Welcome all! Feel free to post related stuff ~

Welcome to all new members! Has anyone started on the monthly challenge?

[April] Scream Challenge

"The Medium"

STORY●●○○○

SCREAM FACTOR ●○○○○

CREEP FACTOR ●●●○○ 

OVERALL ●●○○○

The plus = cinematography, story steeped in shamanism, possessed person acted well

The negatives = extremely sluggish pace, redundant first half, lot of missed creep/scream scenes, crappy ending

Overall: 

Just like my March Scream challenge I felt this movie could do with some serious editing. The first half (1.1 hours) was mainly redundant and could have been cut as short as 10-15 mins. The second half is where the story picks up but the scenes were more gory than creepy to me. There was almost no scare/horror in this movie unless you are a person that scares easily. 

And boy was I disappointed with that crappy ending! I expected more from the director of Shutter & Alone. The latter of which is also in this month's challenge. A 2/5 for me.

I'll be posting a more in-depth review here soon.

Fourthaxis:

I have Watched 2 out of 6
but I plan to add my reviews/ thoughts all at once in a nice table (if I can be bothered) so I am not spamming the page (:

We welcome that sort of spamming! 

There's no need to bother too much with the deep reviews. We are all in the same boat. :)

Fourthaxis:

We welcome that sort of spamming! 

There's no need to bother too much with the deep reviews. We are all in the same boat. :)

:)
thats good bc I have a hard time putting all my thoughts into words and sentences  

As can be seen from above, my review was a lot of symbols, phrases and half formed thoughts excepting a few closing sentences. :)

Fourthaxis:

Thank you! And yes I’m done watching “Thirst” so I’ll put my review below. 

(Btw I liked the categories you used, hope you don’t mind me doing the same ^^)

STORY●●●○○

ACTING●●●●○

SCREAM FACTOR ●○○○○

CREEP FACTOR ●●●○○

OVERALL ●●●○○

It was a really disturbing movie. I’m not surprised to see that it was directed by Park Chan Wook because it felt the same as “I’m a cyborg, but that’s ok”. Some scenes were so raw that I had a hard time watching, especially because of the disgusting mouth sounds they kept using (And be aware that it has a lot of nudity and sex content). But overall that was not really creepy, and followed a basic - yet really weird at times - vampire story. I liked how they portrayed love and how we have a lot of flaws as humans, even if the behavior of some characters was the real scary part o-o when Taeju was putting the scissors in her husband's mouth repeatedly…. Also, I thought the end was well done and an easy way to clear the mess lol.

I do have mixed feelings, but it was entertaining enough so it’s a 8/10. :)

Vmeans:
I do have mixed feelings, but it was entertaining enough so it’s a 8/10. :)

Nice review! Seems more like a gory sort of movie than occult. The actions seem more horrifying in the sense you are revolted watching it. Did I get it right?

Haven't seen Thirst as I was going to watch Kwaidan next. 

And feel free to pick up the categories, they were posted by @ Perfect so it'd be great if everyone can rate the challenges using it and share the textual review as well. :)

Fourthaxis:
Nice review! Seems more like a gory sort of movie than occult. The actions seem more horrifying in the sense you are revolted watching it. Did I get it right?

Yeah, that was more the gory type, but the scenes were light, just a lot of blood. I guess it could have been creepier in real life, but it was more focused on the characters and storyline. And you got it perfectly, it makes you revolted and wondering what you are watching. x)

Fourthaxis:
Haven't seen Thirst as I was going to watch Kwaidan next.

And feel free to pick up the categories, they were posted by @ Perfect so it'd be great if everyone can rate the challenges using it and share the textual review as well. :)

Thanks! I'll see Kwaidan next too. :)

Hi, I have found most of the movies on dramacool and Netflix in my country. Unable to find Kwaidan and Thirst anywhere. Any idea as to where can I watch these? 

The Witty Psycho:
Hi, I have found most of the movies on dramacool and Netflix in my country. Unable to find Kwaidan and Thirst anywhere. Any idea as to where can I watch these? 

I illegally stream old Japanese Movies. (hides)

Hello, hello and welcome to all new members! Been a while since I last stepped in here (^ν^)

I’ve watched Thirst a few years back but I couldn’t really remember how it went, except for the, uhh, sex scenes and other weird stuff (゚ω゚) But like what Vmeans had mentioned, it’s not really creepy. 

Will be watching The Piper for this month’s challenge

٩( ᐛ )و

Ooh, that sounds interesting. Let us know how it goes! ^^

awkward potato:
Will be watching The Piper for this month’s challenge

٩( ᐛ )و