Hey all,

I actually don't like wearing hats...

I've been lurking/randomly posting for a bit, and I thought that it might be about time to actually give an introduction. I turned 23 back in January, and am about to retire from a long and difficult stint as a professional student (I'm graduating on May 26th with my MA degree, and I hope never to set foot into a classroom again as a student; setting foot into a classroom as a teacher on the other hand...). My drama addiction has grown recently, as I approach the reality that I have no job waiting for me after graduation, due to the fact that dramas help me both to relieve stress and to realize that things could be worse for me. I could be: a soul on a mission to collect three pure tears before the end of 49 days; a jaded police officer trying to solve the mystery surrounding my daughter's death; or hold a job that no one respects due to my gender. (And yes, I'm currently watching 49 Days, Crime Squad, and Manny--how'd you guess?) Anyway, the lesson here is: Unemployed Former Graduate Student is, for the most part, not a bad role to have in this world. My first drama was actually a Japanese one, Mei-chan no Shitsuji, which my best friend recommended to me during a particularly stressful finals period last year, and my first Korean drama was My Girlfriend is a Gumiho. So, I'm kind of new to this whole drama thing---please be gentle with me.

Apart from Korean pop culture (music and dramas), my interests are: anime (since I was thirteen); dinosaurs (since I was five because DINOSAURS ARE AWESOME [see my avatar image]); fantasy everything (novels, movies, etc.); geek culture in general (my dad is a huge Trekker, and his most prized position is a photo of him, me at the age of three, and Leonard Nimoy posing together at a convention. Yep, we're all doing the Vulcan salute.); general hippie liberalism; and excessive use of parentheses (in case that wasn't obvious--I've been told that I even often speak in parentheticals since I love going off on tangents).

TL; DR: Um, hi... Let's be friends?
You don't like wearing hats? Then you must not be British!
Yeah, getting 3 pure tears in just 49 days is tough =/ :P
Anyhow, welcome to MDL. Hope you have fun here :)
hehhe.. i love 49 days ... :X ... Scheduler "drools.. anyways ... hi BNW .. your username is too long.. right i am too lazy to write the whole thing.. :D .. nice to meet you
Hi, Bat xD ---> I created a nickname for you since your user is too long xP

Welcome to MDL!

I, myself love dinosaurs and greek culture... anime too. Oh and those fantasy book, I have a huge collection of them here xD

I'm Aya btw :) Nice to meet you and See you around~!
Dojemi10 VIPCommunity Manager
*does the vulcan salute* live long and prosper!
OMG, you have a picture of you and Leonard Nimoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I forgot to breathe for a sec. I'm a fan of star trek, but mostly the original series. And I'm a huge geek as well on top of being a asian drama addict.

Nice to meet you BT! I've seen you lurking around, such as the only other person to have heard of Velvet Underground.

Welcome to the forums!
Hahaha, thanks for the greetings, everyone! Also, I realized belatedly that "position" should be "possession". See, this is why I'm leaving academia--if I'm too lazy to edit forum posts, can you imagine how terrible I am at editing papers? BLEGH. My forum name is kind of long, but I've used it for almost 8 years now, and I've grown too attached to it to change it. Feel free to shorten it to your liking!
Heya BaT!

Nice to meet you and we all are kind of geeks here!
Have fun around
Hello Bat!

Bat seems like a good nickname, I'll use that if you don't mind. Your introduction was very interesting, so I wanted to welcome you to MDL from my part as well. :)

cris_mond wrote: My drama addiction has grown recently, as I approach the reality that I have no job waiting for me after graduation, due to the fact that dramas help me both to relieve stress and to realize that things could be worse for me.

I see, so you can use dramas as a form of therapy or stress reliever... Good to know. I'll try to graduate next year and I think my drama addiction will grow seriously next autumn when I'll have very few classes and I should be writing my master's thesis... *sigh* Anyway, congrats on your graduation (I'm sure you'll find a job) and have fun here in MDL! :)
Hello Boredandtwitchy!