I think it is the other site that was arrested. This is posted on maplestage's site

"Note: Maplestage™ has no relations with 8maple.ru

We were made aware of the 8maple.ru situation hours after we shut down our services. Due to the impeccable timing, we feel the need to clarify that maplestage.com has no relations with the other entity. They started using our Chinese branding (楓林網) sometime after we gained popularity in the early years. We asked them to stop using our name countless times but did not get any meaningful response. We did trademark the English name "Maplestage". But because we are US-based, we could not find any reasonable way to protect the Chinese counterpart. In the end we had to give up trying.

Maplestage.com is shutting down now primarily due to the ongoing Pandemic. This global crisis had made our already small Ad revenue stream non-existent."

(Plus, I doubt the authorities would just let them post a note on their site before arresting them. Just a thought.)

Yukiko1:

I think it is the other site that was arrested. This is posted on maplestage's site

"Note: Maplestage™ has no relations with 8maple.ru

We were made aware of the 8maple.ru situation hours after we shut down our services. Due to the impeccable timing, we feel the need to clarify that maplestage.com has no relations with the other entity. They started using our Chinese branding (楓林網) sometime after we gained popularity in the early years. We asked them to stop using our name countless times but did not get any meaningful response. We did trademark the English name "Maplestage". But because we are US-based, we could not find any reasonable way to protect the Chinese counterpart. In the end we had to give up trying.

Maplestage.com is shutting down now primarily due to the ongoing Pandemic. This global crisis had made our already small Ad revenue stream non-existent."

(Plus, I doubt the authorities would just let them post a note on their site before arresting them. Just a thought.)

Thanks for information.. Their reply was posted only after this article. As I did send them the article to enquire. 

I feel sad anyway for maple stage was one  best website even  better than another charge for view the drama I hope really one day come back

Dramaqq.com provides raw cdrama streams, sometimes they were quicker than maplestage. I'm quite sadden by the loss of maplestage though, I've used them for many years. They're the most organized site imo I can just go to the chinese drama section and can find the most recent dramas up-to-date. T.T I hope they come back after the quarantine! >.< 

Foodie:

Not due to Covid-19. They are arrested.

They are NOT arrested, maplestage.com clearly stated this issue on their site. You obviously did not read their notice. lol 

Hyukfied:

They are NOT arrested, maplestage.com clearly stated this issue on their site. You obviously did not read their notice. lol 

And you did not read my acknowledgement after the message was posted. They released the message only after...What a NP. ..

Yuanwei:
Yes, it works. :D you should try it. I watched like 30 movies this week on kissasian hahaha

Yes, it seems to work, thanks! But it doesn't block all those pesky ads that are embedded all around the site and the 'block element' option is very glitchy. I spend a lot of time just trying to get it to stick to the area I want to block. Sometimes it will only allow me to block a whole entire area, including the drama links ... which I of course don't want. Also I can only block stuff page by page. The blocks I apply on the homepage for example doesn't propagate throughout the site.  Is it the same for you?

When I was able to use UBlock on Kissasian, it blocked everything everywhere on the site, which was very convenient & made for a more pleasant browsing experience. I didn't have to go page by page and manually block elements. 

Yuanwei Volunteer Staff
 PrettyCarEye:

Yes, it seems to work, thanks! But it doesn't block all those pesky ads that are embedded all around the site and the 'block element' option is very glitchy. I spend a lot of time just trying to get it to stick to the area I want to block. Sometimes it will only allow me to block a whole entire area, including the drama links ... which I of course don't want. Also I can only block stuff page by page. The blocks I apply on the homepage for example doesn't propagate throughout the site.  Is it the same for you?

When I was able to use UBlock on Kissasian, it blocked everything everywhere on the site, which was very convenient & made for a more pleasant browsing experience. I didn't have to go page by page and manually block elements. 

You don't really have to block the elements unless they still bother the video. Just go to Settings and then Blocking Settings and Fairness settings, and make sure you are blocking all kinds of ads and also don't allow any ad. It should do the trick. 

Ublock and other ad blocks for some reason are detected by KA and the videos get blocked, unlike Fair Adblocker. :( I prefer a few ads than not watching at all. :D There are also other sites where dramas/movies can be watched besides KA. I'm mainly using it cuz it's more convenient but when I don't find what I want I either check the other sites or download from avistaz. ^~^

Yuanwei:

You can use Fair Ad Blocker. It should block almost if not all pop-ups.

I downloaded ad blocker plus it seems to be working well for now for kissasian,so thank you so much for your suggestion it really helps me and others :)

Yuanwei Volunteer Staff
 roseprincess:

I downloaded ad blocker plus it seems to be working well for now for kissasian,so thank you so much for your suggestion it really helps me and others :)

That's great. ^~^

Yuanwei:

That's great. ^~^

oh no so i just started a drama but suddenly it stopped and poped a message saying i have to disable adblocker to see it..what should i do?

Yuanwei Volunteer Staff
 roseprincess:

oh no so i just started a drama but suddenly it stopped and poped a message saying i have to disable adblocker to see it..what should i do?

Hmmm... this never happened to me before. I was watching Tale of Nokdu earlier, and it worked perfectly. I also watched Rugal, Memorist and King: The Eternal Monarch on Kissasian today and had no issue.

Do you have other adblockers active by chance? Might be because of them.

Shi :

Disable it and just play it like you usually do and it will play! :D

I disabled it but the ads pop at the left side of the drama :( 

Do you know any other good ones for firefox that wont block me from watching drama? thank you.

Yuanwei Volunteer Staff
 roseprincess:

I disabled it but the ads pop at the left side of the drama :( 

Do you know any other good ones for firefox that wont block me from watching drama? thank you.

You should use Chrome then cuz Fair AdBlocker works with it. I use Chrome. 

I don't think there's any that works for Kissasian on Firefox, but maybe someone knows. :D