MDL Drama Page[/URL]

[U]Plot:

At a high school entrance ceremony, high school student Kotoko Aihara (Honoka Miki), who isn't that smart, notices pretty boy Naoki Irie (Yuki Furukawa). She falls in love with him immediately. Kotoko initially doesn't express her feelings to him, but finally has a chance to tell him how she feels. Unfortunately, Naoki turns Kotoko down, saying "I don't like dumb women."
One day, Kotoko Aihara's house is severely damaged by an earthquake. Until the house is rebuilt, Kotoko Aihara and her father decide to live with her father's friend. When Kotoko Aihara moves to her new temporary house, she is surprised to learn that Naoki Irie lives there as well.

Cast:

Honoka Miki - Kotoko Aihara
Yuki Furukawa - Naoki Irie
Yuki Yamada - Kinnosuke Ikezawa

It's also the fourth live adaptation of the manga/anime after Itazara Na Kiss Japan, Playful Kiss South Korea and It Started with A Kiss/They Kiss Again Taiwan.

Who else is watching this?
I'm waiting until the series is at least half way done to see how the reviews are. After watching "It Started with a Kiss" I don't want to watch anything that may sully my good memory of this series.
I've watched the first episode, although I have episode 2 ready, I don't have the time to watch it because of an english book report for school. x.x (wait, what am I doing in this thread? xD) I'm plugging on distance, so I'm at home whole the time. T__T Hopefully, tomorrow! :3 I really enjoyed the first episode! I've watched the korean version and the anime - it does seem promesing. c: It's cute~ I like the cast! ^_^ Loved Kotoko's reaction when she saw Irie-kun. xD
I am watching it too and I am liking it since it's giving me a different feeling from the other remakes. Plus, Naoki is much cooler and Kotoko isn't annoying, she's actually very loveable :) The next episode's review contained different scenes and I am excited about it.
So, okay...I wasn't very impressed by the first episode...but I am a little intrigued by the second episode...so I will keep watching. But I find it lacking in comparison with both the Taiwan version and the Korean version. It's not that funny. and he is definitely not that attractive...she is holding the show together for me all on her own.
G-Panda wrote:

I really enjoyed the first episode! I've watched the korean version and the anime - it does seem promesing. c:
It's cute~ I like the cast! ^_^ Loved Kotoko's reaction when she saw Irie-kun. xD

Her facial expression in that scene was priceless!

Mickey wrote: I am watching it too and I am liking it since it's giving me a different feeling from the other remakes.
Plus, Naoki is much cooler and Kotoko isn't annoying, she's actually very loveable :) The next episode's review contained different scenes and I am excited about it.

I am more than excited about the scenes from the preview! Especially the Slap scene, I never thought that Kotoko would do that to Naoki.

goldenseal50 wrote: So, okay...I wasn't very impressed by the first episode...but I am a little intrigued by the second episode...so I will keep watching. But I find it lacking in comparison with both the Taiwan version and the Korean version. It's not that funny. and he is definitely not that attractive...she is holding the show together for me all on her own.

It's still the beginning though.
This drama is good, all what I can think of: this is much better than the 1996 version plus the female lead is so different from what I know.
I wonder if they're going to have a Christine in this one or ignore her presence like in the 1990's version or botch her role like in Playful Kiss. It Started With a Kiss Again was the only version that used her character awesome-like. I hope this one doesn't screw up stuff D:
Arduinne wrote: I wonder if they're going to have a Christine in this one or ignore her presence like in the 1990's version or botch her role like in Playful Kiss. It Started With a Kiss Again was the only version that used her character awesome-like.

I hope this one doesn't screw up stuff D:

What I am most afraid of that they won't reach the marriage phase (like the old J-version) because the female lead is 16 years old and so, that makes me worried,...
Mickey wrote: What I am most afraid of that they won't reach the marriage phase (like the old J-version) because the female lead is 16 years old and so, that makes me worried,...

Maybe they will do what May Queen did and use young actors for one half and then older actors for the second?
The whole drama will be just 16 eps and so I would be okey with the story up to their wedding. Arduinne, Jdramas aren't like Kdramas. Don't think they will change the main leads. Btw, I really enjoyed the first 2 eps.
I think like akai-kitsune too, Japanese don't change leads but I am also worried about the fact that she's only 16 years old, it kills the mood somehow.
CheerfulSoul wrote: I think like akai-kitsune too, Japanese don't change leads but I am also worried about the fact that she's only 16 years old, it kills the mood somehow.

You can bet that there won't be any steamy scenes like in the two previous versions, even the kiss will look fake but that's how Japan do things.
So far: it's much better than the Korean version. I also like Kin-Chan here, the way he talks is very funny plus his relationship with Kotoko is good.
eng subs srt files 1- 3 added bit.ly/15b4sjC