For me there is so few japanese actors whom i can fave. Bc mostly nowday japanese entertaiment world goes with looks before acting skills, sadly they have excuse bc young ppl tend to confuse charm and sexapiel with acting skill.

Japanese actors whom i fave:

Kimura Takuya - He has talant for acting. Face what can express every shade of emotion, good and natural body language, he has acting style of his own and it is unique. Register of characters what he has done is from weak and whip to scary and powerful, from honest and innocent to scheming liar, from hero to villian and between. Add here his seiyuu works - what shows that he can act only with his voice and build with it belivable character, then add here his singing career, modeling. And despite of his age he looks good (to mine standart - gorgeus) and fresh, it is hard to belive what is age is...I think you get picture why i fave him.
http://mydramalist.com/actor/237/kimura-takuya

Sorimachi Takashi - nearly all same points what i wrote about Kimuras acting. Sadly his older works are hard to find but all what i have seen ( Virgin Road, GTO, Cheap Love) are superb and worth every second your time. His acting has one weird effect to me: in his dramas when his character first appeares, i notice "he looks hot" but when story goes on i kinda forget his looks and is more drawn personality of his character.

Despite searching i havent find, from younger actors generation, anyone who can stand in mine fave list with them... but i still hope find him one day.
Ichihara Hayato Seto Koji Igarashi Shunji Yamamoto Yusuke Shirota Yu Mizushima Hiro Miura Shohei Ikota Toma
Matsuyama Ken'ich and Gackt, if you could call him an actor :)
Accidia wrote: Mizushima Hiro because he's so charming... and he answered my tweet (he was one of my favorites before too). And he can speak English! :D
Narimiya Hiroki Because he's charming too ^^ I can't help have this stupid smile on my face every time I see him especially when he plays he evil guy. And he's a really good actor.

I really like Yamapi in Kurosagi and Matsuyama Kenichi in Detroit Metal City... But I can't take Kenichi seriously after that movie, so now he's pretty much destroying everything he acts in, for me anyway.

yay. i love these actors too!!
my number 1 is shun.
Matsuyama Kenichi Ikota Toma Kamenashi Kazuya Matsumoto Jun Sato Takeru Odagiri Joe Kitano Takeshi Asano Tadanoba Matsuda Shota Daito Shunsuke Ito Hideaki
Hmm...I need to watch more Jdoramas. I only have Yamamoto Yusuke as my fave Japanese actor so far and I've seen him in 5 Jdoramas (Hana Kimi, GTO, Ouran HSHC, Atashinchi no Danshi, Tumbling--the last three being recommendations from MDLers) and he's a different person each time.
Yusuke Yamamoto Shirota Yu Kimura Ryo Gackt Er...I have others but their names escape me at the mo. XD
By me it's like that: Matsumoto Jun- he's simply Matsu, do I have to say more? Mizushima Hiro- miss him so much since he is not really acting anymore Miura Haruma- can't resist that smile Oguri Shun- no matter the role, he nails it Matsuda Shota- no one better to play bad boy Nishikido Ryo, Kamenashi Kazuya, Yamashita Tomohisa… and it goes on and on. I just can’t pick only one because every single of them is something special.
I don't know about the other actors. But Junpei Mizobata is the best for me.
Only actors? Why so much discrimination towards guys who love actesses. Then I realised OP in his proifile says he is male. Awkward. -______- *looks around and whisperss *... Yamapi
My favourite actor has to be Ninomiya Kazunari. I love watching him on screen coz he seems so natural. :) Takeru Sato comes a close second coz of his ability to switch to multiple characters in a single drama.

I am unfortunately, one of the rare few who is not a fan of MatsuJun.
For sure they are: Narimiya Hiroki, Oguri Shun, Yamapi, Sato Takeru, Kamenashi Kazuya.
These ones are the top for me in Japan. Number One is Narimiya Hiroki who in my eyes is absolutely stunning actor who can portray different kinds of characters really perfectly - from bad guy to good guy.
LIST OF REAL ACTORS oguri shun yamada takayuki satoshi tsubamuki mirai moriyama odagiri joe tadanobou asano eita ryo kase Legends below toshiro mifune tatsuya nakadai
Miura Haruma, Matsuyama Kenichi, Fujiwara Tatsuya & Hongo Kanata