There's no right or wrong here, I'm just curious to know about other people's rating habits ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

- I rate dramas after I'm finished the whole show

- So there there are no ratings on my On Hold list

- I rate every single drama I complete

- I've only rated 3 dramas of the 33 I've dropped (I rated them because I actively hated them and wanted to remind myself of that fact so I never try to pick them back up lol)

How about you?  

I have the same habit as you, I usually like to rate them once I've watched it cause sometimes a drama can be good then the ending is bad or the other way round. So, it's better to stick it out and see how it holds up.  :) 

When the drama is good but the ending is bad, argh thats the worst! 

I'm getting better at dropping dramas that i'm not enjoying so i guess i don't stick around long enough now to see a bad drama get better towards the end!

I usually rate after completing dramas or if I have a few more episodes left. However, in that case the rating may change after I see the ending because good/bad ending can affect it quite a bit. If the ending leaves a bad taste in my mouth it can ruin the whole drama for me, and the other way around, if I love the ending I'm willing to ignore a lot and give it a rating higher than it deserves. 

yeah I rate while watching but there were a few exceptions like I don't know what to rate them so I leave it unrated until halfway or at the end...

For most dramas, I do wait for when I complete it. But for those on my 'on hold', i dont usually rate them. But for the ones I dropped, i rate them below 5.

tanavanas:

I usually rate after completing dramas or if I have a few more episodes left. However, in that case the rating may change after I see the ending because good/bad ending can affect it quite a bit. If the ending leaves a bad taste in my mouth it can ruin the whole drama for me, and the other way around, if I love the ending I'm willing to ignore a lot and give it a rating higher than it deserves. 

Yeah I feel similarly about endings, it can change my whole attitude to a drama and a really satisfying ending can make me much more forgiving!

llmsy:

I also only rate shows I've finished since my feelings usually change from start to end. I never rate anything that is on hold or dropped, since it feels unfair to slap a rating on something I have not/will never finish...

yeah i don't generally like to rate something I didn't finish. 

if I don't like it because its not my thing, i don't rate it because its just not for me and that doesn't make it objectively bad. also if the acting or plot is not well done i still don't want to give  a bad rating because there are dramas ive enjoyed in spite of a weak plot or ropey acting!

I've got 2 dropped dramas that i've rated because i watched almost all of the eps but felt like the drama romanticised problematic behaviour.  (I had a 3rd but i just changed it to unrated because it was from my early drama watching days and i just thought the plot and acting were poor)

If the drama is damn good I rate them by episode but also rate them overall in the end.