warp Effect (here's my review), I feel like the writers didn't handle things with as much sensitivity as they should've had. It was very hard to rate. But yep! A major nonbinary character, a reoccurring trans character (that deviates from typical thai stereotype archetype), and a major gay character who is a side (kind of the opposite of a vers)(NOT an ace character, despite what some commenters are trying to claim).

i see. will definitely watch it a critical eye and then return to read the spoilerly section of your review! hopefully, even with the imperfections, it opens up the possibility for such topics to be adressed more frequently in future dramas. i specially would like to see more trans rep in prominent roles.

milk love and gemfourth have to be two of my fav ships ever !! them in the same show is just omg. im also so excited to have a gmmtv gl, hopefully they make more

chi-ha-nzhillazz:
I myself don't mind side couples, but i like my dramas to be clean bl, clean gl or het

I like muliple couples and I don't mind side BL couple in GL or het show. But I would prefer to have pure GL shows. I was a bit disappointed, that 23.5 is not pure GL, but when it is done right, it can be okay. I don't watch shows focused on BL romance, so I don't know about those BL actors, but maybe I will like them too as I liked Sam and Wu Gang in We Are Gamily. If main focus is on GL romance and there are no males, who have even crush on main GL couple, it is okay. :) In GAP I didn't like it, when Nop wanted to be more than a friend and I also didn't like Kirk.

AthenaTheStorierX:
I've just always been on the look out for romance stories in general that weren't heavily sexualized. Queer stories especially, because I just always connected with them on a different level than het romances due to the obstacles and treatment they have to overcome.

Sweet romance stories and not sexualized are my favourite. Pure BL shows are not my cup of tea, but I like other queer stuff. It widens my view of the world. So except GL I like to watch also stories about IS (intersex): IS - Otoko Demo Onna Demo Nai Sei was good or shows like Koisenu Futari (aroace).

sweetsatang:

Hey hey hello! I'm glad you could join us!

We have some voting lists and rec lists on the front page of the club if you wanna check those out.

Or you could tell us maybe what you are looking for or what dramas you've liked outside of GL and we can get you hooked up with some good stories :D

Mermy is spot on with the recs she gave out though, you can't go wrong there!

mermysteries:
you can check out my Upcoming GL List too, if you're interested. i'm constantly updating it with new information for each project.

I linked this on the front page, i hope that's okay?

Lol, I love how the comment section for Wedding Plan is so full of GL Enthusiasts right now!
https://mydramalist.com/747971-wedding-plan

They're not mains, but there's also a GL couple in the Boy Next World novel, and since it's in ML's friend group they should be in the drama as well *fingers crossed*
https://mydramalist.com/747973-the-boy-next-world
^ Disclaimer: The main couple in this one is awful. Their story basically romanticizes stalking.

AthenaTheStorierX:

I linked this on the front page, i hope that's okay?

oh sure!! thank you