Sorry Y'all. Went down a GL rabbit hole to find actress names, so I've been spamming.

We have another Thai GL coming out - from H'our Channel (You Are the Cream in my Coffee)
For more from the channel, check out my master list here: https://mydramalist.com/list/1XzxnK93

The title in question:

Lemon vs Melon

Sounds like it's gonna be a cohabitation romance. Possibly even enemies-to-lovers (or at least off-on-the-wrong-foot).

kardasx:

Mmm... then I should complete it too. The movie is too long and so I stopped somewhere in the middle and rather watched some cdrama with 36x45 minutes episodes. lol.

This is a blasphemy! The lesbian gods will never forgive you!

sweetsatang:

lesbians on the run? that sounds intresting! also no i havent watched the handmaiden but ive seen a few people suggest it so ill get to it once i finish watching all the shows that are gonna be on our skyy 2 

Yes it is, a lil smth, don't go be reviews on mdl. If you do watch it, regardless of whether you like or don't in the first go, I strongly recommend reading the top 4 star of 5 star reviews on letterboxd. People on mdl really don't take movies seriously lol (but it's the truth) and there are great insights on letterboxd

AthenaTheStorierX:

Aww look! H'our noticed the MDL page for "You Are the Cream in my Coffee": https://twitter.com/hourchannelll/status/1638343914183888896

*Edit: How did I just notice? They literally told people to go rate them on MDL in the description of the videos:
"เข้าไปให้คะแนนและรีวิวหนัง ในเวป Mydramalist กันได้น้า
Let's go rate and comment this movie at Mydramalist."

Yo! There's like a mini-verse going on!
https://twitter.com/hourchannelll/status/1628589949821030406
https://twitter.com/ChildofGhibli/status/1628086879051558915

This is the kind of thing i was talking abt under Shiro's review. This is why I find it hard to rate small productions low, because they actually visit sites like mdl and i do feel they need all the support they can get . I think I'll use that list of yours and watch everything they've made till now :)

chi-ha-nzhillazz:
This is a blasphemy! The lesbian gods will never forgive you!

Mmm... I just have it like that with everything. What is longer than 1 hour is too long and I rather watch several shorter episodes, which are in total much longer. :) But there is another reason why I stopped. The scene in 0:39:45 (when lady Hideko is kissing that man) - that drove me away. Because when watching GL, I don't like any romantic scenes of FLs with men. And there are many males in this movie. Maybe I will skip all those scenes with males, because I want to finish it. It was few weeks ago when I stopped watching it and meanwhile I watched other GLs, so I hope that god will forgive me. :) And then I watched some cdramas, because of Esher Yu. Btw, did anyone see cdrama Youth? I saw a scene, where Esther Yu was kissed by a girl... and so I also started watching it. It is not GL, but I want to see more about it. :)

kardasx:

Mmm... I just have it like that with everything. What is longer than 1 hour is too long and I rather watch several shorter episodes, which are in total much longer. :) But there is another reason why I stopped. The scene in 0:39:45 (when lady Hideko is kissing that man) - that drove me away. Because when watching GL, I don't like any romantic scenes of FLs with men. And there are many males in this movie. Maybe I will skip all those scenes with males, because I want to finish it. It was few weeks ago when I stopped watching it and meanwhile I watched other GLs, so I hope that god will forgive me. :) And then I watched some cdramas, because of Esher Yu. Btw, did anyone see cdrama Youth? I saw a scene, where Esther Yu was kissed by a girl... and so I also started watching it. It is not GL, but I want to see more about it. :)

Oh my. No no no. You cannot stop because of that because this is the lesbian vs man movie hahaha (if that was a thing). I get you because I myself don't like the idea of people kissing out of their sexual orientation but trust the millions of lesbians and sapphics who hail this as the the lesbian movie

Same for Ride of Die. There were two scenes of sex with men, and it requires the viewer to really want to understand the movie to get why the movie is made the way it is instead of simply attributing it to a male director using his heterosexual mindset. The Handmaiden is less cryptic though. a minor spoiler, plot spoilery but shouldn't ruin the movie for you but since you're worried about the men... all the men you're worried about will DIE hahaha.

chi-ha-nzhillazz:
Oh my. No no no. You cannot stop because of that because this is the lesbian vs man movie hahaha (if that was a thing). I get you because I myself don't like the idea of people kissing out of their sexual orientation but trust the millions of lesbians and sapphics who hail this as the the lesbian movie

I didn't completely stop... just put it on hold until I have mood for it again. Now I rather want to watch some jdramas and so I started that Mistress drama to see how much it is lesbian romance. :) 

I think, that I don't mind that much kissing out of orientation (they can be also bi) if it is not forced, but I don't like love triangles. But it depends on show and my mood. Somewhere I mind it more, somewhere less. :) 

Yes, I trust them... I saw some parts already, even ending. But since I more like sweet and fluffy romances, I will watch some parts in fast motion.

I was curious if the chinese term cut-sleeve applied to gay women/lesbians as well as gay men (I didn't come up with a definitive/explicit answer by the way - so if any of y'all know, please tell me), and found this  interesting: https://hunxi-guilai.tumblr.com/post/619410842289569793/i-know-the-term-cutsleeve-means-a-gay-man-from

Also, maybe I'm too "innocent minded" but i definitely would've thought that the mirror term would've been a reference to kind of looking in the mirror and seeing someone like yourself.

SKIU has announced another project: https://twitter.com/SKIUTheSeries/status/1646993471243444224

I'm starting to get a little worried that they're going in too hot too fast...

kdoramalama:

Lemon vs Melon teaser:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJiOqJ_NtIU

that looks cute!! h'our channel is really doing god's work

kardasx:

I didn't completely stop... just put it on hold until I have mood for it again. Now I rather want to watch some jdramas and so I started that Mistress drama to see how much it is lesbian romance. :) 

I think, that I don't mind that much kissing out of orientation (they can be also bi) if it is not forced, but I don't like love triangles. But it depends on show and my mood. Somewhere I mind it more, somewhere less. :) 

Yes, I trust them... I saw some parts already, even ending. But since I more like sweet and fluffy romances, I will watch some parts in fast motion.

i actually totally understand! its quite difficult for me to watch movies, but watching shows is way easier since theyre split into episodes. and historical/thrillers are usually not my thing, handmaiden is an exception! check it out when youre in the mood

AthenaTheStorierX:

SKIU has announced another project: https://twitter.com/SKIUTheSeries/status/1646993471243444224

I'm starting to get a little worried that they're going in too hot too fast...

they had hinted at it before, as well as well as bl series in the same universe. i agree that its heavily ambitious... i really hope everything goes well, theres so much potential!!

mermysteries:
they had hinted at it before, as well as well as bl series in the same universe. i agree that its heavily ambitious... i really hope everything goes well

Yea, I was reading into that on the author's socials. EIGHT BLs.   O.O
This is so so ambitious. I really hope it goes well (i love expansive storyworlds made up of multiple stories), but there's so many things that can come up that might interrupt its production. Unless these are all miniseries (which is possible), I kinda wonder if the safer option would've been a conditional/tentative contract based on the success of the first 1-2 and where they held off on some of the more audience-facing stuff. Because once you wind up cancelling anticipated/confirmed and casted titles, especially as a small studio, it's hard to come back from it. People stop trusting you.

But they are making the right move by hyping one segment of the universe at a time. Nothing kills hype more than impatience (as a few comment sections on MDL shows) when it comes to Thai LGBTQ+ series (especially BLs). We've been spoiled by fast turnaround times for the past few years.

I also really like that they're hyping the GLs first. It's a risky move, but it also could have a lot of payoff, as it stands out against the competition. There's a boatload of BLs to compete against right now (I'm working through my upcoming lists to  better organize them and start putting in descriptions and there's a TON of thai BLs announced recently that are still showing progress towards being released). 

mermysteries:
its quite difficult for me to watch movies, but watching shows is way easier since theyre split into episodes. and historical/thrillers are usually not my thing, handmaiden is an exception! check it out when youre in the mood

Same. It's a lot easier for me to supplement episodes and short films into my day between tasks, than it is for me to do movies. Likewise for mainstream dramas, which tend to have longer episode lengths. While not the main reason, it is definitely a contributing factor for why my completed list has been overtaken by LGBTQ+ titles in the past 2-3 years (even before getting on MDL). First it was my Master's degree and my master's thesis, now it's job hunting and building up a clientele. I just can't consistently talk myself into watching longer episodes/series and movies without feeling guilty, unless I've gotten further ahead in my to do list than I planned.

lol. Sorry for the personal spiel.

mermysteries:
that looks cute!! h'our channel is really doing god's work

H'our truly is. And they're so sweet.

Last night i was combing through to get the actresses' socials so I can add them, and they're so active in the comment section - even with international fans. I'm so looking forward to how they progress as they continue to grow their viewer base. They've got an atmosphere and performance quality that is really coming to set them apart from most of these Thai GL webseries/short films on YouTube. Not to mention the way they cater and interact with ALL their audiences. They're super sweet.

I think I like this one the best so far. It's so soft and sweet!

https://mydramalist.com/749219-love-in-the-rain
 AthenaTheStorierX:
Yea, I was reading into that on the author's socials. EIGHT BLs.   O.O

WAIT 8??????? i didnt know it was that many what the... i hope they take their time with each one. that got me thinking that mini series are probably the way to go, as much as i wish we got full length dramas.

AthenaTheStorierX:
I also really like that they're hyping the GLs first. It's a risky move, but it also could have a lot of payoff, as it stands out against the competition.

thats what really drew my attention to both SKIU and Be Mine! theyre from new companies investing in a segment where theres no guaranteed success, but they still chose to invest in large GL productions with all female casts. it shows that they really care about representation.

AthenaTheStorierX:
I think I like this one the best so far. It's so soft and sweet!

I WILL EXPLODE FROM ALL THIS CUTENESS. maybe my second favorite, i love the one with the umbrella too much!

AthenaTheStorierX:

H'our truly is. And they're so sweet.

Last night i was combing through to get the actresses' socials so I can add them, and they're so active in the comment section - even with international fans. I'm so looking forward to how they progress as they continue to grow their viewer base. They've got an atmosphere and performance quality that is really coming to set them apart from most of these Thai GL webseries/short films on YouTube. Not to mention the way they cater and interact with ALL their audiences. They're super sweet.

i've only watched you're the cream in my coffee so far, but knowing all that got me even more excited to check out their other shows! so nice and sweet of them.

"Same. It's a lot easier for me to supplement episodes and short films into my day between tasks, than it is for me to do movies."

I couldn't properly quote this section Athena, but I relate so hard!! uni has been kicking my ass, and whenever I try to watch a movie, i feel super guilty for "wasting" time.  I also think my concentration spam was damaged from c*vid... i actually can't remeber the last time I could watch a movie, which is quite sad because theres a ton i want to watch.