For dinner we had peri peri  chicken roast, bought from the supermarket already seasoned and just plopped in the oven for 1hr.  It was slightly charred on top, should have given it 50 mins, but it was delish.  The sauce was made from the dripping, sauteed onions, a can of sweet corn from the cupboard and thickened with arrowroot.  We had this over boiled noodles.  

The Butterfly:

Fast Food before the cooking/baking begins tomorrow.  Zucchini, peppers, hominy, tomatoes warm soft tacos with lots of spices.  :)

Same here XD Chicken shawarma and samosas.

couscous  (traditional plate in my country)

Inari sushi, miso soup, salmon and avocado sashimi

Christmas Dinner!!! like turkey and pigs in blankets and yorkies and the like

In my crockpot is curried goat and sweet potatoes, slow cooked for 8 hrs.  This will be served with Jamaican rice and peas (red kidney beans) cooked in coconut milk.   Sides will include fried ripe plantains, steamed veg and coleslaw.  For desert - mince pies and Haagen-Dazs pralines & cream.  Homemade ginger beer will add a fiery punch.

CHRISTMAS EVE dinner

Lasagna, sautéed kale, crusty bread.  Heaven.  :)

CHRISTMAS DAY,  ate leftovers in our pajamas.  XD

Chicken soup and some rice

My husband wanted a big country (think farmer's)  breakfast for lunch before he goes back to the land of mostly plants in 2021.  We differ in definition because he's from further south than I am, but here goes:

Scrambled eggs, bacon, grits, and biscuits.  From my neck of the woods there would always be sausage gravy on on those biscuits and hash browns instead of grits, but whatever I can do for marital harmony.  ^^

I ate dosa and chutney 

Toshikoshi soba , sushi , miso soup

Lucky New Year’s Meal

Where I’m from black-eyed  peas must be eaten as they are considered lucky on the 1st.   Problem is I hate them.  How I resolve that problem is by making twelve bean soup with a few in it.    So 12 Bean Soup, Sautéed Bok Choy (greens are also lucky), and Roasted Sweet Potatoes. 

Too early to tell :)

The Butterfly:

Lucky New Year’s Meal

Where I’m from black-eyed  peas must be eaten as they are considered lucky on the 1st.   Problem is I hate them.  How I resolve that problem is by making twelve bean soup with a few in it.    So 12 Bean Soup, Sautéed Bok Choy (greens are also lucky), and Roasted Sweet Potatoes. 

Sounds yummy, and so healthy!. I still have no idea what I will make. Will have to raid the freezer and see what we have to work with.

Instead I'll tell what we had for breakfast:

pancakes, bacon, scrambled eggs with cheese, and potatoes with onion and bell pepper.