It have nothing to do with feedback but ratings. When ratings are not good, writers change the script to spice it up. Most of the dramas change quite a lot as they go. This is why writers work full time with assistants until the end of the show.

Especially the ones that have over 100 episodes :D I think at the start of filming, everyone knows how to start, have a raw image how to progress and ending. Everything else gets filled in progress.

Also got a new advertisement offer? Have to cut part of the script, insert AD and adapt it to the story.

Dramas with better funds and good actors usually avoid that but cheaper ones, most of the time try to adapt to ratings.

I have read several interviews with writers. They told how stressful their job is since sometimes they have to change the story completely during filming. That can happen even to well funded drama.
Perfect story and cast but ratings are just not there. No options but to change things. It's not like you can cancel the show when it starts airing.

...aaaand here comes the horror of pre-produced drama. Let's say ratings are low. Can you change something or adapt? Nope. The best example is 'Entourage'. I liked it since Kwangsoo was in it but Koreans didn't like american vibe, ratings were 1.0%,  a commercial failure. They would have changed plot or characters for sure if it was filmed while airing.

Killer_Queen:

lol, the change countries got me. So I just leave the country? Sounds like a good idea for a vacation. I'm burnt on books as well. I've never watch a day in my life on obligation XD

I do know they are common in all aspects of life, but I just wanted a ranting zone for it

I think what they mean by change countries is changing the drama's country...if you're always watch kdrama, then maybe you can try watching jdrama/cdrama/american tv series/thaidrama. 

Happen to me. I became more picky. Then, I watch American tv series. It takes me 2 month to finished that series as it have 9 season (more than 100 episodes) After that, I managed to start watching Jdrama back

HaraKara:
It have nothing to do with feedback but ratings. When ratings are not good, writers change the script to spice it up. Most of the dramas change quite a lot as they go. This is why writers work full time with assistants until the end of the show.

Especially the ones that have over 100 episodes :D I think at the start of filming, everyone knows how to start, have a raw image how to progress and ending. Everything else gets filled in progress.

Also got a new advertisement offer? Have to cut part of the script, insert AD and adapt it to the story.

Dramas with better funds and good actors usually avoid that but cheaper ones, most of the time try to adapt to ratings.

I have read several interviews with writers. They told how stressful their job is since sometimes they have to change the story completely during filming. That can happen even to well funded drama.

Oh, well damn that makes sense. I didn't know much of that. Thanks for explaining it!

Haru Danik:

I think what they mean by change countries is changing the drama's country...if you're always watch kdrama, then maybe you can try watching jdrama/cdrama/american tv series/thaidrama. 

Happen to me. I became more picky. Then, I watch American tv series. It takes me 2 month to finished that series as it have 9 season (more than 100 episodes) After that, I managed to start watching Jdrama back

Haha, I know. I was just being weird.  But dang, I can't watch a complete Amerian series unless its the short ones and I only go for the season and that is it. 

JoanneSmith:

otherwise known as the wrist grab.   when she's just about to walk away and he grabs onto her wrist at the very last second.   Not the one where they physically drag someone by the wrist but the scene-stopping grab, where you are wishing for something to stop the couple from parting.  

AH, I see. Its the suspenseful moments. I think I have seen moments like this in American/British tele but I never really pondered over it or hated it as much as I did when it is done in Asian Dramas. Perhaps it is just the context of the scenes in comparison, but it often feels annoying in Asian Dramas. 

Wrist grab is actually the most annoying and at the same troublesome thing in dramas. First, because it doesn't happen in reality. Second, it turns women into rag dolls, that can be pulled like toys and then they don't even get angry. That pull in some sense is assault, you want to leave and get stopped by force.
Imagine bumping into random guy in the street by mistake, getting in some minor argument and then being grabbed and pulled when trying to go away.

Creepy as hell. I think that's a proper situation for women to start screaming :D
With this #metoo movement going on, they should really cut on this wrist grab crap.
And other million things.

I completely agree. I don't think I have every seen anyone grab someone's wrist other than a parent with their child. 

I know, it would be terrifying! I would be fighting against him the whole time. 

The #metoo movement is really only happening in States and England, I don't think it is move anywhere else. 

Killer_Queen:

I completely agree. I don't think I have every seen anyone grab someone's wrist other than a parent with their child. 

I know, it would be terrifying! I would be fighting against him the whole time. 

The #metoo movement is really only happening in States and England, I don't think it is move anywhere else. 

It has hit S. Korea already. Several actors stepped down once harassment victims came out. MBC fired 3 employees. One comedian, photographer (rotta), several idols also accused.
However the most impactful was actor/professor Jo min-ki scandal (saw almost all dramas where he starred).  This movement in Korea started with him. 20+ students came out, telling he sexually harassed them, coffee shop worker even reported attempted rape.
He admitted to everything. Questioning was supposed to start this week but he killed himself a few days ago. So it's big in SK right now.

The most mind blowing thing in all this is S.Korea's defamation law. Which states, that ruining someone's reputation publicly, even if you tell the truth, is a punishable offence, up to 3 years in prison (7 if you lie). Truth is not a defense in Korea. This is why people make accusations online but never name the perpetrator because they can get sued. That of course led to witch hunt. Netizens started matching stories with idols. We still don't know several perpetrators since victims never named them.

@Killerqueen 

Sometimes viewer feedback can backfire like with Fashion King..... The writers changed the original ending to please the viewers and I don't think ANYONE liked the ending.... I know I was mad and threw my remote across the room and vented loudly for about 10 minutes.... I felt that I had wasted my time watching the show and also seeing the 2 leads being threatened and manipulated by the douche bag CEO 

Lucky me, I have dropped it after episode 1 :DD
Also nice rating - 5.6. Must be one of the worst in MDL.

HaraKara:
It has hit S. Korea already. Several actors stepped down once harassment victims came out. MBC fired 3 employees. One comedian, photographer (rotta), several idols also accused.
However the most impactful was actor/professor Jo min-ki scandal (saw almost all dramas where he starred).  This movement in Korea started with him. 20+ students came out, telling he sexually harassed them, coffee shop worker even reported attempted rape.
He admitted to everything. Questioning was supposed to start this week but he killed himself a few days ago. So it's big in SK right now.

That is good to know it is there now too. Oh damn. I should get my news from you

Stevie70:

@Killerqueen 

Sometimes viewer feedback can backfire like with Fashion King..... The writers changed the original ending to please the viewers and I don't think ANYONE liked the ending.... I know I was mad and threw my remote across the room and vented loudly for about 10 minutes.... I felt that I had wasted my time watching the show and also seeing the 2 leads being threatened and manipulated by the douche bag CEO 

Well that just sucks. Although, I personally would appreciate it if they don't completely listen to viewers feedback. Viewers tend to think about what they want rather than what would be good for the drama.

HaraKara:

Lucky me, I have dropped it after episode 1 :DD
Also nice rating - 5.6. Must be one of the worst in MDL.

Have you ever felt persuaded out of a drama you were interested in because of the rating or critics?

Killer_Queen:

Have you ever felt persuaded out of a drama you were interested in because of the rating or critics?

I don't think so. When I'm interested, nothing stops me, even bad feedback :) 

When I'm not interested and reviews are bad, I skip the show most of the time.
I kinda know when the show is going to be good or bad now just from channel where it airs, actors and plot.
Smaller tv channel? No major actors? Plot is similar to what was aired or airing? Show months before announced 'big' project? It doesn't take much to realize drama is a filler and  will be so-so.

What about you? Do reviews shape your opinion on show you planned to watch?

I feel the same, if i'm on the fence already about the drama and it has negative reviews, I tend to just skip it. However, if I do here a lot of good reviews about a drama even if it isn't something I usually like, I will give it chance just to try something new. 

I know, TVN usually produced my favorite types of drama and gives you skinship compared to other channels.