I just finished GTO and I've realized that Life was heavily inspired by GTO. Compare the bullying in episode 3 of GTO, the sunflower field in episode 8 of GTO, and the malicious dude in episode 10 of GTO. This doesn't make Life any less good, it was just inspired by GTO even though the stories are way different.
I highly doubt it was inspired by GTO. It's based off of it's own manga. But that's not to say that they don't have similar themes :D
This was my first jdrama ever.... which means that it got stuck in my head even more than if it was my tenth. Oh well, I have to admit that one part of me wouldn't particularly mind if Katsumi raped me. I mean, not that I'd be a SM fan but as someone already said.. he was creepy and kind of cute at the same time.
Moniisek wrote: This was my first jdrama ever.... which means that it got stuck in my head even more than if it was my tenth. Oh well, I have to admit that one part of me wouldn't particularly mind if Katsumi raped me. I mean, not that I'd be a SM fan but as someone already said.. he was creepy and kind of cute at the same time.

I somehow agree with you. I hated and loved him at the same time.

Sleepninja wrote:

why that :O
Moniisek wrote: This was my first jdrama ever.... which means that it got stuck in my head even more than if it was my tenth. Oh well, I have to admit that one part of me wouldn't particularly mind if Katsumi raped me. I mean, not that I'd be a SM fan but as someone already said.. he was creepy and kind of cute at the same time.

I agree with you. But I think even if it wasn't my first J-Drama (and my second Drama in general), I'd have remembered it for a long time. Maybe because I thought I was bullied as well, but compared to this... My "bullying" is nearly nothing.
This drama is pure awesomeness. I always have a love/hate relationship to Katsumi in this one and I can't stand Manami.
HAVA-RAVA wrote: I somehow agree with you. I hated and loved him at the same time.

why that :O

So you wouldn't mind if he raped you?
Skye-N-Rain wrote: So you wouldn't mind if he raped you?

well it's kinda hard to explain XD
i wouldn't want to be the main lead girl
MaihimeSama wrote: Maybe because I thought I was bullied as well, but compared to this... My "bullying" is nearly nothing.

I often wonder how big issue bullying really is. I live in eastern europe for example, in high school (a few years back) nothing ever happened...so I was surprised that in jdramas its quite..well frequented problem (nobuta wo produce, gold fish club). I still can't believe that high school could become such a hell since I've only seen things like throwing textbooks to the trash, wet toilet paper wars and stuff like that only in elementary school.. so like 12-13 years old (?)
Oh and please, I didn't mean to play down things as rape, so don't take my weird thoughts seriously. I don't think very much before speaking/posting in general..sooo I hope this planet is still not such bad of a place to live
Here in Finland bullying in schools is usually verbal (for girls). For boys it's throwing punches and verbal.
Bumping this for C4U. lol
*bumping also since this is a great drama and deserves more fans*
this is one of dramas i can't forget...
it was really great..watched 2 times until now..
and here when i started recognize kitano kii and fukuda saki

Moniisek wrote: I often wonder how big issue bullying really is. I live in eastern europe for example, in high school (a few years back) nothing ever happened...so I was surprised that in jdramas its quite..well frequented problem (nobuta wo produce, gold fish club). I still can't believe that high school could become such a hell since I've only seen things like throwing textbooks to the trash, wet toilet paper wars and stuff like that only in elementary school.. so like 12-13 years old (?)
Oh and please, I didn't mean to play down things as rape, so don't take my weird thoughts seriously. I don't think very much before speaking/posting in general..sooo I hope this planet is still not such bad of a place to live

i think,,it's not an issue in japan, because it's a common thing..
(just like suicide..i don't see that as an issue anymore..i was shocked when there was someone in my college did suicide, and it's not become a hot issue in the college..i asked my friend about it, and she only said "ah,,yeah i heard that" and that's it. -__- )
i also once asked about bullying in japan to my japanese senior..asked him if it's common to mess someone's book and write "die!" etc, and he said it happens a lot.. (by answering coolly) -__-
Ohmannn, I rewatched this drama like a week ago (x but seriously it was so good, I even have it on dvd(;