"Come Come Everybody" is scheduled to premiere on NGN on Monday, August 1. I guess we'll be way behind in the Asadora game from now on.

Better late than never?

At least they're not skipping it and going straight to Chimudondon!

I hear the Mone Kamishiraishi parts are really good!

It's been a while since I posted Asadora casting news!

Maiagare! has announced pretty much its entire cast now with Fukuhara Haruka as the heroine. Set to start in the fall. and the first still was released earlier this week.

Asadora #108 will be Ranman (らんまん) based on real life story of Makino Tomitaro, the father of Japanese botany. Kamiki Ryunosuke will take the lead (this will be the first male-led asadora since Yell). Hamabe Minami will star as his wife. Will air in spring 2023.

Asadora #109 will be Boogie Woogie (ブギウギ). Based on real life story of Kasagi Shizuko (1914―1985), a popular jazz singer and actress  known as the "Queen of Boogie" who was successful during the American Occupation of Japan. No cast info for this yet, the drama was only announced a week or so ago. It will air in the fall of 2023.

So we're getting two "based on a true story" asadoras back to back in 2023 which will be interesting I think!

The Haruka Fukuhara fanboy in me is highly anticipating this one!

Thanks @heart-eriki for the casting news! The subject matter doesn't immediately grab me but I'm definitely curious about all 3.

Been watching Okaeri Mone though and enjoying it a ton. 

I will be picking up maiagare ,first time subber here,so pls do not flame me for poor subs,hahaha

Up to episode 5 sub!

as i have just newly created a account,i would not be able to link the websites here                          

sonicericsg.blogspot.com/p/jpt-1-maiagare-eng-fansub.html?m=1

Also,do please follow my twitter for the episodes update!

twitter.com/jpmusicRocks?t=ECqkpgwK1Zby2jPHhYyfCw&s=09

sonicericsg:

I will be picking up maiagare ,first time subber here,so pls do not flame me for poor subs,hahaha

Up to episode 5 sub!

as i have just newly created a account,i would not be able to link the websites here                          

Awesome news, sonicericg!!!!!

sonicericsg:

Up to episode 5 sub!

Wonderful news, thanks so much!

Hey guys, I updated the list! Are you still watching? :)

Ceki:

Hey guys, I updated the list! Are you still watching? :)

Sure am! I'm looking forward to Mai Agare and Ranman. We just finished Okaeri Mone and it was very enjoyable with lush scenery and a soothing vibe. It did not unseat my faves of Hiyokko and Hanbun, Aoi, but we enjoyed it a lot. Natsuzora would be #3 for me I think. 

In the meantime, I think we're going to try Yell next, thanks to Rick/R_Fansubs for picking it up. I've also got an eye on Junjo Kirari and Ohisama. 

Thank you for updating the list! Have you been watching some good asadoras, too, Ceki? :) 

Currently watching Okaeri Mone (loved it so far) and not sure what to choose next.. Should I quickly jump in to Mai Agare? Or there are older titles worth trying?

So far I've watched Mare, Hiyokko, Manpuku from TV (which suddenly decided to stop airing Asadoras lol).

Griffin Seannery:

Currently watching Okaeri Mone (loved it so far) and not sure what to choose next.. Should I quickly jump in to Mai Agare? Or there are older titles worth trying?

So far I've watched Mare, Hiyokko, Manpuku from TV (which suddenly decided to stop airing Asadoras lol).

How did you like the ones you tried? I'm waiting for Mai Agare subs to be completed before watching, or at least nearly finished. Sometimes asadora subbing projects stop partway through, even for multiple years. Out of the ones I've watched that you haven't, I recommend Hanbun, Aoi the most, and then Natsuzora. The former in particular subverts a lot of asadora tropes in interesting ways, but both are really special. I also enjoyed Toto Nee-chan but it wasn't in the same tier for me.

The ones I've dropped after several weeks' worth of episodes are Asa ga Kita and Gochisousan. The characters in the former weren't engaging to me and the latter had an endless array of irksome characters to me. But there are lots of people who enjoyed both, so, you know, YMMV. :) 

Nabbit:
How did you like the ones you tried? I'm waiting for Mai Agare subs to be completed before watching, or at least nearly finished. Sometimes asadora subbing projects stop partway through, even for multiple years. Out of the ones I've watched that you haven't, I recommend Hanbun, Aoi the most, and then Natsuzora.

Among them I liked Manpuku the most mainly because the instant ramen story is very interesting. Okeari Mone on the other hand (currently watched over half of the total) have very good characterization in general, but for me the story sometimes went astray from the main plot.

I think many dislike Asadoras about early Showa period Japan, but for me it adds the interest point for me as I loved history (I watched Korean dramas mainly for the historical dramas lol). From the two title you recommended, the synopsis of Hanbun, Aoi is more interesting so probably I'll try that first after finishing Okaeri Mone. Thank you for the recommendations!

Griffin Seannery:

Among them I liked Manpuku the most mainly because the instant ramen story is very interesting. Okeari Mone on the other hand (currently watched over half of the total) have very good characterization in general, but for me the story sometimes went astray from the main plot.

I think many dislike Asadoras about early Showa period Japan, but for me it adds the interest point for me as I loved history (I watched Korean dramas mainly for the historical dramas lol). From the two title you recommended, the synopsis of Hanbun, Aoi is more interesting so probably I'll try that first after finishing Okaeri Mone. Thank you for the recommendations!

You're welcome! We just started Ohisama (from the writer of Hiyokko), which also takes place in the Showa era. We are enjoying it very much. My spouse already likes it better than Mone and we're just 7 episodes in, LOL. I think Mone going astray from the main plot, as you mentioned, is the thing that made her enjoy it less. Thank you for the Manpuku recommendation! 

Hi all, great to see this discussion board still active
Subber here , it is currently up to episode 21 sub!

Also,do please follow my twitter for the episodes update, i will always post there first!