penel:

Dinner out last night at a fancy trattoria: hubby and I shared a Caesar's salad (mixed salad greens, charred corn, parmesan cheese, crispy pancetta, chicken croquette and black truffle), and I had a "salmone e rise venere" plate (grilled salmon fillet served with black rice /riso venere, broccoli , roasted carrot cream and citrus & peperonchini sauce) and a "cinque terre" coctail (Gin, French Caribbean rum, strawberry, cucumber, ginger beer, bubbles).

My dessert was from a pastry shop near my neighbourhood with delicious sugar-free, low-fat creations: I chose a "yogurt-forest fruit" pastry, which is a mousse with strained yogurt, core of strawberry and blackberry coulis and pistachio dacquoise, coated with vanilla miroir.

https://www.slimbites.gr/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/giaourti-High-Quality.jpeg

Sounds delicious!  The dessert was a work of art. Thank you for sharing!❤️

penel:
My dessert was from a pastry shop near my neighbourhood with delicious sugar-free, low-fat creations: I chose a "yogurt-forest fruit" pastry, which is a mousse with strained yogurt, core of strawberry and blackberry coulis and pistachio dacquoise, coated with vanilla miroir.

That looks extremely delicious and beautiful! 

On a side note, I have similar blue cutlery and every time I use it my food presentation looks on point. Have you guys had similar experiences?

Dinner - Burrata with tomato salad in balsamic vinegar,  tekkamaki, salmon and cheese uramaki, cucumber rolls and miso soup. ^^

ramen instant / pickled olives / Drink: iced coffee 

The Butterfly:

Sounds delicious!  The dessert was a work of art. Thank you for sharing!❤️

I finally found a photo from the restaurant's menu with many dishes. Mine was similar to the one in the middle:

https://www.gastronomos.gr/assets/modules/wnp/articles/202012/9477/editor/psomi_kai_alati_01.jpg

Fourthaxis:
On a side note, I have similar blue cutlery and every time I use it my food presentation looks on point. Have you guys had similar experiences?

The last couple of years I use white, plain cutlery.
Before the pandemic, when we had family or friends for dinner I used a light gray with silver coloured decorations cutlery set that made everything seem more stylish and delicious!

penel:

The last couple of years I use white, plain cutlery.
Before the pandemic, when we had family or friends for dinner I used a light gray with silver coloured decorations cutlery set that made everything seem more stylish and delicious!

I’ve done the same thing-white plates. ^^ I have some Blue Willow plates I inherited from my grandmother for special occasions as well as some German plates made at a potter’s we bought in Germany which we use at Christmas.  

I would totally order that stunning salmon and rice. ❤️

Boring but nutritious.  Brown rice, spicy chickpeas, avocado, garden ripe tomatoes

I bought chilli cheese sourdough from the bakery and paired it with Thai basil chicken and a garden salad with chickpeas. The bread was too die for, just a bit of butter and tasted like chilli heaven with a hint of smokiness. 

My oven has died on me. SO until I find a good one in my budget I am gonna be roasting food on my pan. 

(╥_╥) 

Salmon with rosemary, kale with almonds and ginger, baked potato

Right now....while trying to decide which drama to watch,......I'm having blue corn chips with guacamole, 2 hard-boiled eggs and on my 2nd Modelo. Later,....Baked Chicken.

Chicken skewers with Greek salad and some white table grapes.

penel:

Chicken skewers with Greek salad and some white table grapes.

Going to need to hear about some of your great vacation food! ❤️

The Butterfly:

Going to need to hear about some of your great vacation food! ❤️

I gained 1 kilo this week, that's how delicious our vacation meals were!
I will share the details tomorrow :)

Black beans, sautéed collard greens with onion, baked sweet potato. 

I baked the sweet potatoes in my Instapot. The skins turned soft but the insides were nice and creamy.  They took nearly 40 minutes to cook so not a great timesaver and I did miss the crispy outside.  Still good might try again next time with russet potatoes or Yukon Golds.