Filming for the 100th Asadora "Natsuzora" started on June 8th in Hokkaido
Drama will begin airing on April 1, 2019
Left to Right: Yamada Yuki, Otoo Takuma, Matsushima Nanako, Hirose Suzu, Kusakari Masao, Fujiki Naohito, Yoshizawa Ryo 

Hanna:
Filming for the 100th Asadora "Natsuzora" started on June 8th in Hokkaido
Drama will begin airing on April 1, 2019
Left to Right: Yamada Yuki, Otoo Takuma, Matsushima Nanako, Hirose Suzu, Kusakari Masao, Fujiki Naohito, Yoshizawa Ryo

Have they finished filming Manpuku?

Ceki:
Have they finished filming Manpuku?

Not yet! It usually takes about a year to film an Asadora.
For example, Hiyokko's filming started on November 6, 2016 and finished on September 4, 2017 (so about 10 months). The last episode aired on September 30, 2017 leaving a gap of only about 3 weeks between the end of filming and the end of the drama. 

Hi all!
Sorry to double post but I submitted new cast information for Manpuku, which starts in about a month (where did those 5 months go since Hanbun Aoi started?? Time is seriously flying) and I also added the first official poster! It's SO cute I just had to share it here too! 

Hanna:

Hi all!
Sorry to double post but I submitted new cast information for Manpuku, which starts in about a month (where did those 5 months go since Hanbun Aoi started?? Time is seriously flying) and I also added the first official poster! It's SO cute I just had to share it here too! 

Yeah! Thank you for sharing it, I like it!!

Announced a few days ago that the band DREAMS COME TRUE will sing the theme for Manpuku. This is the first ever artist repeat for asadoras, since they also did the theme song for 1992 asadora Hirari.
The song is called 'Anata to To~urattatta♪'

Apologies for another double post, but the character chart has been released for the first half of  Manpuku.
English translation by @minyuemily on Twitter

I love the posters and cover for Manpuku.

Anyone watching it?

Anyway, I updated the first post, almost completed! :D I wonder if anyone can fill in the missing info for some dramas, I mean the main themes/occupations?

Im watching it!

Its nice and the acting is good as expected ...

Quite balance between fun and sad moment till now

Big news today:

Toda Erika announced as heroine of 101st Asadora "Scarlet" about a female ceramic artist in the 1950s making Shigaraki pottery.
Screenplay by Mizuhashi Fumie (Hotaru no Hikari), this drama starts airing on September 30, 2019 

Frankly I am really surprised. She seems like too big a name to be an Asadora heroine. Ando Sakura, Hirose Suzu, and now Toda Erika. It will be hard for the 102nd heroine if she is a rookie... how can she follow 3 big names? Maybe NHK feels they need to up ratings, but ratings are strong already. 

She is also 30, maybe older heroines will become the norm now after Ando Sakura. 

Anyways, plot looks interesting so I'll check it out when the time comes. 

Hanna:

Big news today:

Toda Erika announced as heroine of 101st Asadora "Scarlet" about a female ceramic artist in the 1950s making Shigaraki pottery.
Screenplay by Mizuhashi Fumie (Hotaru no Hikari), this drama starts airing on September 30, 2019 

Frankly I am really surprised. She seems like too big a name to be an Asadora heroine. Ando Sakura, Hirose Suzu, and now Toda Erika. It will be hard for the 102nd heroine if she is a rookie... how can she follow 3 big names? Maybe NHK feels they need to up ratings, but ratings are strong already. 

She is also 30, maybe older heroines will become the norm now after Ando Sakura. 

Anyways, plot looks interesting so I'll check it out when the time comes. 

omg didn't expect that! thanks for the update

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

Just wanted to pop by this thread to update everyone on the new Hiyokko special drama, since I know there are many Hiyokko fans on MDL.
Sakuma Yui (who plays Tokiko) posted this new photo on Twitter today! It would appear that they started filming this week. It's so great to see the cast back together again :D

The 4-episode special drama starts March 4th 2019. 

The first post has finally been updated! 58 years of asadora!!

Hi all!

102nd Asadora (Spring + Summer 2020 broadcast) was announced today.

Title is "Yell" based on the real life of  Japanese composer Koseki Yuuji. The story will be set in Fukushima prefecture in the Showa era. Hayashi Koji is writing the screenplay. 

Kubota Masataka will play the hero. This is the first male-led Asadora since Massan 6 years ago.  He previously starred as a supporting character in the 90th Asadora "Hanako to Anne."

The heroine will be selected by audition in April. Filming will start in Fall 2019.

PLOT:
Koyama Yuichi is the eldest son of long established kimono shop in Fukushima. He is often bullied because he is weak. When he encounters music, he discovers a hidden talent and starts composing himself. He begins working in his uncle's bank, but secretly enters an overseas composition competition and wins the top prize. Yuichi then met a girl from Toyohashi who is aiming to be a singer. They fall in love and they decided to devote their lives to music. 

Hanna:
Kubota Masataka will play the hero. This is the first male-led Asadora since Massan 6 years ago. He previously starred as a supporting character in the 90th Asadora "Hanako to Anne."

omg!