Rookies - Drama

Rookies - Movie

Does anyone think this is worth a watch?! I need suggestions please... Thanks ^_^
LisNoir wrote: I haven't :p

should we watch Lis-ssi? what say you? i like the synopsis..and i do enjoy under-dog themes
KamZ wrote: should we watch Lis-ssi? what say you? i like the synopsis..and i do enjoy under-dog themes

There's no eye candy..I looked at the poster and closed the page...LOL
LisNoir wrote: There's no eye candy..I looked at the poster and closed the page...LOL

there are a few..the students...i haven't looked at them properly but i have a feeling they are since they look all young and fresh..that's good enough for me lol..we could atleast do a movie..what say?! ^_^
I've already watched it..and for me it's good..if you like gokusen and other school type movie its in the same genre...
KamZ wrote: there are a few..the students...i haven't looked at them properly but i have a feeling they are since they look all young and fresh..that's good enough for me lol..we could atleast do a movie..what say?! ^_^

In my book "young and fresh" does not equal eyecandy...lol
darkangel662008 wrote: I've already watched it..and for me it's good..if you like gokusen and other school type movie its in the same genre...

thanks..i haven't watched Gokusen but i might the movie a try first and see..

LisNoir wrote: In my book "young and fresh" does not equal eyecandy...lol

pfft :p...
I read the synopsis for both and it isn't grabbing me. It sounds a little "bad news bears" ala highschool japan stylin'. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing but...
[QUOTE=KamZ;141765]thanks..i haven't watched Gokusen but i might the movie a try first and see..

If i remember right, the movie was the continuation of the drama..so i don't think its a good idea to watch the movie first..
darkangel662008 wrote: [QUOTE=KamZ;141765]thanks..i haven't watched Gokusen but i might the movie a try first and see..

If i remember right, the movie was the continuation of the drama..so i don't think its a good idea to watch the movie first..

...it makes sense since the drama came out a year earlier lol
KamZ wrote: [QUOTE=darkangel662008;141788]

...it makes sense since the drama came out a year earlier lol

kekeke^^ what i mean is its the ending/conclusion of the drama..so if you watched the movie first,most likely you won't enjoy the drama anymore(*sad*)
The movie is a continuation of the drama, and probably would not be as interesting if you haven't been introduced to the characters and plot already. It is a show about delinquents so eye candy was definitely not on the list of casting requirements. It is actually based on a manga so they really tried to match the look of the actors with the manga. Some of the guys clean up okay in other dramas, but it is not an ikemen drama by any means. I would say that the drama is targeted more toward guys than girls, though there were a lot of female fans too. If you like gokusen, or underdog stories then you probably would like it. In Japan the movie was more successful than hana yori dango, though the drama didn't do as well. Rookies is one of those dramas that people are either fanatically obsessed with or don't like at all, so it really depends on your type.
kurinezumi wrote: The movie is a continuation of the drama, and probably would not be as interesting if you haven't been introduced to the characters and plot already. It is a show about delinquents so eye candy was definitely not on the list of casting requirements. It is actually based on a manga so they really tried to match the look of the actors with the manga. Some of the guys clean up okay in other dramas, but it is not an ikemen drama by any means. I would say that the drama is targeted more toward guys than girls, though there were a lot of female fans too.

If you like gokusen, or underdog stories then you probably would like it. In Japan the movie was more successful than hana yori dango, though the drama didn't do as well.

Rookies is one of those dramas that people are either fanatically obsessed with or don't like at all, so it really depends on your type.

How about you my dear^^? did you liked it?
Thanks you guys..i think i will give this one a try...i do enjoy underdog stories a lot..and whenever i do decide to watch it shall be the drama first lol