On occasions I have drama fatigue but when that happens I watch other things. I went through a BBC show spree, watching movies, or even watching a few series on Netflix. I find that sometimes I get tired of dramas from countries. In the last 2 years, my KDrama watching has decreased exponentially while my JDrama has tripled. I got through spurts watching Chinese and Thai. I think because I watch so many different countries, I don't get bored too often altogether.

@NewKDramaAddict  ... I normally watch in phases, from one country at a time, so changing countries is my best method for getting over fatigue ....  I am just getting over a nine month slump, where I watched some BBC,  read books and got into Turkish dramas recommended by a friend who knows my taste very well (that's important!) .....

It  is Very Important to start the return to dramaland w/ something exactly fitting your mood and taste, otherwise the drama  slump will only get extended!

I think switching years or switching from completed to currently airing helps, too. I started mixing my dramas -- some currently airing ones so I can't binge and a long, solid completed historical, for example. I did also watch a J-drama that's like 15 years old. Nice change of scenery/style.

But yeah, best thing is to take a break and focus on your daily life's drama for a bit, lol. 

I feel like this now...:/

NewKDramaAddict:

On occasions I have drama fatigue but when that happens I watch other things. I went through a BBC show spree, watching movies, or even watching a few series on Netflix. I find that sometimes I get tired of dramas from countries. In the last 2 years, my KDrama watching has decreased exponentially while my JDrama has tripled. I got through spurts watching Chinese and Thai. I think because I watch so many different countries, I don't get bored too often altogether.

rainruma:

@NewKDramaAddict  ... I normally watch in phases, from one country at a time, so changing countries is my best method for getting over fatigue ....  I am just getting over a nine month slump, where I watched some BBC,  read books and got into Turkish dramas recommended by a friend who knows my taste very well (that's important!) .....

It  is Very Important to start the return to dramaland w/ something exactly fitting your mood and taste, otherwise the drama  slump will only get extended!

Your methodology is really interesting. If I'm sick of dramas, it is usually all dramas entirely, I have to switch to reading chinese novels, manga, or english books, then if I get sick of that, I put my complete focus on kpop, if I get sick of that I pick up a random new habit like collecting funkopop, building legos and such. Then I get back into dramas XD

Fortuna:

I think switching years or switching from completed to currently airing helps, too. I started mixing my dramas -- some currently airing ones so I can't binge and a long, solid completed historical, for example. I did also watch a J-drama that's like 15 years old. Nice change of scenery/style.

But yeah, best thing is to take a break and focus on your daily life's drama for a bit, lol. 

But daily life's drama are difficult XD hence the need to watch dramas!

kmr:

I feel like this now...:/

Its okay, you a free to rant as much as you want about it here

I start then drop or binge watch and skip scenes. So glad we have Filipino dramas now, it aroused my interest a bit. 

This totally. I started to watch jdramas but then I got caught up on all the airing ones I wanted to watch so I feel kind of burned out haha. Hopefully something will catch my attention again soon! I miss getting excited over kdramas :')

catstreet:

This totally. I started to watch jdramas but then I got caught up on all the airing ones I wanted to watch so I feel kind of burned out haha. Hopefully something will catch my attention again soon! I miss getting excited over kdramas :')

Yeah, it is such a nice feeling!

I just take a break when that happens. Like right now. Mostly watching western tv shows/moves plus Korean variety shows at the moment.
However after watching some better western shows, asian ones look very cheap and cheesy.  It takes usually several months or a very good drama to make me return.
 Just dropped A Korean Odyssey, since it was so bad after watching Lucifer.

Yeah, I do the same. Although I don't really have any western shows that are good to watch as of late. 

HaraKara:

I just take a break when that happens. Like right now. Mostly watching western tv shows/moves plus Korean variety shows at the moment.
However after watching some better western shows, asian ones look very cheap and cheesy.  It takes usually several months or a very good drama to make me return.
 Just dropped A Korean Odyssey, since it was so bad after watching Lucifer.

I have this a LOT.

To me, the best dramas to get out of a drama slump are those that have good character relations and a strong plot. Though honestly, I just reached a point where I wondered 'why am I even trying?'

I literally just went through and read the reviews for every drama till I found one that wasn't too long, legal based, or seemed to have a bad plot. In the end, I found What's Up. It has a strong plot, but the characters are what really drew me in. It's light-hearted, but at the same time serious. There's romance and friendship mixed with music. 

I don't know if it'll appeal to you or help you, but if you haven't watched it yet, watch an episode or two and see if it works.

SamaJu:

I have this a LOT.

Come in and rant Chingu. Let it all out.