where I live here in Great lakes region we enjoy fresh fish such as perch, bluegill, and the King of fresh water fish, out version of salmon, walleye!

and salad is traverse city cherry salad, with Mi cherry wine

JesusFan:

where I live here in Great lakes region we enjoy fresh fish such as perch, bluegill, and the King of fresh water fish, out version of salmon, walleye!

and salad is traverse city cherry salad, with Mi cherry wine

Fisherman here go mostly for black bass, largemouth bass, sand bass, crappy, and catfish.  We have perch, carp, and  pike but they are usually thrown back.  Although if the perch are big enough some people will keep them.  My dad fished and he’d often take his catch to a poor community and give them to people who wanted them. 

bluegill in a cold river or stream top notch, as are yellow perch, and walleye best fresh water fish around!

JesusFan:

bluegill in a cold river or stream top notch, as are yellow perch, and walleye best fresh water fish around!

We lived in the Pacific NW for a while where salmon fishing and steel head trout were popular.

like the pink eye salmon! Think that is the salmon that has those mones when cooked can be just chwed right down as so soft!

Ham/honey roasted turkey and cheddar sandwich with honey mustard then rice pudding with cinnamon after 

Amarillo bean tacos topped with tomatoes,  sautéed onions and peppers. Monterey rice on the side. 

Homemade pizza tonight with lots of veggies, tomato sauce with herbs, turkey and olive slices, and a mixture of mozzarella and cheddar on top.

penel:

Homemade pizza tonight with lots of veggies, tomato sauce with herbs, turkey and olive slices, and a mixture of mozzarella and cheddar on top.

Homemade pizza is so good because it’s designed around the family’s tastes.  I bet it was delicious!

Its best when made in the oven that can generate over 700 degrees as restaurant pizza many times made from ovens that do such extreme heat!

JesusFan:

Its best when made in the oven that can generate over 700 degrees as restaurant pizza many times made from ovens that do such extreme heat!

Most home ovens don’t get that hot but the fun of making them and using ingredients in a combination the individual or family loves more than makes up for the lack of a scorching hot or firewood oven. ❤️

The Butterfly:

Most home ovens don’t get that hot but the fun of making them and using ingredients in a combination the individual or family loves more than makes up for the lack of a scorching hot or firewood oven. ❤️

So true! Sometimes we make a large pizza divided in four different parts, with different ingredients to match everyone's taste :)

penel:

So true! Sometimes we make a large pizza divided in four different parts, with different ingredients to match everyone's taste :)

We’ve done that or made individual small ones where everyone can put what they want on them.  Reminiscent of decorating sugar cookies. Becomes a design competition.  ^^

Ramen with pork patties (from the Korean supermarket), and cheese.

Grumpy Witch:

Ramen with pork patties (from the Korean supermarket), and cheese.

The dinner of champions!  I’m watching a film where someone puts lemon juice on their ramen and now I’m lemon curious.