I think I am one of the only people in the world who is not a Messi fan. I was so happy when Croatia won today. :p

Argentina is so bad. 

That game reminded me of Germany - Brazil in the last world cup. They had no identity, no tactics, no strategy. They have one of the best players on Earth and expect him to do absolutely everything. It's unfair to put that amount of pressure on him without any reasonable support.

At least with Portugal and Ronaldo. The support is there. They understand they have a system. They don't just go out there and have Ronaldo shoot all the time.

-Viva La France! Paul Pogba runs this team. If he's going, the team's going. 

-Australia play a very hard-nosed brand of football and while I feel it's more suited to league play as opposed to tournament play, you can't deny its results. If they were in a better group, they could've advanced. Same boat as Peru, very intense play but not enough talent upfront.

Tomorrow's game to watch: BRA - CRC. I think Costa Rica could give the Brazilians quite a scare. Thinking a Draw or a very close Brazil win.

Croatia did impressive well at defeating Argentina, its like they are becoming superpowerful national team after all.

Skye-N-Rain:

Actually in the last 5 years, Iran has been first. They were the second team to qualify for World Cup 2018 [with Brazil being the first team], and they had two games to spare. On FIFA's rankings, Iran was #1 in Asia until a lack of friendlies allowed Australia to surpass them in late May...

South Korea was in Iran's group as well, and Iran beat them in one game, and then tied them in Seoul 0-0 [even though Iran got a red card in the ~55th minute]. 

Interesting, i never expect to see Iran to be an Superpower of national football.

This Nigeria - Iceland game is the worst game of the tourney. Neither team wants to attack or when they do, they don't know how. Argentina just might have a chance. 

Overwind:

Argentina is so bad. 

That game reminded me of Germany - Brazil in the last world cup. They had no identity, no tactics, no strategy. They have one of the best players on Earth and expect him to do absolutely everything. It's unfair to put that amount of pressure on him without any reasonable support.

At least with Portugal and Ronaldo. The support is there. They understand they have a system. They don't just go out there and have Ronaldo shoot all the time.

-Viva La France! Paul Pogba runs this team. If he's going, the team's going. 

-Australia play a very hard-nosed brand of football and while I feel it's more suited to league play as opposed to tournament play, you can't deny its results. If they were in a better group, they could've advanced. Same boat as Peru, very intense play but not enough talent upfront.

Tomorrow's game to watch: BRA - CRC. I think Costa Rica could give the Brazilians quite a scare. Thinking a Draw or a very close Brazil win.

You hit the nail on the head there but I suspect a lot of it also has to do with Messi himself. Not only do the majority of people think he's God, he thinks so too. Yes, he's an awesome player, but he isn't God. Remember when he rage quit and wouldn't come back to play until the coach begged him to? Argentina actually has some really good players besides Messi but they aren't even playing. It's obvious why. Someone else besides Messi might steal the spotlight. There is no teamwork. It is Messi and his supporting characters. That is why they are losing. 

I know many will get mad at me for saying that but it is the truth. The only reason I don't like him is because of his attitude. If he was less about himself and more for everyone on his team, and less of a drama queen, I would love him too. Hope he and the coach wake up before they are eliminated. :(

Hotsushi-kun:

Interesting, i never expect to see Iran to be an Superpower of national football.

I wouldn't say Superpower, as no Asian team really is. But they're still one of the best in Asia [especially in the last 8 years, the coach has really melded them together into a unified cohesive team.]  

Korea play tomorrow. Think they have a chance?

Bearhugs6:

I don't know about it, i am sure Korea can win this. But some people complain that Korea are weaker than those Japan, Australia and other Asian national football.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! Serbia score the goal against Switzerland!!!! Yeeehaaah!!!!

Bearhugs6:

I haven't watched any Korean games (because of stupid work) but they're playing against Mexico. I doubt Korean will win. Mexico won against Germany. Even if Mexico isn't the best team they still scored against Germany which makes them pretty impressive so I don't think Korea has a chance tomorrow. I can only say this based on the Mexico v Germany game, I haven't watched Koreans play but who knows.

Overwind:

This Nigeria - Iceland game is the worst game of the tourney. Neither team wants to attack or when they do, they don't know how. Argentina just might have a chance. 

This was in regards to the first 45. The last half was actually really good. Iceland really laid an egg today, surprising and yes Argentina with how bad they've played still have a chance of making out of the group.

Tomorrow Belgium should beat Tunisia easily. SK will be lucky enough to score against Mexico and the defending champions Germany should win against underdog Sweden but then again, they were favored to beat Mexico and look at how that turned out.

I wonder how South Korea can beat up against Mexico through, i really miss Park Ji-Sung though, he was the most famous and the legendary Korean footballer who played Manchester United and help his team to popularize Korean Wave in the UK as well.

My money would be on Germany for the win against Sweden.  South Korea give it your best.  No team is unbeatable in this tournament.

I want France or Portugal to win, and I think that it's possible this year. In todays match Germany - Sweden, I hope for Sweden bc Germany has been shit thus far (ok not shit but not good enough)  :/