I recently got into K-dramas , and while I love watching them, I'm still trying to adapt to Korean names. So can someone please explain the naming system? and what are some popular Korean boy and girl names?

Traditionally, Koreans put their surnames first and their personal names last because they're all about family and want to show how family is more important than the individual living in it. Starting a family is a great honor in Korean culture and is the reason why they prefer it this way. Most east-Asian nations hold similar traditions, but Koreans pay special attention to it.

The names often consist of 2-3 syllables with a 2-1 or 1-2 structure, though there are exceptions. 1-2 is the more common one with the personal name being the 2 syllable one.

However, they do have two different ways that they present their names in, that's because Koreans who desired to adapt more to the culture of Western nations decided to reverse the order .

Some of the more popular Korean boy names are Dong-hyun, Seo-jun, Jeong-hoon and Ji-hoon.  Girl names: Seo-yeon, Ha-eun and Ji-yoo.