I'm also one of the many that study with TTMIK. I only finished Level 1 but it was good to listen to their explanations instead of just trying to figure stuff out from watching dramas^^ Does anyone know of any really basic learning resources? Like stories, videos or games that are meant for young Korean children so that I can practice reading and understanding simple sentences.
I started a few months ago.. But I 'm a little busy nowadays.
I'm learning it by myself. I can read and write Hangul , and make some little and easy sentences.
How do you guys learn Korean??? I'm trying to learn, but it's super hard. I can't buy Rosetta Stone because I don't have money and still a kid T-T please if someone could help meeeeeee. Hopefully someone will reply to this. Add me if you know where I can learnnn!!!! PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :(((((((((((((((((((((((((
FatPanda wrote: How do you guys learn Korean??? I'm trying to learn, but it's super hard. I can't buy Rosetta Stone because I don't have money and still a kid T-T please if someone could help meeeeeee. Hopefully someone will reply to this. Add me if you know where I can learnnn!!!! PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :(((((((((((((((((((((((((

Many Koreans are searching for "tandem study partners" all over the world. You teach them English and they teach you Korean in return. I never tried it so I have no idea if it works. That's an alternative if there are no classes offered in your region or you can't afford those.

Attending classes is the best thing you can do to learn a language. Being in a group with a teacher makes you learn 10 times faster than what you can teach yourself at home. It's definitely worth it, if you're considering it.

Since there aren't any classes around here yet (I already contacted the school and asked to be signed up for a future class. Let's see when that will take place..) I use "Integrated Korean" book & workbook to teach myself the basics. It's great even if you don't know anything yet. I'd definitely always start with Hangeul! Romanizations don't bring you far. Most books don't even have them (which I think is great).

Of course, watching Dramas helps teach you the basic pronounciation and some vocabulary. :)

I just applied for three korean classes and contacted a private instructor. I hope I'll finally get going now!
Hello, I just start to learn also the Korean Language. I start to read and write some words if you want to contact with me let me know. It will be good if you will contact with me. I don't speak them yet :( because i don't have no one to speak with.
Yiota wrote: Hello, I just start to learn also the Korean Language. I start to read and write some words if you want to contact with me let me know. It will be good if you will contact with me. I don't speak them yet :( because i don't have no one to speak with.

Hey, you should try www.livemocha.com ! There you can find someone to talk Korean with you, and you can help someone with ur own language. I'm using it to get better on my speaking. :3
I got a reply from one of the schools I applied to that they have a class starting NEXT WEEK! I sent my application and now I hope they accept me. That would be amazing. :D
devitto wrote: I got a reply from one of the schools I applied to that they have a class starting NEXT WEEK!

I sent my application and now I hope they accept me. That would be amazing. :D

I wish you good luck! :)
i only know about yoooo or yaaaaaa that i heard it after everything they said lol i know u should use it after saying anything for someone u don't know as formal or something like that ,oh i have 4 words too i hope this lesson was helpful lol
I found this on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN4mysljHYc&list=PLtpD-S0-QzaFcAMAT17sOi6GdH-r2SWKY&index=1

It really helped me. I didn't even know how to read or write. But now I know a little! Although I'm still a bit slow at the reading and writing but at least I can do it ^-^
I dl'd some nice apply for my Iphone (they are free) worked really good to learn hangul
I downloaded rosetta stone about a year ago. It works pretty well with the basics. Lang-8 is useful. If you know how to write and read Korean that is. You write entries and they are corrected by native speakers and you can help them with their English. I used this for Japanese. When people corrected my entries, I had no idea what they were saying. That's the con of it.
i know few words :) i want to lear to speak and write korean my abition to learn korean language is because of dramas and i think more you watch dramas and listen korean more you learn :)
dramacrazier wrote: i know few words :) i want to lear to speak and write korean my abition to learn korean language is because of dramas and i think more you watch dramas and listen korean more you learn :)

That is, if you actually listen. If you just read the subs you don't learn anything. :D