I also had Lentil Soup today lol! But it's the traditional Greek Lentil Stew, nothing fancy. This is really a "poor man's food" since it requires very few ingredients: 

• Regular Brown Lentils (medium or small will work)
  • 1 Onion
  • 2-3 cloves of Garlic
  • 1 can of tomatoes (paste/juice/concasse will all work fine)
  • olive oil
  • Spices & Herbs (the same spices we add to most "stifado" dishes, most important of which are cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice & cloves, plus orange peel & bay leaves)
  • And of course water :D
  • (Some times I "cheat" and also add a carrot into it though)

Btw, it's Too Hot to cook, so most of the days lately I just have some kind of salad/quick meal.

@Schmetterling   (The Butterfly) - thanks, i like this combo!

@Estelll  wow thats a nice twist too with those spices you use.  they might be standard for u, but more exotic for me!     and i agree, its too hot here in USA... but perhaps i’ll try on a rainy day :D

JoanneSmith:
@Estelll wow thats a nice twist too with those spices you use. they might be standard for u, but more exotic for me! and i agree, its too hot here in USA... but perhaps i’ll try on a rainy day :D

It's 32 C inside the house for the last month (34-40 C outside), and I don't use air-conditioner 'cause it makes me feel sick, only fans... so you can maybe understand my laziness, lol! :D 

Regarding the spices, if you're not used to them, better add small quantities at first... And if you don't have many, at least add cinnamon. And of course a bay leaf or two, and Orange Peel!! (it makes them very flavourful!)

JoanneSmith:

@Schmetterling   (The Butterfly) - thanks, i like this combo!

@Estelll  wow thats a nice twist too with those spices you use.  they might be standard for u, but more exotic for me!     and i agree, its too hot here in USA... but perhaps i’ll try on a rainy day :D

It is wretchedly hot and most of our meals have been quick.  Haven't felt too well lately and with the combo of an almost empty frig I went back to a comfort food and turned the air conditioning down.  XD

Estelll:

It's 32 C inside the house for the last month (34-40 C outside), and I don't use air-conditioner 'cause it makes me feel sick, only fans... so you can maybe understand my laziness, lol! :D 

Regarding the spices, if you're not used to them, better add small quantities at first... And if you don't have many, at least add cinnamon. And of course a bay leaf or two, and Orange Peel!! (it makes them very flavourful!)

i have them all, and was indeed eondering anout quantities.  u are reading my mind. LOL  I can kinda guess though. 

charcoal grilled burgers and baked sweet potatoes

Chickpea and veggie salad.

Pork steak (mieh for me as always, I'm not a fan of pork) and egg fried rice (^_^)! 

Also had lots of fresh figs for snack, and now I'm thinking of what to make with the rest of them before they go bad, because I have a whole basket I was given. Any ideas?

I made chicken pesto pasta with peas, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes.

@Estelll I also am not a fan of pork. I have never had fresh figs but I always thought they looked yummy. Maybe someone else will have some good ideas. 

Sweet Potatoes in the garden like i had to fry it with leaves lol . And Chicken Soup.

Estelll:

Pork steak (mieh for me as always, I'm not a fan of pork) and egg fried rice (^_^)! 

Also had lots of fresh figs for snack, and now I'm thinking of what to make with the rest of them before they go bad, because I have a whole basket I was given. Any ideas?

My friend used to make fig jam and give to all her friends as gifts at Christmas.  With covid going on the friend -thing won't work, but making jam for yourself sure is delicious.

Grilled chicken marinated in Maple balsamic vinegrette, Sides: tomato & fresh mozzarella salad as well as a cucumber salad. 

Chapati and Aloo Matar