As the title says I've never seen a k-drama before but I've been thinking about getting into it. Which K-drama would you recommend for me?

Thank you in advance. :)

Wow, not even watched one...  ;u; I don’t know which genres you would prefer so... ^u^ If you want more recs to dramas without romance, just let me know (usually people prefer romance so I just, ehh, focused on those)

“The classics”: (those are all fantasy/supernatural-ish but popular among people new to K-dramas)

My Love From The Star

Secret Garden

The Master’s Sun

I Hear Your Voice

Comedy:

Chief Kim (no romance at all btw)

Prison Playbook (long eps, a little slow in the beginning but honestly one of my faves)

Please Come Back, Mister

Rom-com:

Beautiful Gong Shim

Another Miss Oh

Introverted Boss

Lucky Romance

Medical and/or psychological:

Romantic Doctor Kim

Kill Me, Heal Me

A Beautiful Mind

Good Doctor

Kuromi:

Wow, not even watched one...  ;u; I don’t know which genres you would prefer so... ^u^ If you want more recs to dramas without romance, just let me know (usually people prefer romance so I just, ehh, focused on those)

“The classics”: (those are all fantasy/supernatural-ish but popular among people new to K-dramas)

My Love From The Star

Secret Garden

The Master’s Sun

I Hear Your Voice

Comedy:

Chief Kim (no romance at all btw)

Prison Playbook (long eps, a little slow in the beginning but honestly one of my faves)

Please Come Back, Mister

Rom-com:

Beautiful Gong Shim

Another Miss Oh

Introverted Boss

Lucky Romance

Medical and/or psychological:

Romantic Doctor Kim

Kill Me, Heal Me

A Beautiful Mind

Good Doctor

I guess romance is fine ^^

I'm open to any suggestion really. I just want to know which would be best for newcommers mostly. :)

But out of those genre's you mentioned I guess I prefer fantasy/supernatural-ish style. I often love shows where there is an aspect of something super natural kind of but not a full on fantasy world. 

Hmm,  the first ones I mentioned are pretty good as introductions to K-dramas, the one that really got me hooked on K-dramas was “The Master’s Sun”. But it always depends on the individual :3 Well, if you find an interesting description of a drama, just take the chance and watch it, I’d say c:

Other supernatural ones:

Chicago Typewriter

Tunnel (minimum romance)

W

Tomorrow With You

“Another Miss Oh” and “Come Back, Mister” also have a supernatural element, between these two I’d say Another Miss Oh is better for a newcommer.

Black .. it's a Fantasy/Supernatural Thriller  with a bit of romance it's a really good one if you like something with suspense and mystery plus some comedy mixed in.

Prison playbook. Its a really good sort of slice of life series with comedy and drama with a warm atmosphere to it & one of my personal favourites.

A Korean Odyssey this one's definitely supernatural through and through. Its like a modern day fairytale about ghosts/demons and fairies with romance... a really cute drama. 

Romantic-comedies I suggest:

Descendants of the sun (Soldier x Doctor romance)

Emergency couple (Medical Romance)

Cunning single lady 

Oh my venus 

You who came from the stars (Supernatural)

Strong woman Do Bong soo (Superpower)

Big (although has quite some flaws but nonetheless very cute scenes and is also fantasy) one of my first kdramas

Goblin (Not a fan tbh but it is definitely loved by so many and has been a craze for most kdrama fans so you might like it.. also supernatural/fantasy)

More serious Romantic-Melodramas

That winter the wind Blows

On the way to the airport

Disaster movies (I know they aren't series but I think they can get you more interested in korean cinema and korean tv in general)

Train to Busan 

Flu

Pandora

As for Comedy I suggest you start watching Variety Shows because they're flat out HILARIOUS! Whenever I'm bored or feeling down I just put on a variety show that I like and I'm instantly happy and laughing my lungs out.

Hope I helped, and welcome to world of korean dramas! :) 

xxxHolic is one of the coolest fantasy/ supernatural drama I've seen so far. Its not all in your face and annoying- but more chill.

Aftermath- its short and to the point; I think this would be a great starting point for a newbie

Death Note- no words to describe this one; its just great

After you've watched something you like, use the recommendation list and tags/ genres to find more dramas like it- welcome to the world of dramas!!

Supernatural/Fantasy

* Black (a bit of a dark drama with comedy, romance , grim reapers and ESP)

* Circle

* Goblin

* Scholar Who Walks the Night

* Vampire Prosecutor

* While You Were Sleeping

* Oh My Ghostess

* Let's Fight Ghost

* Hwayugi

You can try 

Falling for Innocence -a real mix of Rom com,business ,revenge and many other genres.This was my first Kdrama ever.

my suggestion for my non kdrama fans is Laughter in Waikiki.

Hi, I'm also from Sweden!

Så vad för genre gillar du?

haitakaz:

Hi, I'm also from Sweden!

Så vad för genre gillar du?

Jag är öppen för vilka förslag som helst ärligt talat. :) Jag är mest ute efter serier som är lätta att kolla på för någon som inte brukar kolla på sånna här serier.

DekuTurtle:

Jag är öppen för vilka förslag som helst ärligt talat. :) Jag är mest ute efter serier som är lätta att kolla på för någon som inte brukar kolla på sånna här serier.

Om du vill börja med nå feel-good kdrama så rekommenderar jag Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo (skoldrama) och/eller Oh My Venus (mellan vuxna). 

Förresten är det okej om jag lägger till dig som vän på mydramalist? Tänkte eftersom det är inte jätte många svenskar som använder denna sida

haitakaz:

Om du vill börja med nå feel-good kdrama så rekommenderar jag Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo (skoldrama) och/eller Oh My Venus (mellan vuxna). 

Förresten är det okej om jag lägger till dig som vän på mydramalist? Tänkte eftersom det är inte jätte många svenskar som använder denna sida

Absolut. Jag vet inte hur ofta jag kommer vara online men det går så klart bra :)

DekuTurtle:

Absolut. Jag vet inte hur ofta jag kommer vara online men det går så klart bra :)

Det är lugnt! Jag är inte så jätte aktiv heller, jag använder sidan mest för att uppdatera mina listor samt hålla koll på filmer och serier ^^