For the first time this week, I tried actually sleeping at night and it was as successful as Lee Jun Ki's attempt to win Lee Da Hae over in My Girl. What do you do when you can't sleep?
I listen to music. I'd say it works 99% of the time. But I can't really remember the last time I tried actually sleeping at night.
slow your breathing down
jsolicitorsl wrote: I listen to music. I'd say it works 99% of the time. But I can't really remember the last time I tried actually sleeping at night.

lol you sound worse than me.

@Pex, but im not hyperventilating.
Dojemi10 VIPCommunity Manager
I read a book, but if that doesn't work I'll watch a movie on the net.
I put the TV on mute, just too see the light. It will turn off in 15 minutes. If I can't fall asleep I do the same thing over and over again >.< .
i watch anime or dramas ...
i have various methods:
(and no, you dont have permission to laugh)

1. download the album "Enya-A Day Without Rain" (haha ^_^ no pun intended).
Try to follow the words and before you know it you'll be asleep.
2. Wake up early so you'll be tired in the evening. ^_^
3. Do push-ups, sit-ups etc. straight before going to bed. then lie down and feel your muscles work. ^^ (and maybe doing NR 4.)
4. Look at a white/empty wall. then put the lights out and keep thinking about that wall really hard. Your thoughts will try to wander off. but you have to keep looking at that wall in your mind (and only think about that wall). As soon as you let your thoughts wonder off it wont work.
if you can actually manage it for 5 minutes, you'll be out by then... (well it works for me)
dmrttajmd wrote: i have various methods:

1. download the album "Enya-A Day Without Rain" (haha ^_^ no pun intended).
Try to follow the words and before you know it you'll be asleep.
2. Wake up early so you'll be tired in the evening. ^_^
3. Do push-ups, sit-ups etc. straight before going to bed. then lie down and feel your muscles work. ^^ (and maybe doing NR 4.)
4. Look at a white/empty wall. then put the lights out and keep thinking about that wall really hard. Your thoughts will try to wander off. but you have to keep looking at that wall in your mind (and only think about that wall). As soon as you let your thoughts wonder off it wont work.
if you can actually manage it for 5 minutes, you'll be out by then... (well it works for me)

Oh dear, now I have this image of Skye doing push-ups!!!!
Someone help me out of it!!!!!
lol why would that be shocking:S
Though, whenever I exercise before bed I have a hard time falling asleep.
fireextinquisher wrote: lol why would that be shocking:S
Though, whenever I exercise before bed I have a hard time falling asleep.

I bet if Chimera, Akai or Ashu passed by they would understand why the idea of push-ups is so... shocking to me, LOL.

In any case, NEVER do exercise before going to bed. With phisical exertion, the body releases adrenaline, which is possibly the worst enemy of sleep.
Since I have suffered from insomnia all my life, I found that avoiding the bed can help. Somehow, when in bed the mind is forced to sleep. On the other hand, if you go lie on a couch, for example, maybe with the TV on or a book, you tend to fall asleep without realizing it. :)
dmrttajmd wrote: i have various methods:

But exercise gets your blood pumping faster, which wakes you up. That is why they recommend you do it more than two hours before bed time.

As for me, I read or listen to slow music. I actually have a playlist of ballads I listen to every night I go to sleep. I never make it past the third song on any given night. If I DON'T have my music, I cannot sleep.
oh i read manga or books to0o .. i like to dance than i read a book and go to sleep .. it makes me sleep faster :D ....
....I put down the coffee and tell myself I need to go to coffeeholics anonymous. :-)Actually reading aways helps me fall asleep. It helps me not think about anything else and focuses my brain on one calming activity...my eyes start drooping, then I'm out.
janop wrote: ....I put down the coffee and tell myself I need to go to coffeeholics anonymous. :-)Actually reading aways helps me fall asleep. It helps me not think about anything else and focuses my brain on one calming activity...my eyes start drooping, then I'm out.

LOL after drinking coffee everyday doesn't it stop waking you up?