Can someone please give me some good recent romance dramas (or other genres!) that are actually worth watching? Ones with a good story and likeable characters who don't act naive. What have you watched recently?

Todome no Kiss was nice

• Quartet
  • Ito-kun A to E

I started Todome no Kiss but didn't finish it. To be honest none of th currently airing/ recently aired dramas seem interesting to me :-/ Would like some rec as well

I'm watching otona koukou and love rerun , both seem fun and sweet so far ^^

It seems Japanese dramas are more into crime this year... But I really enjoyed Tonari no kazoku wa aoku mieru, a drama in which you can follow four different couples: one is desperatly trying to have a baby, another one is trying to hide that the husband lost his job, another one is trying to enjoy a young workers' life and the last one is a gay couple. Unfortunately, I don't know if there are English subtitles for this one.

i love  Overprotected Kahoko/Kahogo no Kohoko so so much...

nanaazmi5:

i love  Overprotected Kahoko/Kahogo no Kohoko so so much...

^^^ THIS! Seconded 

Maybe, if you like high school dramas, Hana Nochi Hare is amazing. Even if you weren't a fan of Hanadan (the first installment), it won't affect your feelings of Hana Nochi Hare. The female lead and both the male leads are absolutely killing me now. It's still an ongoing show, so there is a fair amount of waiting considering only 3 episodes are over (and Japan releases one episode per week), but it's so worth it! 

I second: Kahogo no Kahoko, Todome no Kiss 

And add to the recommendations  these ones from 2016-2018:

We married as a job (romance)

Unnatural

Boku, Unmei no Hito desu (romance)

Boku dake ga inai machi

Kuzu no Honkai

Family's Form

Crisis

Aogeba toutoshi

It's not that I can't marry but I don't want to (romance)

I just finished watching  Fukuyado Honpo ~ Kyoto Love Story , I highly recommend it !

Satomin:

Todome no Kiss was nice

ya

Kanojo wa kirei datta