If I can't sleep I find myself singing "Di di di di! La la la la.." As in: I know that it's weird but works for me. : ) Or I start singing another song.
I usually listen to music or read something. If that doesn't work, I turn to my trusted smelly pillow. Works most of the time :)
I fool around with my ipod for awhile in the dark like watching yt videos and then when it feels like I'm about to fall asleep I turn it off and close my eyes ^.^
well, turn off your lights and make sure your room is really dark. Then start counting from one to infinity. If that doesn't work, imagine you're in some place else and make your own story in your head. If that also doesn't work, listen to calming/ soothing music. If all else fails, you're just not ready to sleep, just go back to DML and or watch a really really boring drama. and i'm sure once you're bored, you'll fall asleep
No sleep problems :p the moment i decide to sleep, i instantly sleep, lucky me :D
I usually listen to music, it works most of the time :)
fykimchii wrote: well, turn off your lights and make sure your room is really dark. Then start counting from one to infinity. If that doesn't work, imagine you're in some place else and make your own story in your head. If that also doesn't work, listen to calming/ soothing music. If all else fails, you're just not ready to sleep, just go back to DML and or watch a really really boring drama. and i'm sure once you're bored, you'll fall asleep

Agreed to the method 'watch a really really boring drama' that definitely make you asleep in less than 5 minutes.. works for me... :p
I want to say take lots of pills and drink a lot of vodka... would that be wrong?
Sometimes I read fanfiction till my eyes droop or my head hits the computer on multiple occasions. Also, I listen to my favorite songs on Youtube. I have insomnia a lot. I also watch the Weather Channel all night.
I used to watch the Home Shopping Network when I couldn't sleep. Keep the volume low, and if you have a flat screen tv be sure to turn the backlight down all the way. For a while I listened to music, either NPR (usually classical music at the time I went to bed) or the soundtrack to Sweet November. I used to have this nature sounds cd of the ocean (be sure to get one without too many birds!) That I used fir a while also. Nowadays I think of a dream I had recently and sort of re-live it, or if none if my recent dreams were very good, I think about what I want to dream about. Sometimes it works and I really do dream about what I was thinking. It really helps you fall asleep faster if you have a ritual - same music, activities, or same bedtime every night. Getting up at the sane time every day helps too. It takes time for your body to get used to a ritual though so you have to hang on for a week or two for the effect to be noticeable.
Me? I daydream. If I get bored and it still doesn't work, I continue on my computer... lol. It's quite convenient when you always have a laptop beside you, before you sleep and after as well.
I always need at least one hour to fall asleep, but after about 3 hours I usually give up and stay awake until the next evening. At least THEN I am able to fall asleep faster. Sometimes I just take my phone and play random games until morning, too. :P
when i cant sleep.....
1. searching for new video for JGS on YouTube.
2. watching the MV for my favorite Drama.
that what work with me because i will be tired after two video and fall in sleep :)
I usually listen to music or watch a movie.
Play iPhone games. Which is such a waste of time and doesn't help me fall asleep at all