WOW, I have never been in a forum about anything before.
(I kinda feel like my aunt who asked me a couple of days ago if I knew how much a eMail to FLorida costs... ^^) so, I hope I am doing everything alright with the new thread thingy.
Well, since you all have been introducing yourself I thought I join you. ^_^

I am a 22 year old girl. Art Student. Living in Europe. I speak German, French and English.
(ok.ok, I actually suck at french..but psst I am not supposed to) ^_^
You can call me Sarah if you wish to, Ilovesuperman may be bit long, and not really fitting for this kinda forum, but I though, well at least its a name you'll remember ^^

My addiction (haha) started about 2 years ago when a friend recommended to read the manga Hana Kimi. Which I did. And loved. (I didnt know you could laugh so hard reading a manga ^^). I saw that there were 2 Drama versions of it. But for some reason it wasnt my first drama. It just made me look through drama sites and then I decided to watch the jDrama "Hana yori Dango" 2005. And I loved it. its still one of my favorite dramas and since then I am addicted... ^.^

With the interest in Asian dramas my interest for the asian culture grew too . And by now I am seriously considering on doing my Master in Korea. (Well I havent found the right school yet but there is still so much time left till then, but I am looking...)
Sushi became my favorite food. And I want to take korean lessons in the summer. yey!
My friends think it is kinda weird to watch Asian Dramas, but thats me = always Curious for new things to learn and try. ^.^

My absolute favorite dramas are
-Hana yori Dango (2005)
-King of Baking
-Dream High

I am not that much into Kpop, but I caught my self humming to the tunes of a drama before. ^^

that's me for today,
Dont hesitate to befriend me.

best regards
Ils or Sarah ^^
*wants to befriend you...but then I realized I already did =/*
Once again welcome to MDL, and hope you have a great time on here. I do have to say i love your reviews.
And if I may ask, why'd you decide to study art?
Hi,
haha, thank you again.
And Yes I have a great time here. I think you made this site is just for me... ^.^
good job! How do you know all that homepagethingy stuff? i mean, that took a lot of work, didnt it? Or do you do stuff like that prof anyways?
So glad you enjoy them. hmmm, why I want to study art? hmmm... When I start my day with drawing and such i am so into it I do it all day long. If I think about the thing I love to do everyday of my life- its art. And art is like a challenge to discover new stuff every day. And well there is so much to discover and try out for a lifetime. so I thought, why not study it when you do it anyway everyday. ^^
About the contest. Thats sounds really fun. ^.^ (hmmm, just what are default characters o.O - god, thats prob a dumb question, sorry)
dj562 wrote: Hi,
haha, thank you again.
And Yes I have a great time here. I think you made this site is just for me... ^.^
good job! How do you know all that homepagethingy stuff? i mean, that took a lot of work, didnt it? Or do you do stuff like that prof anyways?
So glad you enjoy them. hmmm, why I want to study art? hmmm... When I start my day with drawing and such i am so into it I do it all day long. If I think about the thing I love to do everyday of my life- its art. And art is like a challenge to discover new stuff every day. And well there is so much to discover and try out for a lifetime. so I thought, why not study it when you do it anyway everyday. ^^
About the contest. Thats sounds really fun. ^.^ (hmmm, just what are default characters o.O - god, thats prob a dumb question, sorry)

Haha, the entire site took such a long time it's not even funny. You'd be amazed at how many hours it took me to make the site how it is now. And it'll take tons more to make it a lot better. As for the contests, not sure yet. Im thinking of having them in a month or so, once the site has grown a bit larger.

As for art, that's cool. Is there anyways to make a living out of it(other than perhaps being an art teacher or a famous artist?)
Hi Sarah "waves :) nice to meet you ... i'll call you Sarah as it will be easy for me to remember.. i have a cousin name Sarah :)
Hi Sarah!! Wow, you're absolute favorite dramas are three of my favorite dramas..and I hope you really get a chance to study in Asia somewhere. I almost had the chance to study in Korea for the summer, but things didn't work out. If you ever go you have to take lots and lots of pictures to show us!!

Welcome to the forums btw!:)
Hello Sarah - Ils is nice too, it sounds very exotic! ;)

I like reading your reviews, by the way, so I hope they'll keep on coming. :)
Uh... and I've been wanted to ask you for quite a while: why is your bird wearing red horns?
wrote: Hi Sarah "waves nice to meet you

nice meeting you too... ^_^

wrote: I almost had the chance to study in Korea for the summer

hmmm wow. I am sorry that it didnt work out though.. -.-
Yes, those dramas are the bests! ^^

thank you both for welcoming me...
Hi Sarah!
I'm also a forum newbie - it's nice to know I'm not alone wondering whether I'm breaking some secret forum code without knowing it every time I post something... :)

Hahah, I can so imagine your aunt asking that - my grand parents sure don't even know what e-mail or internet is... I'm just wondering whether I'll be like them one day - not understanding what my grand children are talking about... I hope you can go and study in Korea some day. I think it's already too late to do that within the degree I'm currently doing but perhaps I'll study another one if I can't find job after graduating. :P

I love Dream High and Hana Yori Dango as well and I think I might watch King of Baking as well so maybe I really should.
See you around! :)
wrote: I like reading your reviews, by the way, so I hope they'll keep on coming.
Uh... and I've been wanted to ask you for quite a while: why is your bird wearing red horns?

Haha, thank you. I'll try to write more. At the moment I'm on a "rewatch-all-fav-drama"- trip. ^_^ so nothing new.
About the picture. Its only a clipping of a picture. (I didn't think of much when I put it up).
the "horns" are supposed to be rabbit ears... well... there's actually also a rabbit on the picture too. now, it just kinda falls out of context... ^_^ I might change it though..
wrote: 'm also a forum newbie - it's nice to know I'm not alone wondering whether I'm breaking some secret forum code without knowing it every time I post something..

haha *notfeelingaloneanymore*

wrote: Hahah, I can so imagine your aunt asking that - my grand parents sure don't even know what e-mail or internet is... I'm just wondering whether I'll be like them one day - not understanding what my grand children are talking about...

I was wondering that too. =) But the shocking part is that my aunt isnt that old. like 40 or something. ^_^ I was speechless for about a minute and didnt know "is it alright to laugh out loud?"
hmmm.... its never too late to study something(or somewhere). My dad decided with 45 to study Philosophy and went back to uni to make his degree part time. (I kinda admire him for that)

You def should watch Baker King! I'd tell you how great I thought this show was, but you may have already read my review... ^_^
(When you'r done tell me how you liked it)
Well, you are right, it is quite shocking! :) I think many people around 40 or 50 know how to use e-mail at least. But if your aunt hasn’t needed email at work or anywhere I guess it’s possible not to know. Of course, everything is about the attitude, whether you want to learn or not. My mom hates the fact that everything is on Internet nowadays and although she knows how to use computer and Internet okay, it still annoys her and I think she even refuses to really learn because it’s difficult and new and something she cannot easily understand. Wow, I respect your dad as well, that’s cool. I hope I’ll have the same courage to do whatever I want when I’m 45.

Actually, I remember I was planning to watch Baker King when it was airing but then I guess I read some bad review about it and hesitated. Well, after your recommendation I’ll try to watch it soon. I’ll just sue you if it isn’t as good you said, okay? ;)
wrote: everything is about the attitude, whether you want to learn or not

That's true. My mom was the same way a couple of years ago. I even had to show her where to type in the address and how to use google (After I explained what it was) . ^_^
by now she has bought herself a computer (we used to have a family computer) and has a Facebook account. ^_^

I went to the mall some time ago. And there they've put up a new service. Old people explaining the internet to old people right there and then for free. Which I though was a cute idea.
(And a somewhat funny sight) ^_^

I can sue me if you watched at least 8 episodes, ok? (i have to warn you though, I am poor - prob wont do you much good ^_^)
Even if you dont like the story (which I doubt) there is still the eye candy to enjoy ^_^
@skye
wrote: As for art, that's cool. Is there anyways to make a living out of it(other than perhaps being an art teacher or a famous artist?)

I kinda missed to answer your question, sorry -.-
I prob wont get rich, that I know. But I dont care because I realized there is much more to life than being rich... (well, I am not saying that it's a bad thing to be rich! ^_^)
Well to say "I study art" is as undefined as saying "I like movies". There are the huge blockbusters like avatar and titanic (that made the maker very rich), but there are also milions of movies a lot less popular that still bring in money, still provides jobs etc.
Like movies there are different tastes/styles and gendres in art.
You can study Fine art (the "sterotype" artist who has to be famous to make a living) Photography, Graphic Design, Animation, Cinema, Fashion Design, music ...... etc. And depending what you study and how good and lucky you are you can live just fine from it (I mean not rich with villa and stuff - just normal) . BUt It just needs an iron will, and you have to keep pushing yourself.
I mean, did you ever think about who designs commercials, book covers, juice packaging, magazines, the cloth that covers your butt... ^_^ art is connected to everything we touch (god, that sounds cheesy), therefore somebody has do design/do it, right? ^_^
So I dont worry to much... (artists are very creative, you know - and I am sure I will figure something out if the time comes and I'm jobless) ^_^
big answer for such a small question. But I hope you got what I wanted to bring across. =)
hanan_anf wrote: @skye

I kinda missed to answer your question, sorry -.-
I prob wont get rich, that I know. But I dont care because I realized there is much more to life than being rich... (well, I am not saying that it's a bad thing to be rich! ^_^)
Well to say "I study art" is as undefined as saying "I like movies". There are the huge blockbusters like avatar and titanic (that made the maker very rich), but there are also milions of movies a lot less popular that still bring in money, still provides jobs etc.
Like movies there are different tastes/styles and gendres in art.
You can study Fine art (the "sterotype" artist who has to be famous to make a living) Photography, Graphic Design, Animation, Cinema, Fashion Design, music ...... etc. And depending what you study and how good and lucky you are you can live just fine from it (I mean not rich with villa and stuff - just normal) . BUt It just needs an iron will, and you have to keep pushing yourself.
I mean, did you ever think about who designs commercials, book covers, juice packaging, magazines, the cloth that covers your butt... ^_^ art is connected to everything we touch (god, that sounds cheesy), therefore somebody has do design/do it, right? ^_^
So I dont worry to much... (artists are very creative, you know - and I am sure I will figure something out if the time comes and I'm jobless) ^_^
big answer for such a small question. But I hope you got what I wanted to bring across. =)

Indeed and I liked your response.