Currently making some mac and cheese! It's quick, simple and cheap to make! Extra extra cheese please!

Biryani with butter chicken.
Happy new year everyone! :)

I'm a day late.  For New Year's we ate a traditional meal in this neck of the woods.  Black-eyed peas are supposed to be lucky but I mega-loathe them so I made a 15 bean soup that had a few in it.  They had to do all the lucky heavy lifting.  Also had collard greens (green like money) and cornbread (symbolizes gold for prosperity, too).  

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all the foodies out there!  Thank you for participating on this forum.  ^^

Half turkey and vegan cheddar on gluten free white sandwich

Tomato, kale, and white bean soup with biscuits.  

I forget that biscuits have different meanings.  Here they are quick bread made of flour, butter or lard, baking powder, and milk.  The dough is gently brought together and cut into rounds or squares and baked at a high temp.  They turn out golden, light and fluffy if all goes well, mistakes can end up in hockey pucks.  XD

I bought an air fryer recently so now I'm trying to fry different food every day! Today I made broccoli. (I mean, that alone wasn't dinner, I also had ravioli, but you know. :D)

I requested spices for Christmas from my sis and I received some that are unfamiliar to me.  Can anyone point me in the right direction for recipes?

Ras El Hanout--2 different varieties.  One has Ginger, Coriander, Granulated Honey, Turmeric, Cinnamon, Paprika, Rosebud, Cumin, Orange Peel, and Allspice in it.  The other one didn't list ingredients.  

Thanks in advance for any ideas you can give.  ^^

The Butterfly:

I requested spices for Christmas from my sis and I received some that are unfamiliar to me.  Can anyone point me in the right direction for recipes?

Ras El Hanout--2 different varieties.  One has Ginger, Coriander, Granulated Honey, Turmeric, Cinnamon, Paprika, Rosebud, Cumin, Orange Peel, and Allspice in it.  The other one didn't list ingredients.  

Thanks in advance for any ideas you can give.  ^^

Its just Moroccan spice. Gordon Ramsay uses it a lot in his recipes. You can just google his recipes - he calls it Moroccan spice. My personal favorite is this one - you can just use your Ras El Hanout instead of his spices.

https://gordonramsaydishes.com/gordon-ramsay-moroccan-lamb-tagine-recipe/

PeachBlossomGoddess:

Its just Moroccan spice. Gordon Ramsay uses it a lot in his recipes. You can just google his recipes - he calls it Moroccan spice. My personal favorite is this one - you can just use your Ras El Hanout instead of his spices.

https://gordonramsaydishes.com/gordon-ramsay-moroccan-lamb-tagine-recipe/

I used the link and it took me to a pay wall.  I’ll google Moroccan spice. It’s my first time to use it.   Thanks! ^^ And the next time I tried it took me to it. :)

The Butterfly:

I used the link and it took me to a pay wall.  I’ll google Moroccan spice. It’s my first time to use it.   Thanks! ^^ And the next time I tried it took me to it. :)

There are many copies of this recipe on many sites online - I have it in his cookbook and just googled it bc its one of my favorites. Just use the version that is not behind a paywall.  Gordon Ramsay makes a lot of stuff with Moroccan spice and in his cookbook he puts the blend he uses in the index and just calls it Moroccan spice blend in the recipe but the online versions just list the individual spices out. He has many delicious stews and soups using this blend of spices so just Google Gordon Ramsay Moroccan spice and a bunch of them should pop out.  His recipes are easy to do at home - all the other fancy cookbooks tend to be very complicated. Your blends should taste very nice bc Ras El Hanout just means superior blend of spices and everyone makes a slightly different blend. I used to buy it from Dean and Deluca when I lived in the US. Theirs is very good too though I don't remember whether they called it Ras El Hanout or just Moroccan Spice Blend.

Lamb is next to impossible to find where I live. It shows up around Easter in some places.  We do a more vegan/vegetarian lifestyle most of the year. During the holidays with guests and traditions we largely forego it.  Back on the beans and veggies diet. I did find a pumpkin and bean soup by Ramsay on-line with a similar spice mix.  I’m curious to see how we like the rose and other spices we aren’t familiar with.  

The Butterfly:

Lamb is next to impossible to find where I live. It shows up around Easter in some places.  We do a more vegan/vegetarian lifestyle most of the year. During the holidays with guests and traditions we largely forego it.  Back on the beans and veggies diet. I did find a pumpkin and bean soup by Ramsay on-line with a similar spice mix.  I’m curious to see how we like the rose and other spices we aren’t familiar with.  

Ah ok then maybe if you search for Middle Eastern or North African vegetarian recipes you may find more ideas. You could also try this channel - he also likes spicy food and has used comparable spices in his dishes. I am vegan twice a month and this is one of my Go To channels for ideas.

https://youtu.be/iY2pgVHOr98?si=C06aiyMerPj13hE6