Overwind:

Let's be clear that if Panama and Korea had a match. Korea would win no doubt.

But lets give it up for Japan. 

To battle back and even the score twice is so admirable as some teams give up the first goal and don't know how to come back (e.g. Poland) Group H is the most intriguing as Senegal and Colombia face off with Colombia needing to win outright and Japan just needs to not lose against a poor Poland.

But to friendship over the beautiful game.

As for Monday, Uruguay and Russia battle for top spot of their group. Iran needs to win against Portugal to advance. NOT HAPPENING   and Spain will try to score ten goals against Morocco. 

In football, anything can happen. Iran held their own vs Spain, so it's very possible for them to do decently vs Portugal as well. Considering the fact that the head coach of Iran coached the Portuguese National Team in 2008-2010 and is Portuguese himself, he knows a few things about how the team operates...

With that said, Ronaldo is on fire these days, so we'll see. 

The Portugal Vs Iran game was so frustrating. The referee seemed biased. Ronaldo did not deserve that penalty and it was Iran who deserved one some time before they actually got one. The Portughese team also seemed to be overreacting. Iran were robbed in my opinion. They deserved more.

The battle between Portugal vs Iran wasn't seem succesful as what they expected, but surely, Portugal is still the number one taking their advantages into the Knockout stage. There is not dobut that Iran could managed to stop this and ended up being draw.

(sorry for my poor english)

The Iran Portugal game truly hurt. Extremely proud of the Iran team, especially the goal keeper for saving the penalty which changed the flow of the game. If that had gone in, it wouldve been over.

Skye-N-Rain:

The Iran Portugal game truly hurt. Extremely proud of the Iran team, especially the goal keeper for saving the penalty which changed the flow of the game. If that had gone in, it wouldve been over.

Yes, so proud of that penalty save. When a goalkeeper catches a penalty shot, you know he is good.

Bearhugs6:

Yes, so proud of that penalty save. When a goalkeeper catches a penalty shot, you know he is good.

Yeah, although he's mentally weak. After the tussle with the defensive midfielder in the first half, he made 2 or 3 mistakes that could've easily become goals. But thankfully after the halftime, he regained his composure like a boss. 

Group C and D matches today. I don't care much about the teams in group C, but those two matches in group D are going to be nail-biting: Argentina vs Nigeria, and Croatia vs Iceland. I sort of want Nigeria to go through, though :D

kura2ninja:

Group C and D matches today. I don't care much about the teams in group C, but those two matches in group D are going to be nail-biting: Argentina vs Nigeria, and Croatia vs Iceland. I sort of want Nigeria to go through, though :D

Me too!

kura2ninja:

Argentina will beat down the Nigeria for sure, since they tecnically strong as usualy. And Iceland is one of the weakest team in European national football team, so i am hoping for Croatia to win, both Argentina and Croatia deserve to be on the knockout stages.

Hotsushi-kun:

Argentina will beat down the Nigeria for sure, since they tecnically strong as usualy. And Iceland is one of the weakest team in European national football team, so i am hoping for Croatia to win, both Argentina and Croatia deserve to be on the knockout stages.

Croatia has qualified, I think, since they've won twice already. The other three still have the chance to go through to the next round.

Eh, Argentina is traditionally very good, but they weren't that impressive in the first two matches.

Spain and Portugal really played down to their competition yesterday. The question becomes if both teams have peaked in terms of performance which would be a bad thing or is there still another level they can get to advance further in the tournament. We can only wait and see.

All credit to Iran and Morocco. They played like there was no tomorrow.  

As for the controversy yesterday regarding Ronaldo whether he should've been sent off. I do agree that if it was a lesser known player--he'd be sent off. If anything it becomes referees perogative to call it. VAR obviously saw something different and wanted him to call it but he wouldn't. This is where it becomes grainy. Who are we supposed to trust? The guy with all the cameras or the guy that's on the field?

I personally believe that the Iranian player diving like he just died the cruelest death played a part in the decision. I don't agree with how VAR is implemented after the fact but I certainly don't agree with theatrical diving. So in my view, it cancels out. But once again, any other player, it's for sure Red.

Saudi Arabia, who I thought was the worst team going in to the tournament beat Egypt who many favored would get out of the group. So it does show that I don't know everything. :/ Egypt really were underwhelming.

Russia's hosting nation power they possessed is quickly coming to an end. Uruguay proved they should no longer be considered underdogs, but dark horse favorites. I think Portugal is going to have to play extremely well to get past them. Russia will have to hang in there with a hopefully motivated Spain.

Tomorrow's batch should be good, especially in the latter half. Denmark - France should be a rather politeful affair considering both are through, might be a game where the coaches test out different lineups or rest players. Australia - Peru: I'd be dissapointed if Peru never got a point in their return to the big stage. There will be a lot of channel flipping with Group D matches. I will say Argentina, even with how bad they've played can still salvage this train-wreck and advance if they play as a cohesive unit. Iceland will be in tough against Croatia who seem to be rolling atm.

The tournament has been great so far.  A goal in every game. High drama. Lots of national pride shown whenever I head downtown. All over a couple of players, a ball and a net. You can't tell me the Super Bowl competes with this. Haha

Do you like Messi? #BokJoo

Argentina just being argentina even with that 442. Toss the luck at the end 

Sampaoli need better formulate this shit if not for almost going mental again next against france

Iran was really good against Portugal, I felt so sad that they were out of the world cup. What was funny was how out of the 10 players (not goalie) 7 of them got a yellow card.

Argentina was okay today. I wouldn't say they played really well but their second goal was by chance. The guy who scored the winning goal (Rojo) is a defender so it was pretty funny how he was in the strikers position and then scored the goal. They really have to play well against France but I think France will win.

Croatia beating Iceland was no surprise. Iceland are good but I think it's more of a beginners luck situation.

Kokkuri:

Do you like Messi? #BokJoo

Yes, I do like Messi.

surfaktan:

Argentina just being argentina even with that 442. Toss the luck at the end 

Sampaoli need better formulate this shit if not for almost going mental again next against france

He's apparetnly not in control anymore.  Apparently the players revolted and picked the line up for the game vs Nigeria. Also, that hand ball in the last 15 minutes was a complete penalty for Nigeria. Don't know why the refs are so wishy washy.