First 3 episodes down. It's entertaining me but Yes, so far it isn't standing out much from the crowd. There are bits here and there that are keeping me very interested but I find myself wanting more... something special to happen. We'll see. Jdramas like Pride, Love Shuffle, Mr. Brain et. al have spoiled me. LOL
Jeaniessi wrote: First 3 episodes down. It's entertaining me but Yes, so far it isn't standing out much from the crowd. There are bits here and there that are keeping me very interested but I find myself wanting more... something special to happen. We'll see. Jdramas like Pride, Love Shuffle, Mr. Brain et. al have spoiled me. LOL

It's very hard to do dramas like that anymore, for a standard drama like this, you can't expect it to become like one of those dramas you mentioned above.
i haven't been paying as much attention to the drama world as i used to. i picked 2 jdramas this season that i was going to be faithful to and they are awesome. feeling bored today i decided to check DC to see what dramas were uploaded today and out of the blue i decided to check out this drama not knowing anything about it. i was shell shocked to see shota. hello! how did i not know shota has a drama this season?! i have been a bad bad bad drama addict this year. lol. and of course its no surprise that i love this drama. i love shota in dark mysterious roles.
For some reason I have the urge to screencap every second of this. Oh yeah, it's Shota's sexiness that's why....
I actually quite enjoy this drama. I will admit that the Liar Game and Hana Yori Dango were much more epic, but this certainly isn't bad. The plot is interesting enough, but I really hope there will be legit romance at the end. And by legit romance I DO NOT mean staring at each other meaningfully and smiling in the last scene, I want someone to hug someone else and say, "I like you," (Although "I love you" is preferred....). That most likely won't happen though, but I will certainly finish this drama.
infiniti512 wrote: For some reason I have the urge to screencap every second of this. Oh yeah, it's Shota's sexiness that's why....

Oh I don't feel so alone now because I have been screen capping the bajeesus out of this show and I'm only 4 episodes in.

hugepuffball wrote: I actually quite enjoy this drama. I will admit that the Liar Game and Hana Yori Dango were much more epic, but this certainly isn't bad. The plot is interesting enough, but I really hope there will be legit romance at the end. And by legit romance I DO NOT mean staring at each other meaningfully and smiling in the last scene, I want someone to hug someone else and say, "I like you," (Although "I love you" is preferred....). That most likely won't happen though, but I will certainly finish this drama.

I really liked episode 4. Getting more back story and the interplay between Tokage and Kaori was sweet. I like the build up. I agree with you about Liar Game being more epic... But this show has some good writing and clever plotting.
I changed my mind a little after watchinf ep 4, things turned out well to my liking. Not something epic but it's absolutely enjoyable.
This drama seems alright to me, I will start it after I finish MPD Psycho.
i kinda wished i hadn't picked up this drama yet. the dreaded part of watching current dramas--the wait for subs is agonising. i like this drama but i don't think there is enough character development happening. 4 epis in and we don't know much about anyone. even with the last episode we learned what happened with the ex-boyfriend it still didn't make a connection to anything for me. the action and cop drama aspect is excellent i just hope the emotional aspects and character stories pick up soon.
I watch ep 6 and I believe that the chracters development is better, not excellent but it's there which is a good thing. I still have hope fore more picks even though we're half way through.
Even though I am enjoying it I really wish there wasn't a new case in each epi. I kinda wish they would focus on the case surrounding his dead partner. That central case seems more interesting to me than most of the cases featured in the episodes. I still feel like I don't know anything about these characters and we are 6 episode in. What do we really know about tokage? I understand that they want him to be mysterious but he is the lead and it's just moving too slow. I think focusing on new cases in each episode is what is detracting from character development. We learn more about the guest characters involved in each case than we do about the staple characters of this drama.
There are seven episodes out. Should I start this or wait until it completely ends?
CheerfulSoul wrote: There are seven episodes out. Should I start this or wait until it completely ends?

Hmmm... Well, I am pretty biased but I say wait. I enjoy it but it might be more enjoyable to be able to watch more than one at a time rather than wait. I have a feeling it might not feel so slow if you are able to group several together. It's not a bad drama. I actually really like it...but it's not perfect.
Jeaniessi wrote: Hmmm... Well, I am pretty biased but I say wait. I enjoy it but it might be more enjoyable to be able to watch more than one at a time rather than wait. I have a feeling it might not feel so slow if you are able to group several together. It's not a bad drama. I actually really like it...but it's not perfect.

Then I will wait.
I am watching because of Shota, who cares about perfection when there's that perfect creature as the lead male? Not me!
CheerfulSoul wrote: Then I will wait.
I am watching because of Shota, who cares about perfection when there's that perfect creature as the lead male? Not me!

I am right there with you! I am unashamed of my fangirl love. I could watch him watch paint dry. <3 Love him to pieces.