Dear all of us...

We love 'em...We hate 'em. We can't resist them. We don't want someone to spoil us unless we want to be spoiled...right?

I've noticed and I know I'm not the only one..That Spoilers are running amok here on MDL. Schzoom! There went one! I see them peaking their naughty little spoilery heads in random threads. I see them in reviews. (That's a NO NO!) They are everywhere they are NOT supposed to be.

here's what I think...Spoilers should be two places....

IN WHITE TEXT WITH A BOLD AND CLEAR WARNING

Or in a Discussion thread where Spoilers are in a BOLD AND CLEAR WARNING

..I've been guilty of letting a spoiler or two slip myself. I am not above reproach! But Ladies and Gentlefolk, Noonas and Oppas! Let's try and be better about this shall we?!

Okay..You can now flame me here...or agree! agreeing would be better.

Love, Jeanie
Yes please! THis is how it should look:

(insert drama/movie title) Spoiler in white >>>>>>>>>>spoiler goes here<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
In order to see the spoiler, just highlight the text with your mouse.
I agree with you Jeanie! I've seen reviews that spoil a drama or give a slip about the ending and it just ruins the surprise for me. Or when people write spoilers, we might do it accidentally but I agree with you, we need to think about what we say before posting it. If you think it might be a spoiler - state what drama/movie/whatever you're writing about and put it in white like **spoiler goes here** and that way only people who have seen the drama/movie/whatever will highlight it and read it.
and even more important ..if you highlight that spoiler..it's on YOU! You chose to look.

~Look, here's the thing...i want to go to a Show Thread and post all about what I liked and hated. In a discussion thread it should be pretty obvious you are going to be somewhat spoiled! We are DISCUSSING THAT DRAMA!!!! But if you are totally giving things away...post in white! or a warn in BOLD

But everywhere else it should be in white with a bold warning...

just saying...
...and in reviews...NEVER
jeanie65jh wrote: ...and in reviews...NEVER

I second this!

I third this...

I've read some reviews with some mighty spoilers, which make me want to click "Not Helpful". And I'm pretty sure it says like 3 times "NO SPOILERS"...lol

If I ever post spoilers, which I try not to, anyone can call me on it, since I hate spoilers myself...:D

I fourth this!
LisNoir wrote: I

If I ever post spoilers, which I try not to, anyone can call me on it, since I hate spoilers myself...:D

This does not include discussion threads, which is a given....lol

Or in our temporary--->Spoiler system<----
Yes...NO to spoilers anywhere else but the discussion threads..if any other threads, then kindly use the white text with a clear warning (as Jeanie explained it above) ^_^
kamz wrote: Yes...NO to spoilers anywhere else but the discussion threads..if any other threads, then kindly use the white text with a clear warning (as Jeanie explained it above) ^_^

I bet you LOVE this thread...lol
yes and btw....to Dearest PinkDiamond and Graphicfighter...and possibly one other person...Sorry I slipped up those three times! I feel such shame. Please forgive me!

...see! We all make mistakes! *skulks away from her own thread*
LisNoir wrote: I bet you LOVE this thread...lol

i DO lol..you know how much i HATE it haha...and btw, i thought you were sleeping WTH?!!!!..
Totally agree. If I post a spoiler, please let me know. I think it would be helpful for the OP to add the actual code used to change the color to white. I remember that I didn't understand how to do it the first time I saw it in a thread. Maybe show how to bold too, so there are no excuses :)