I am sure I am not the only one to experience a burn out or fatigue of dramas. It is that terrible feeling of losing the energy to watch any dramas for a short awhile. I'm currently in this state so I figured I'd make a space for those who also feel the same way. 

If there is anyone who has or is feeling drama fatigue, please come in.

ME!!! My plan to watch list is long and I  want to tackle it but not right now... I just cant. Even movies are like ugh -_- but then at the same time I feel guilty (weird). Hopefully I get back on track tomorrow otherwise I'll just have to go back to my American dramas for a bit.

I know! It is just sadden! I have a watch list of stuff but I can't seem to bring myself to start anything!

Drama slumps are common, there are a couple articles and forum threads on MDL w/ ideas about how to get over a slump:

e.g. change countries, watch movies, re-watch favorites,  take a break and read books, stop watching out of obligation to keep up or to clean up ur watch lists, etc... etc... etc... 

rainruma:

Drama slumps are common, there are a couple articles and forum threads on MDL w/ ideas about how to get over a slump:

e.g. change countries, watch movies, re-watch favorites,  take a break and read books, stop watching out of obligation to keep up or clean up ur watch lists, etc... etc... etc... 

I feel an obligation- that's it! And I really only watch Japanese... makes sense for the burnout. I'll try switching countries.

rainruma:

e.g. change countries, watch movies, re-watch favorites,  take a break and read books, stop watching out of obligation to keep up or clean up ur watch lists, etc... etc... etc... 

lol, the change countries got me. So I just leave the country? Sounds like a good idea for a vacation. I'm burnt on books as well. I've never watch a day in my life on obligation XD

I do know they are common in all aspects of life, but I just wanted a ranting zone for it

I really want to understand where this sense of obligation is coming from. Why would you feel obligated to watch a drama? 

Killer_Queen:

I really want to understand where this sense of obligation is coming from. Why would you feel obligated to watch a drama? 

Ever start a drama but it didnt turn out how you thought it would and instead of dropping it you try to continue? Thats how I am. Its hard for me to let go- gotta finsh to the end. Unfortunately the past couple of dramas have been like that for me.

ShotaSidePart:

Ever start a drama but it didnt turn out how you thought it would and instead of dropping it you try to continue? Thats how I am. Its hard for me to let go- gotta finsh to the end. Unfortunately the past couple of dramas have been like that for me.

Oh, yeah! But I just put it on hold and if it ever peaks my interest again I pick it up, if not, I end up dropping it. I am like that with books were I just have to finish the book even if I don't like it.

So many dramas, so little time... and I always feel obligated to watch the ones with my favorite actors, even if they don't look that good at first sight.

I also mainly watch Thai dramas, and sometimes lack of kissing scenes or really any love scenes gets to me and I have to go and rewatch parts of Korean or Chinese dramas to get my fill of kissing before I can go back. And the repentance scenes in Thai dramas can get exhausting after a while, I mean, I'm all for second chances, but holy cow some people really should go to jail and be unrepentant because that's the sad truth of how a lot of people are.

I'm always on the lookout for my favorite actors/actresses dramas as well, but I tend to have the problem of watching the first couple of episodes and if it is really good, I end up deciding to wait until more episodes are uploaded, this tumbles with other dramas I wait for and then I too many dramas and I'm too burnt to watch them XD

Killer_Queen:

I'm always on the lookout for my favorite actors/actresses dramas as well, but I tend to have the problem of watching the first couple of episodes and if it is really good, I end up deciding to wait until more episodes are uploaded, this tumbles with other dramas I wait for and then I too many dramas and I'm too burnt to watch them XD

You need to learn how to skip through dramas XD I almost never watch dramas in their entirety. You learn the olaces you can skip here and there so you can still get the story without all the nonsense they like to put in.

My friends think I'm a monster for skipping, but I get what I want from the drama, which is usually a cute love story and some funny lined

Skipping works for romances because honestly, they are all the same, but it doesn't make sense to if the drama is a mystery or crime drama which I watch a lot of the times. Or it has a lot of plot going around. 

I got it recently after watching Six Flying Dragons. The whopping 50 episodes took quite a toll on me emotionally as I had been so invested in the story and characters throughout. Couple that with a pretty acute bout of the withdrawal symptoms, I can't seem to be able to muster enough enthusiasm for anything much. Maybe something light and easy with eye-candies aplenty on the next excursion will help sort me out some.