Sashimi, rice, miso soup!!

Decided to try the healthier version of the usual tacos by swapping the tortilla for lettuce. It was surprisingly still really good. Though I did really miss the taste of the tortillas, I could still see myself making this alternative again.

Tonight I had Georgia Brunswick stew for dinner. It takes forever to make, but it goes perfectly with the season.

WanSko:

Tonight I had Georgia Brunswick stew for dinner. It takes forever to make, but it goes perfectly with the season. 

What's in it?  I'm always looking for new ideas.  :)

Warm and sunny.  Chickpea salad for lunch-chickpeas, zucchini, tomato, red bell pepper, chives, cashews, olive oil and a little mayo.

meager offerings at house currently. mango puree, couple spoonfuls chicken, brown rice, curry powder

whatever my mom is making

one banana and a leftover cabbage stew

*raises hand* O/

could you ladies (and gentlemen?) tell me your opinion on buying spices in glass versus plastic bottles? i prefer glass. somehow i ran out of all i had around but newest bottle of curry powder. thinking of buying garlic (biggest quantity the better!), cumin and ginger. what might be some other 'everything' sort spices? canned chicken seems to be the only meat i can get hit or miss. otherwise have found some gluten free pastas to get protein from. missing refrigerated and frozen foods soso much. have to buy my groceries online at amazon prime now. last in a local store /left house was early july!

eightocci:

*raises hand* O/

could you ladies (and gentlemen?) tell me your opinion on buying spices in glass versus plastic bottles? i prefer glass. somehow i ran out of all i had around but newest bottle of curry powder. thinking of buying garlic (biggest quantity the better!), cumin and ginger. what might be some other 'everything' sort spices? canned chicken seems to be the only meat i can get hit or miss. otherwise have found some gluten free pastas to get protein from. missing refrigerated and frozen foods soso much. have to buy my groceries online at amazon prime now. last in a local store /left house was early july!

Are you in a dorm?  No frig?  Do you have a stove or hot plate, microwave?

@ butterfly

i live alone (own house)

refrigerator/freezer yes, gas stove/oven yes, microwave yes

cannot get refrigerated or frozen foods from amazon because delivery companies do not have those cooling options available (per previous ups hub experience)

dindins to make in a moment ... chickpea flour rotini with organic sweet potato/o carrots/o apples/o beef/o potatoes/o olive oil/o onions/sea salt and o lemon juice puree. hoping (crossing fingers) puree not overly sweet. the chickpea pasta tastes like 'normal' to me eating gluten free by choice

eightocci:
i live alone (own house)

Do any of the grocery stores deliver or offer pick-up services?  I haven't stepped foot in a store since last spring, but we do pick up grocery orders at a place where the workers all wear masks.

In answer to your question, I use spices in both plastic and glass although I do transfer a lot of my commonly used spices into uniform class containers.

@ butterfly

due to lack of cash i only shop where online food stamps use offered to me. prefer amazon but walmart is my only other option. pretty sure all stores around me have delivery and/or pick up available but must pay with debit/credit card. i have told dad if i am choosing not to leave house because virus situation out there why would i ask him to (re: no transportation)?

got distracted. still need to go fix dinner

p.s. why did i get notifications of new posts but not get any new posts until you?

eightocci:

@ butterfly

due to lack of cash i only shop where online food stamps use offered to me. prefer amazon but walmart is my only other option. pretty sure all stores around me have delivery and/or pick up available but must pay with debit/credit card. i have told dad if i am choosing not to leave house because virus situation out there why would i ask him to (re: no transportation)?

got distracted. still need to go fix dinner

p.s. why did i get notifications of new posts but not get any new posts until you?

Not sure, I've been getting notifications but haven't seen some of the posts either.

eightocci:

*raises hand* O/

I buy my spices in large packets and then transfer them to glass bottles (empty pasta sauce jars work great for this! Esp since I have a ton of them all in the same size). Of course using plastic bottles is probably also fine too but I find that the spices start to stain the plastic bottles if they are stored in them for too long. 

The spices you mentioned already are my go-to "everything" sort of spices. I usually use the curry powder as a substitute for anything calling for paprika or cayenne powder so you can probably make do without those. But if you want others I can suggest red chili pepper flakes, nutmeg and dried herbs (oregano, basil, thyme and bay leaves)? Good luck!

Tonight we had beef green curry with steamed white rice.