Anyone here learning Korean? I'm a big fan of K-Pop and am hooked on Strong Woman Do Bong Soon now and just started learning Korean. Picked up basic Hangul in class and am now using Viki Learn (https://welcome.learn.viki.com) because I can watch dramas while clicking on the EN and KR subs to see the word's meaning.

If you're learning Korean, what resources are you using currently? Have you used Viki Learn and what do you think of it?

I'm using multiple books and Talk to Me in Korean. The book I currently like the best is Tuttles "Elementary Korean".  I like watching "King of Masked Singer" (which I enjoy anyway) because they put the Korean lyrics in the corner (like most music shows) but they also put some of the quotes in Korean on the screen and you have the Eng subs too since viki learn doesn't work when you use google cast. I think a number of the variety shows are the same.

I use a variety of methods: private tutoring, books, YouTube ... but I find that Duolingo has helped me more than anything else with consistent daily practice! Since it's an app that's on my phone, it's easy to remember to do lessons. Duo also sends you reminders when its time to study & you can win Duo 'money' called lingots that you can use to 'buy' cool stuff that aids in your learning! Highly recommended for beginners or anyone who just wants to get a taste of the language! I've learned so many new words & feel more confident making basic sentences than ever before! :-)

If u have discord there's a Korean language learning server:

Let's Learn Korean Discord Server!
This server is for people who want to learn the Korean language. We share resources, ask questions regarding the language and culture and will be hosting events like Reading Circles in the future. There is a Korean only channel for those who wish to improve their speaking skills or just tune in to improve their listening comprehension.

1. Treat each other with respect!
2. We do NOT tolerate NSFW Content, Racism, Malware, Pirated Material!
3. Don't advertise any servers!
4. Don't spam!
5. The usage of private bots is prohibited

Permanent Instant Invite:  https://discord.gg/e3H9Pde
Please use that link when posting this server somewhere.

URGENT : Hello guys! I really need help with something and I'm quite desesperate lol. If you have a good korean level or something equivalent I guess... can you help me with this korean homework for my uni courses (it's beginner level but my Korean is really not that great and I need to turn it ASAP!!!). I would be eternally grateful if any of you is willing to help me!!!

Just so you have an idea of the homework level (I'll put the first pages here, it's not so much with the vocabulary questions that I need help with but the grammar and verbs ones !!)

I've just started learning to read, and write Hangul, having absorbed a bit of the alphabet (and language) by watching dramas and related content.

It's hard learning a new alphabet (even though it's a phonetic one) as my other second language uses the Latin alphabet with accents.