So what are the opinions of everyone so far? I found this darker brooding role for Park Min Young very different than her typical perky girlfriend roles. 

I absolutely love this drama already. It feels a lot different from your average cookie cutter k-drama. All the actors are coming off as really natural in their roles. I'm glad Park Min Young took this role, it suits her a lot and is a break away from her past two dramas. The Im Eun Sub character practically seems to have been tailor written for Seo Kang Jo. He pulls off the undeniable dorkyness and mellowness so well, you can't help but root for this character. I also adore Lee Jae Wook's character, he is such a versatile actor already, his character here has an earnestness and sweetness to it, the polar opposite of his previous bad boy role and the vibe of this  character is different from his  character in WWW:Search. He makes each of his characters so unique. I've seen Im Se Mi in various supporting roles before and this by far seems to be the superior, complex and nuanced role out of the lot for her. Moon Jung Hee as the perpetual sunglasses wearing aunt has such a mysterious aura, her character seems straight out of an indie Western film, I'm really intrigued by her character's background story.

TLDR; I love all the characters. I have high hopes from this drama that it will be a meaningful and healing story, one for the ages.

I hope the FL character starts smiling again instead of the zoned out looking expression... I understand her having that expression in high school since she was bullied and the situation with her mom but I'm the present she shouldn't be.... I am wondering if her aunt's <spoiler> headaches, brain tumor? and head trauma is related to the FL's mom killing her father??? Maybe she was trying to defend her sister, niece, or herself from the abusive father and she hit her head and if caused her illness... They still havent said why her mom killed her dad but it is usually about abuse and sometomes inheritance but I think it was abuse </spoiler> 

I do NOT want another love triangle with Lee Jae Wook... It had been 10 years so pick another girl so you won't get hurt please 

im watching it just bcuz i love minyoung lmao

@runyoucleverboyandrememb  The drama is a true gem ... and I am glad about your review ... your review is very well written ... and similar to my opinion and feelings for this drama (and I watched the last dramas with Park Min Young, too).
 I like the familiar side of this drama, the wonderful view of the Korean country and nature and I love love love the camera work/cinematography so much. The story is interesting, sometimes calm, then a little bit happy, deep, thoughtful, sad, desperate and hopeful ...  I am curious where the journey will went to.

This drama makes me feel so warm and cosy. The ongoing theme of winter is great and the aesthetics of this this drama is so beautiful. I've been waiting to see Seo Kang-Joon (swoon) as a ML for the longest time and never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined him in this role. It's perfect! Oh and Park Min-Young is great in this (as always). The drama gives me 'Something in the Rain' vibes in terms of the slow pace of the drama. Also, Hae-Won, her mom, and aunt are really strong, badass characters and I'm at the edge of seat ready to find out their back story

I like this drama a lot (watched ep 4 tonight). It's very calm, thoughtful, a bit sad  - it seems like many of the characters are sad for some reason or other... they all have their story, I guess. 

Mild spoilers up to ep 4 below.

The story about the wolf's silver eyebrow and Eun Sub's walk in the mountains made me feel there's something interesting going on. I'm thinking his mom must have a reason for "over reacting" about him going up in the mountain... Also, why "Irene"? Lots of questions waiting to be answered...

What do you think about the former best friend and the "misunderstanding"? I think that from a teenager's point of view, it made some kind of sense to her to protect her friend from rumors about pregnancy (judging by 14 sai no haha, teenagers do not react well to pregnant classmates!) and she didn't mean any harm, BUT I think that as an adult, she should already have realised her mistake. Because of course Hae Won is right that the truth made it a lot worse for her than a fake rumor! And that's what she seemed not to understand. Yes, it might have seemed like a misunderstanding to her at the time, but by now, she should simply apologize. That's how I feel. 

The little sister Hui - how old is she supposed to be?? She has a crush on a boy who is thinking about going to university soon, so is she actually that age, or does she just have a crush on someone much older? Because she seems like she is 13 at most! But the actress is older than that, so she confuses me. 

I'm watching episode 8... 

I wonder what it is about the mountain that makes the mother freak out so much! And the cabin? It's only a 30 minutes walk, and there is a path up there, it's not in the middle of no where. I'm thinking something must have happened in his childhood... 

Also, why did he become so cold?

Lily_B:

I'm watching episode 8... 

I wonder what it is about the mountain that makes the mother freak out so much! And the cabin? It's only a 30 minutes walk, and there is a path up there, it's not in the middle of no where. I'm thinking something must have happened in his childhood... 

Also, why did he become so cold?

I suspect he was abandoned by his mother in that cabin and probably nearly died... Which is why it's a weird place for him and his adoptive parents. Probably also why he can't let himself just love Have Won, because of his trauma. 

I love the setting of this drama, you rarely see the raw country side in Dramas and this resonated a lot with me. I hope they find healing in each other... Loved EP. 8.

DaliaB:

I suspect he was abandoned by his mother in that cabin and probably nearly died... Which is why it's a weird place for him and his adoptive parents. Probably also why he can't let himself just love Have Won, because of his trauma. 

I love the setting of this drama, you rarely see the raw country side in Dramas and this resonated a lot with me. I hope they find healing in each other... Loved EP. 8. 

I considered that option... it seems very strange though... Another thing I considered is that he is perhaps adopted and born in that cabin - so he goes there to remember. That does sound strange also... but of course there is an explanation, and I'll just have to keep watching to find out! (And I'm going to do that right now!) 

I gave up on it. It was moving so very slow and the flashbacks were too much to take. At the end of 5 I just jumped to the end. I am not a spoiler. But it just wasn't for me.

I actually loved brooding Park Min Young because it was so different from her previous dramas, but she's turned into the cutesy girlfriend in recent episodes. Spoiler: I I didn't like her reading Eun Seob's diary and then tease him for it one bit

Ii still really like this drama but the secondary characters are more interesting. They make me smile, especially Hwi (and her unicorn crush) and Jang Woo. t.

Haha! Isn't it funny how people always have so different opinions on the same thing. For someone, this drama moves too slow, and someone else (me!) thinks that it's moving at the right pace! I enjoy the "soft flow" of this drama. I haven't watched the actors in anything else so I can't compare.  I agree that some secondary characters are interesting, but not Hwi though. :p

Newtothedrama:

I gave up on it. It was moving so very slow and the flashbacks were too much to take. At the end of 5 I just jumped to the end. I am not a spoiler. But it just wasn't for me.

me too. I waited so long for this but i gave this up for the reason that it was too slow & boring.

I love Seo kang Joon, that's why i said i waited. but this story is just not for me. It's boring too boring to watch.

Having two of my favourite actors playing the main roles, I had high expectations about this drama. Tho when I started to watch it a while ago, I found the action a bit boring due to its slowliness so I dropped it. I was thinking I will most likely never even try to watch it again but after some time I felt the need of watching something more romantic and I came back to it. Honestly, watching Seo Kang Joon and Park Min Young drinking coffee and enjoying books in the winter time is soul satisfying.