Thanks, Rand, that's good to know. I'm going to check out your watchlist for some recommendations!

The plan for the 105th is up.

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/42a3ae99515a950edf220297f82124e33ce12711

Title: Come Come Everybody

Heroine: not decided but there will be 3 different heroines (see 'plot')

Screenplay: Fujimoto Yuki (Hanadan 2005, asadora Chiritotechin, taiga Taira no Kiyomori)

Plot and other facts: This asadora will have 3 different heroine characters, namely the grandmother, mother, and the heroine herself. The main theme is a family that spans over generations but tied by English language. The grandmother spent her youth in pre-World War 2 era as English broadcaster in a radio station, but lost her husband during the war and left her children to go to the US. Her daughter (the 2nd generation heroine) initially disenfranchises the grandmother and English language, but it's Western music that saves her. The third generation heroine loves history and English language.

The last heroine is probably a youngster (sub-2000 liner) and will be drawn from audition. Honestly, I don't trust NHK's asadora heroine audition post-Hanbun Aoi. The result speaks for itself, they still cast superstars in the end anyway. I guess there are vanishingly small chances this role could ever go to any other than Makita Aju and Ashida Mana.

The bar is clear though, the actresses must be competent in English, although it's perfectly possible that they just yank any top-tier actresses and hone their English ability in intensive class lol. NHK will do anything to ensure no newcomers climb that ladder.

Broadcast is set at Fall 2021 

Thanks for sharing the details of the 105th asadora. Interesting that they are going for 3 heroine characters. I hope in the future they will reconsider casting only name actresses for the lead. 

Come Come Everybody! I admit... I don't love the title and I'm a little wary of how 3 heroines will work out. BUT that being said, I appreciate that the NHK is trying to do something kind of different. The English language plotline is cool too, kind of reminds me of Hanako to Anne. 

I was really hoping that Kamishiraishi Mone would lead asadora #105 but I'm not sure she'll fit the age range of any of the heroines. And her English is really good too! l want it to happen somehow!  

Odds are high that up-and-coming fluent English speakers like Kawakita Mayuko, Miyazawa Hio, Ayaka Wilson, and others will make their way into this cast.

heart-ereki:

Come Come Everybody! I admit... I don't love the title and I'm a little wary of how 3 heroines will work out. BUT that being said, I appreciate that the NHK is trying to do something kind of different. The English language plotline is cool too, kind of reminds me of Hanako to Anne. 

I was really hoping that Kamishiraishi Mone would lead asadora #105 but I'm not sure she'll fit the age range of any of the heroines. And her English is really good too! l want it to happen somehow!  

Odds are high that up-and-coming fluent English speakers like Kawakita Mayuko, Miyazawa Hio, Ayaka Wilson, and others will make their way into this cast.

I predict the first two leads would go to either Mone or Ishibashi Shizuka (from Tokyo Love Story 2020 fame), or both. The probability of them making it to the leads is HUGE, especially lil Mone. This leaves us with a question of who will play the third heroine. It's far more likely that NHK will predeterminedly cast an established youngster and train them in English rather than adding new blood (and still declare it an 'audition' to the public). Afterall we still have more than a year to go. BTW the remaining names mentioned later could be supporting cast members.

I've found my tiny pet peeve with asadoras is when they do an extreme 'in medias res' and show you how the character's life will end up at the very beginning. It kinda takes the dramatic wind out of the sails for me, even when the heroine is based on a real person. I think it's different for me from when regular biopics do this, since they aren't as lengthy as an asadora. It didn't bother me in Hanbun, Aoi, since they show you just a glimpse of what the character's life will be at 18 before jumping back to start the story just before Suzume is born, and then you're caught up to that start point fairly early into the series.

The subs for Teppan have been finished by Belthazar  over at D-addicts. I'm going to start watching the series soon.

Rand:

The subs for Teppan have been finished by Belthazar  over at D-addicts. I'm going to start watching the series soon.

That's great news! EcoTVSubs also started subbing Warotenka this week (they're subbing Yell and Scarlet right now too) 

It's not an asadora per se, but EcoTVSubs will also be subbing Shiro to Kiiro.

https://mydramalist.com/26263-shiro-to-kiiro

It's 25 asadora-length episodes, co-written by Okada Yoshikazu of Hiyokko, Ohisama and Churasan fame. Been interested in this one for a long time!

Toto-neechan has complete subs now. They are on d-addicts.

Rand:

Toto-neechan has complete subs now. They are on d-addicts.

Thanks Rand! We're working our way through it and enjoying it very much. We're about 70 episodes in, so nearly caught up to where Rick's subs begin. His subs for Hanbun, Aoi where excellent so I'm sure his Toto subs are great, too.

Previously, you recommended some asadoras to me based on my having not really enjoyed period piece asadoras pre-1960. Now that I've watched a lot of Toto and enjoyed it very much, are there other asadoras you think I might like that take place in the 50's or earlier? The two I didn't care for were Asa ga Kita and Gochisousan.

Nabbit:

Thanks Rand! We're working our way through it and enjoying it very much. We're about 70 episodes in, so nearly caught up to where Rick's subs begin. His subs for Hanbun, Aoi where excellent so I'm sure his Toto subs are great, too.

Previously, you recommended some asadoras to me based on my having not really enjoyed period piece asadoras pre-1960. Now that I've watched a lot of Toto and enjoyed it very much, are there other asadoras you think I might like that take place in the 50's or earlier? The two I didn't care for were Asa ga Kita and Gochisousan.

Try Gegege no Nyobo, Massan ,Hanako To Anne , Natsuzora, Carnation . Junjo Kirari is okay but much more melodramatic than other Asadoras I've watched. You might also like Ohisama. I'd avoid Beppin-san and Manpuku. I think Yell and Scarlet are currently being subbed and take place in the early to mid 1900s. 

Rand:

Try Gegege no Nyobo, Massan ,Hanako To Anne , Natsuzora, Carnation . Junjo Kirari is okay but much more melodramatic than other Asadoras I've watched. You might also like Ohisama. I'd avoid Beppin-san and Manpuku. I think Yell and Scarlet are currently being subbed and take place in the early to mid 1900s. 

Thanks, Rand! I'll add those to my list. Funnily enough, I forgot we also tried Beppin-san and Manpuku and could not get into either. Yell and Scarlet look interesting, also. Lots of enjoyable asadora-watching to come!

I am currently watching my 3rd asadora (Mare) and I noticed that most asadoras tell the story of a heroine from childhood till motherhood.. except for Amachan. Is Amachan the only asadora where the passage of time is so short? It may have been, I don't know, maybe 2-3 years?

YueofBlueGables:

I am currently watching my 3rd asadora (Mare) and I noticed that most asadoras tell the story of a heroine from childhood till motherhood.. except for Amachan. Is Amachan the only asadora where the passage of time is so short? It may have been, I don't know, maybe 2-3 years?

Gegege no Nyobo, Massan, Dondo Bare,  Teppan, Manpuku, Tsubasa all have the main heroine start at the late teenage years or later.