Lily T:

I switched countries to Cdrama but they are too long. After Nirvana in Fire 1 and 2, I lost interest in many of the poorly made productions. Also hate sad endings which Cdramas seem to like.

Watch the drama When a Snail Falls in Love if you don't mind crime mixed with romance drama. Its very good Cdrama and it isn't long.

Thanks. I've finished When a Snail falls in Love. Just completed Oh my General 60 episodes. At least it has a good ending.  Overall entertaining but wish the colour palettes were not so gaudy - blue, red and purple armors.

I haven't watched Oh My General, sounds cool though

I feel like I have the worst case of drama fatigue. I can't seem to find or stick to one that I would enjoy recently. I don't even get too excited about the new dramas that are coming out. I've tried switching countries, and mixing genres, and even mix watching currently airing/finished dramas. I just am not excited about ANY of them.

I actually was never a big tv fan in my life. I liked some TV shows in the past, but I am not huge on movies. Asian dramas changed that for a bit. I wonder if I just am going back to being not much into dramas, or it's just temporary. 

Linus:

I feel like I have the worst case of drama fatigue. I can't seem to find or stick to one that I would enjoy recently. I don't even get too excited about the new dramas that are coming out. I've tried switching countries, and mixing genres, and even mix watching currently airing/finished dramas. I just am not excited about ANY of them.

I actually was never a big tv fan in my life. I liked some TV shows in the past, but I am not huge on movies. Asian dramas changed that for a bit. I wonder if I just am going back to being not much into dramas, or it's just temporary. 

Same !!

I didn't seem to be able to continue any drama or even feel excited about any (been like that since Just Between Lovers ended)but just recently I've discovered about a poem a day and it pulled me out of my drama slump and I'm thoroughly enjoying it 

DREAMY:

Same !!

I didn't seem to be able to continue any drama or even feel excited about any (been like that since Just Between Lovers ended)but just recently I've discovered about a poem a day and it pulled me out of my drama slump and I'm thoroughly enjoying it 

What do you do about the dramas that you started and they didn't pull you in? Do you keep trying to force yourself to keep watching, or do you just drop them and look for something that will make you interested? My on hold and dropped list almost tripled in just a couple of weeks !

Linus:

What do you do about the dramas that you started and they didn't pull you in? Do you keep trying to force yourself to keep watching, or do you just drop them and look for something that will make you interested? My on hold and dropped list almost tripled in just a couple of weeks !

I used to have a stupid habit of finishing anything I started but I don't do that anymore , so I drop them and look for something else and if I'm not in the mood for starting a new drama, I just don't watch anything but I tend to watch the ones that have finished airing or aired about half way through after seeing the reviews and whether people are enjoying them or not but even this doesn't work all the time so the struggle is real haha

I’m the same. Hold and dropped list getting longer recently too. I think it is because Im more picky about shows and the quality of mamy recent shows were not good.  I finally got out of my drama fatigue...now watching secrets of three kingdom, legend of dugu and side by side with you. So far so good. Hope you find some worthwhile to watch too and get out of your fatigue. I watch at high speed when Im getting bored .....listen to some ed sheeren songs to learn lyrics to some of my favourite songs too to get out of drama fatigue. Good luck and happy drama watching.

Lily T:

I’m the same. Hold and dropped list getting longer recently too. I think it is because Im more picky about shows and the quality of mamy recent shows were not good.  I finally got out of my drama fatigue...now watching secrets of three kingdom, legend of dugu and side by side with you. So far so good. Hope you find some worthwhile to watch too and get out of your fatigue. I watch at high speed when Im getting bored .....listen to some ed sheeren songs to learn lyrics to some of my favourite songs too to get out of drama fatigue. Good luck and happy drama watching.

Thank you :) I'm not really sure it's the quality of the dramas that keep me feeling like this, though. In some ways, I see more dramas that are currently airing or recently ended that I would have totally enjoyed in the past. Objectively speaking, I watched some mediocre dramas in the past and was able to just enjoy some aspects of them. Drama fatigue seems to mostly concern people who have been watching dramas for some time and are tired of the same old tropes and recycled stories in different packages. I think I now tend to look for something a bit different. Also, in the past, when most of the show was ok and only 2-3 episodes were dragging, I would let it go. Now I get annoyed. I might take other people's advice and give it a rest for some time, watch a couple of Western stories, look at some variety shows or re-watch things I used to love. Hopefully that will at least somewhat help. 

@ Dreamy everything you said was so true! 

Just STARVE yourself so you will want to go back, I do that all the time. Stop all the drama activity and switch to other hobby (2 or 3 days will suffice but a whole week will give you the best results). But to make it work you have to have strong WILL and don't even get near dramas during the time stated. You can watch American shows, news, anime, or even play games. If that is not enough just forget about the internet for a while. And when you come back YOU WILL FEEL THE HUNGER and the slump will disappear :)

I wish that my advice helps :D

That will definitely work but too drastic for me ....hahahah. I die if there is no internet.

ThePowerOfLight:

Just STARVE yourself so you will want to go back, I do that all the time. Stop all the drama activity and switch to other hobby (2 or 3 days will suffice but a whole week will give you the best results). But to make it work you have to have strong WILL and don't even get near dramas during the time stated. You can watch American shows, news, anime, or even play games. If that is not enough just forget about the internet for a while. And when you come back YOU WILL FEEL THE HUNGER and the slump will disappear :)

I wish that my advice helps :D

I naturally switch to reading novels when I no longer have drama fatigue and then pick it back up as well. But I wouldn't say I starve myself.

All of you suggestions are super helpful. Unfortunately, since I have started a new position at work in August, I  have been kind of keeping my distance from Asian dramas. I only recently reached out for them. When I came back to it, I expected to be completely sucked into the kdrama world again. I devoured Because it is my First Life and watched Hwayugi, but have since been struggling to really get interested in things. I am not sure that stepping away for another 6 months would help :D I took Wandering_Queen's approach and re-categorized my lists. That seems like it might actually work since I feel less overwhelmed by my own watchlist :D

Linus:

All of you suggestions are super helpful. Unfortunately, since I have started a new position at work in August, I  have been kind of keeping my distance from Asian dramas. I only recently reached out for them. When I came back to it, I expected to be completely sucked into the kdrama world again. I devoured Because it is my First Life and watched Hwayugi, but have since been struggling to really get interested in things. I am not sure that stepping away for another 6 months would help :D I took Wandering_Queen's approach and re-categorized my lists. That seems like it might actually work since I feel less overwhelmed by my own watchlist :D

I am happy it helped. I would also suggested trying a variety show. They are entertaining and many have actors who go on the due to promotion of their dramas, so they are great fun without a great commitments. Here is a starter: Variety Shows

If you happen to get interested and want to know where to start.