Killer_Queen:

Skipping works for romances because honestly, they are all the same, but it doesn't make sense to if the drama is a mystery or crime drama which I watch a lot of the times. Or it has a lot of plot going around. 

I actually skip through any type, especially when they are focusing on a character I dont like. 

Watching a show now that is the same murder mystery told by each of the witnesses, and they replay "the incident" each time.  I skip the scene I have already seen.  Makes the drama more bearable.  I am the type that NEVER drops a drama that I start, I only watch Jdramas so 10-11 eps to push through is not bad. Especially when I fast forward. :)

Killer_Queen:

I really want to understand where this sense of obligation is coming from. Why would you feel obligated to watch a drama? 

I can't speak for anybody else, but it's must've been my obsessive-compulsive personality. I know it's stupid. Watching dramas is a hobby, it should've been fun, but there you go :D

And yeah, the fast-forward button is truly a godsend

Shahrizat Jailan:

I got it recently after watching Six Flying Dragons. The whopping 50 episodes took quite a toll on me emotionally as I had been so invested in the story and characters throughout. Couple that with a pretty acute bout of the withdrawal symptoms, I can't seem to be able to muster enough enthusiasm for anything much. Maybe something light and easy with eye-candies aplenty on the next excursion will help sort me out some.

I tried watching something light and easy to get back into, but it didn't work xD

OldAnimeLady:

I actually skip through any type, especially when they are focusing on a character I dont like. 

Watching a show now that is the same murder mystery told by each of the witnesses, and they replay "the incident" each time.  I skip the scene I have already seen.  Makes the drama more bearable.  I am the type that NEVER drops a drama that I start, I only watch Jdramas so 10-11 eps to push through is not bad. Especially when I fast forward. :)

That make senses. I usually skip through all those rewind scenes of emotion for characters because honestly, you only need to reply that shit once! Not a 5 or 8 times in the series

kura2ninja:

I can't speak for anybody else, but it's must've been my obsessive-compulsive personality. I know it's stupid. Watching dramas is a hobby, it should've been fun, but there you go :D

And yeah, the fast-forward button is truly a godsend

Haha, got it xD

OldAnimeLady:

I watch mainly Thai dramas, so they have longer episode length, but fewer episodes. Thai people seem to like slower pacing, so I can skip entire parts of episodes and not miss anyhing important.

If this isn't me... I've recently had a break from school so I watched any and every drama I could on my list - I'm not even halfway done. I've realized that standing up and doing stretches is refreshing if you're sitting for long periods of time. Snacks always help my energy boost up but I finish those wayyyy too quickly. :,)

Im watching movies and went from Japan to China (Seven Of Me)- my fatigue is gone!! Also coupled with the fact that school is over until spring, I'm feeling relieved and refreshed.

Nowadays I'm finding it really hard to get 'into' dramas. Like I end up dropping them after the first episode because I just can't interested.

Hobbies can be just like work or a job. There's no one thing we can keep constantly doing without taking some breather every once in a while.

As for me, I'm always swinging between anime, drama, and comics.

Killer_Queen:

I really want to understand where this sense of obligation is coming from. Why would you feel obligated to watch a drama? 

Some people are completionists, yo. They don't like the feeling of unfinished things or getting behind on their lists. I feel a small sense of dissatisfaction when I look at my currently watching or on hold or to watch lists... but then I go and watch something that's not on any of them, and it's delicious to be rebellious!

Don't try to make sense of it-- it doesn't make sense. ;)

I was like that..it just happens. But now I'm lost on where to start back!

Lore:

Some people are completionists, yo. They don't like the feeling of unfinished things or getting behind on their lists. I feel a small sense of dissatisfaction when I look at my currently watching or on hold or to watch lists... but then I go and watch something that's not on any of them, and it's delicious to be rebellious!

OMG its like you get me O_O lol

Amy:

If this isn't me... I've recently had a break from school so I watched any and every drama I could on my list - I'm not even halfway done. I've realized that standing up and doing stretches is refreshing if you're sitting for long periods of time. Snacks always help my energy boost up but I finish those wayyyy too quickly. :,)

Then I hope you have a nice break!

Lore:

First, I love your insert of yo. Secondly, I do understand the feeling, it is just that I mostly get it for novels compared to dramas.